Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

666DAN said:
drlava...are stocks still good? I've got some more ordering to if you can fire them out :)

He's in between versions right now. He's out of stock of the old and the new ones aren't here yet.

How about a nice potted plant for now?

Peace
dave

Ahhh 2 in 1 drive, excellent upgrade I must say! Oh well better stock up on 803T's while the drives are being made :)

daguin said:
[quote author=666DAN link=1209418066/156#159 date=1215252868]drlava...are stocks still good? I've got some more ordering to if you can fire them out :)

He's in between versions right now.  He's out of stock of the old and the new ones aren't here yet.

How about a nice potted plant for now?

Peace
dave[/quote]

Dr. Lava is selling Pot plants now? cool :D

Could you explain that the whole "Battery ground does not have to be connected... ect" sentance means? By ground do you mean the negative terminals?

yes, the negative terminal on the battery side doesn't need to be connected as long as the diode - side is connected with the board and also is connected with the battery -.

Please let us all know when your V2.0 drivers come in. I need to order a lot more and will do so once you have them in stock.

I'm looking forward to my previous order 4 of these bad boys :) no tracking updates on USPS but I'm sure its on the way.

thanks,
Kendall

DIdnt feel this quesiton merited a whole thread...
I hooked up the diode and everything and was adjusting the current. When set up, the voltage across R10 read 9.5 when the meter was set to 200m. This means that I am running at 95 mA , correct? I am just unsure where the meter puts the decimal on the 200m setting.

Any info around about finding and pricing pcb manufacturers?

any update on generation 2 ETA? I would like to buy about 5 more at least... please let us / me know when you get finish up the drivers!

drlava said:
For the others, it is likely that you will be receiving rev. 2 of this driver, fresh from assembly, because the other stock is dwindling fast.
Rev. 2 has both ranges built into one unit, higher max current capability, and shorter startup delay!
So, a note to everyone who still feels like placing an order: you will wait and eventually receive the rev.2 FlexDrive.

Well, I made my order for 3 flexdrivers after reading this. if I do get the rev.2, I'm curious what the input voltage limits will be? will it be possible to run it using 2 3.7 cells, or will that be abit to high for it?

Maelstrom said:
DIdnt feel this quesiton merited a whole thread...
I hooked up the diode and everything and was adjusting the current. When set up, the voltage across R10 read 9.5 when the meter was set to 200m. This means that I am running at 95 mA , correct? I am just unsure where the meter puts the decimal on the 200m setting.

Yes, that is correct! Your reading would be 9.5 mV which translates to 95mA in this case.

Choad_Sac said:
Well, I made my order for 3 flexdrivers after reading this. if I do get the rev.2, I'm curious what the input voltage limits will be? will it be possible to run it using 2 3.7 cells, or will that be abit to high for it?

The input voltage ranges will remain the same, but the red and blue ranges will be combined into one unit. Also, there are a few other minor changes that will be mentioned after I receive and test them in 2 weeks.

So I can squeeze one of these into an Aixiz module and run it at 400mA for a few hours without anything catching fire? Inside diameter on the aixiz model is 10.1 mm so it should squeeze in there with a bit of trimming eh?

yes, but you for sure can't run it at 400mA for a few hours unless you want an overheated laser!

got in my order of a few flexdrives yesterday. Thanks DrLava.

I'm not too excited about doing the SMD soldering with the pots to make them low power though...   :-/ it seems that we're buying the high power ones for $2 more... maybe you could make each the same price as they are the same thing, or increase the price of the low power ones and have the pots already on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back