Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTR

Here is one that I did fitting both drivers on a single coin.

p1013135.jpg

DTR

Does anyone know if the glass lense DR Lava sells comes with the Aixiz module ???

No it is the acrylic. I would not make much sense to sell the glass lenses for $10 and then turn around and sell the glass lens and the module for $5.:p

That would be for the normal Aixiz lense for $5 wouldn't it, I was on about dose the glass lense for $10, dose that come with the module also would it be suitable for a 445 ?

The 445 is going to need a glass lens for anything very far over lasing threshold. You will be buying the lens separately unless otherwise stated.
Ar coating is a good idea too.
The 405-G-1 is better for raw power and close up burning but the aixis (3 lens assembly) will give you a nicer beam profile. It still kinda sucks though because the multimode 445s always have pretty crappy divergence.
If I had to chose between the 2, I would build another 405nm laser, this thing is great for distance burning (made a scorch mark on the wall at 45 feet... Whups) and the divergence is SO much better ^_^

Just an update to my question posted earlier. I PM'd drlava a couple days ago and got a reply last night. He said to just submit multiple orders and he'll adjust the shipping so duplicate orders ship free. I forgot he could so that since when you use google checkout the seller has to submit the final total before it can be processed.

Also FWIW I placed an order Friday night that was shipped today (next business day after the holiday) so it looks like his backlog is hopefully caught up.

esg1

Will purchase 4 units. How much I'll pay for Registered Priority Mail? Please give immediate answer.

diggy

Ok I'm starting to get concerned here. I purchased 2 flexdrives from the order page and sent the payment 4-5 days ago and haven't heard anything. I understand there might be a waiting period and that's fine with me. It's just I've sent a couple pm's over the last few days to DrLava just letting him know I sent payment and wanted to make sure he got everything ok. Didn't hear back so sent the 2nd pm a day later saying hey I never heard back from him even though he was online and could he just send a quick reply letting me know everything is good. Even though he's come online every day after I've sent him the pm's, he never replies. I'm starting to get a bit concerned here. After some reading around I saw someone said just try messaging him on that PL forum so I just signed up there and sent a pm from there. *:yabbem:

Has he replied to anyone elses pm's since he's been online daily over the last few days? I completly understand that he may be behind and I may have to wait and I'm absolutely fine with that, I just wished he wouldn't ignore my pm's and just give me a quick reply saying everything is good and he's received my order & payment. Just getting a little nervous making a purchase like this sending money to some guy on the Internet without the protections of any eBay/PayPal guarantees LoL... :san: At this point I'm kind of glad I just purchased the initial 2 units to try him/them out instead of ordering all the units I needed.

From what I've read though, DrLava seemed to be pretty honest/reliable, that's just why I'm a little confused and worried he's ignoring my messages.*:confused:

DrLava please help me put a stop to my paranoia and just let me know you've received my order and everything is good and maybe you just didn't have time to reply. My order info is in my pm's to you, and I entered my forum username in the order. Thanks man, I appreciate it! :beer:

:thanks:

-Diggy

Pretty standard.
I had the same thing happen to me a while back, he's just busy with projects on the other laser forum and has no time for answering questions.
I understand that he is busy with projects but I personally don't agree with running a business that way. He has a great product, seems like a decent guy too, but if you can't satisfy your customers you need to get a system in place that will.
Get another company retailing you you for a small commission or something...
I know a bit about it because I sell my own patented creation as well, I've had to make sacrifices in my personal life to meet an order. I've also had to postpone a vacation to negotiate with prospective customers. It can be frustrating but making sure your customer is satisfied comes just below quality in terms of importance to me.
He WILL get it to you, just don't expect him to update you daily on your orders' progress ;)

diggy

Pretty standard.
I had the same thing happen to me a while back, he's just busy with projects on the other laser forum and has no time for answering questions.
I understand that he is busy with projects but I personally don't agree with running a business that way. He has a great product, seems like a decent guy too, but if you can't satisfy your customers you need to get a system in place that will.
Get another company retailing you you for a small commission or something...
I know a bit about it because I sell my own patented creation as well, I've had to make sacrifices in my personal life to meet an order. I've also had to postpone a vacation to negotiate with prospective customers. It can be frustrating but making sure your customer is satisfied comes just below quality in terms of importance to me.
He WILL get it to you, just don't expect him to update you daily on your orders' progress ;)

Thanks. I finally managed to get a reply from him on that PL forum and he said my order will be shipped in the next day or so. I didn't want it to come off like I wanted my order right this second, I fully expected to wait a bit if he was behind, I just started to get a bit nervous when he wouldn't reply to any of my messages, considering I already sent him the money and I saw him active on the forums the day after I sent each message.

:san:

Anyway all is good now, thanks DrLava, I'll definitly be buying more of these flexdrives soon. :beer:

-Diggy

diggy

Please give me the address of paypal. Pm sent, but does not answer.

He prefers Google Checkout, unfortunately...

He may allow paypal though. Try messaging him on PL, that's how I got a reply...

:beer:

Kenom

Here is one that I did fitting both drivers on a single coin.

p1013135.jpg

Why am I not seeing a thread that outlines this dual drive setup for 445nm lasers? I've searched the forum for a tutorial or some explanation of how or when this can be done and have found NOTHING. Or if it's out there, the THREAD TITLE, does not reflect the actual content of the thread.

Anyone capable of pointing me to the instructions on how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.