Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlava

Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

There is still a current ramp-up in these new ones, typically several milliseconds, there just isn't such a long delay for the circuit to get going anymore. This is a byproduct of the new chip :)

AdamR

merrr can't order :( "UK Maestro cards can't convert to USD"

Any chance of me paying with paypal?

How many amps/mA can it output at 3v?

EDIT: is 1A at 3v possible? :-?

Lol

Payment sent :)

Can't wait ;D

The FlexDrive manual is available somewhere here, the specs are in there. Max output current is 1.5A, output voltage is 2.0-5.5V. So: 1A at 3V is no problem.

dr-ebert said:
The FlexDrive manual is available somewhere here, the specs are in there. Max output current is 1.5A, output voltage is 2.0-5.5V. So: 1A at 3V is no problem.
Ah yes, read the manual, and if I understand this correctly, if the input voltage is [ch8805] the output, it'll work no problem :D 1W RED HERE I COME!! :p

Actually it's NOT a requirement that the input voltage is higher than the output voltage - it's a buck/boost circuit (or DC/DC converter). The only requirement (within the operating parameters) is that the power source has about 20% spare wattage (volts x amperes) above the load.

dr-ebert said:
Actually it's NOT a requirement that the input voltage is higher than the output voltage - it's a buck/boost circuit (or DC/DC converter). The only requirement (within the operating parameters) is that the power source has about 20% spare wattage (volts x amperes) above the load.
It says specifically (as an example) that it can't do 5V at 1A with 2V input. This led me to believe that at such high current the boost function doesn't... function.. :-/

Yes, that'd require about 3A input current. The "rule of thumb" in the manual essentially means the input current should be below 1.2A. So the example you cite is way outside the "operating parameters", thus not possible. I guess the full set of possible input/output V/A combinations has some more limiting conditions (you'd need a 4-dimensional graph to plot the full set).

dr-ebert said:
Yes, that'd require about 3A input current. The "rule of thumb" in the manual essentially means the input current should be below 1.2A. So the example you cite is way outside the "operating parameters", thus not possible. I guess the full set of possible input/output V/A combinations has some more limiting conditions (you'd need a 4-dimensional graph to plot the full set).
Well, I don't understand all this lol. I'm going to be using 2x18650 batteries in parallel. This should be fine, yes?

Thanks Dr.Lava these drivers ROCK!!!

I just recieved mine the shipping was a little slow but what can I say it ,was cheap shipping!  ;D

Soldering the wires on this is pretty annoying.

So in the end thanks Dr.Lava for selling these tiny great drivers for affordable prices and making them so tiny that will fit in almost any build!

Attachments

• you_rock_10022.jpg
    you_rock_10022.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 133

HumanSymphony said:
Well, I don't understand all this lol. I'm going to be using 2x18650 batteries in parallel. This should be fine, yes?
That should work nicely for 3V/1A out. A heatsink for the 5-pin chip would be a good idea.

dr-ebert said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1209418066/928#938 date=1238190667]
That should work nicely for 3V/1A out. A heatsink for the 5-pin chip would be a good idea.
[/quote]
Indeed. Must find something for that :p

Whoa I just saw the first page since I heard from the v4 :)

Good job, this driver is really small! Can it be even further optimized? Next version will be 0,5*0,4mm :p

Niko said:
Whoa I just saw the first page since I heard from the v4 :)

Good job, this driver is really small! Can it be even further optimized? Next version will be 0,5*0,4mm :p

Heh 1mm by 1mm, price: YOUR SOUL!

Krutz

there are drivers that tiny, no joke! they get integrated *into* the can, like into a 5.6mm can! couldnt believe this at first, i read the datacheet, the laser-die isnt connected to the pins, there really is a driver inside a normally-looking can! sure, its no buck-boost as the flexdrive, the laserdiode itself is propably not much more than a pointer, but damn, amazing possibilities! one tiny lithium buttoncell, one 5.6mm can, that will be the tiniest pointer ever, at the time! :)
sorry, have no idea where i saw this..

manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.