Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasever 473nm handheld stopped working

IsaacT

Those are customs declaration forms and they are a PAIN! Hak isnt joking when he stresses that.

Encap

It is really not so difficult to ship to China--same process as shipping to any other Country. More than anything it is just expensive about $40.

Shipping to China used to be slow and a pain but China has become a major US ecommerce trade partner and as such, the process for shipping packages to China has been streamlined

Use USPS Express Mail International for tracking and reliability--- only paperwork is a standard Express Mail, Mailing Label and a PS Form 2976A Customs form which the post office will give you--is just the name and address info as on the mailing label + declaring the item--an extra form but easy to do.

You can wrap it in bubble wrap then put into a padded bag which when folded over will fit inside an Express Mail bag .

Last edited:
I do not agree with you on this..

The China addresses are many times longer, the spaces where you need to enter all this are very tiny and too few in number.

In USA we have STATE- city, country and zip code only,... in China they have much more- and it is not easy to know which is which -

Even the post office workers are never thrilled to see me as they too have a hard time putting/placeing everything where it goes.

I do not agree with you on this..

The China addresses are many times longer, the spaces where you need to enter all this are very tiny and too few in number.

In USA we have STATE- city, country and zip code only,... in China they have much more- and it is not easy to know which is which -

Even the post office workers are never thrilled to see me as they too have a hard time putting/placeing everything where it goes.

This is shipping to somewhere within China

Apartment
Block
Residential Complex
Street name and no.
District
Name of region
Name of city
Name of province / Postal Code
China

that is true but in some cases i could not figure which name was the city or province.

Plus I have heard from many others that sending stuff to China was a bit of a PITA- you are the first to say it is easy-cheezy.

this is shipping to me
name
street
city
state USA
and zip

this is shipping to China:

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO M,AIL SOMETHING TO ME

my name

here is what I must squeeze into the limited number of VERY small spaces.

Lei
4-02
Dashanbaocheng
No. 13
ChongQingNan Road
SiFang
QingDao
Shandong
CHINA
Phone:186-60-xx7-XX65

now I will say it for sure got easier in time and when I got the address like this:

Recipient Name: L
Address: 402, Dashanbaocheng , No. 13, ChongQingNan Road, SiFang District
City: QingDao
Province: Shandong
Postal Code: 266000
Phone:186-6XX7-XX65

One new way that once I figure it all out would be to ship on-line-
this allows copypasta and the shipper helps a lot with the customs forms
etc.

I will post links on how to ship international from your home asap.

Last edited:
If anyone has any future issues with the PGL-III-C style lasers here is what i found to be also a fail.

First and for most what i share is more for those that are experience in Fixing lasers themselves. Dont expect to take the laser apart and then be able to ship it back to a company to pick up the pieces. So make sure you know what your doing and your end goal is for you yourself to fix it.

Some Info:
If you got the 80mW Version then the diode they are using is 3W rated and is run at 2.2A for ~ 2.5W or so of 808nm.

The 50mW version use a 2W diode that they run from 1.7A-1.8A with a power of ~ 1.8W-1.9W of 808nm.

IN MOST Cases.

I have repaired several PGL-III-C before. From Alignment issue with someone dropping the laser and the OC mirror got jerked or a total crystal replacement to someone putting the cell in wrong killing the entire unit to me just putting a battery in getting a quick flash of blue then nothing.

This appears to be exactly what happened in your case.

This happened to a CNI-PGL-III-C 50mW 473nm version. It had little use before i bought it used from someone.

When it happened I turned the laser ON only for the second time and it happened. Quick Flash of Blue then fadded out.

In My case it was the pump diode. But the LED on the driver still worked and there was a light glow coming from the diode which means it LED and or just had a short life.

I have already fixed the repair on my own by replacing the diode and re-adjusting the Pump focus lens.

In your case it sounds like something else Ive noticed that seems to fail with either putting the cell in wrong or sometimes with out any explanation. At least from my experience.

Here is a Picture of the back end of the PGL-III-C Module:

In the middle i think its a fuse or diode and it is connected to both LD- & LD+ "Even though in my pic its not its because i already cut it". When it fails it shorts both LD- and LD+ Which then does not allow any currant to pass through to the laser diode to pump anymore.

In 4 repair cases all i did was cut it off and the lasers worked again.

The LED goes out too if that fails.

There is a few diffrent version of drivers so some might not behave this way.

Maybe someone can help and say what that component is. I think its a fuse.

I suspect that this is what happened and that Fuse/diode did its job and prevented more damage to the unit.

If that is it, Why it happened.? I dont have the slightest idea.

Maybe if you retrace your steps back it might make more sense but somethings that come to mind not that iam saying this is what happened its just what comes to mind.

-The cell got put in wrong. To be honest i think thats why that is there for.
-Over Voltage (These driver are LM358 basses so no more then 5v input IIRC)
-Cap Popped on the driver.

Alot of times putting the cell in wrong goes un noticed. Several times Ive had to ask someone if they remembered if they put the cell in correctly and in most cases one cant remember.

It has happend to the best of us.

Most common is you put the cell in. "Wrong" The laser does not work you pull the cell out look around then put the cell in again "Correct way" and laser still does not work. One then thinks they never put the cell in wrong.

Again not saying that happened but just trying to paint a picture.

Either way 5 months the laser should not fail with proper use.

So in your case it would be smart to send it back rather then try a repair.

But for those that have some Old PGL-III-C definitely take a look at what i said.

Just to put in a few more numbers just in case someone needs the info.

What i found in PGL-III-C 473nm,532nm,589nm & 594nm when it comes to diodes they use for pumping its pretty much all the same. (Other models are also very similar)

-500mA they are using a 500mW 808nm diode @ ~500mW
-900mA to 1.1A they are using a 1W 808nm diode @ ~1W
-1.3A they are using a 1.5W 808nm diode @ ~1.2W (I think its 1.5W if not then overdriving a 1W diode.)
-1.7A-1.8A they are using a 2W 808nm diode @ ~1.8W
-2.2A-2.3A they are using a 3W 808nm diode @ ~2.5W

Its very hard to tell with the power output. But for the rare colors <50mW you will expect 2W diode or less. More then 50mW "Rated" you can expect a 3W diode.

For 532nm 300mW-400mW is using a 2W diode. 400mW-600mW they are using a 3W diode.

Someone might find this useful.:)

The PGL-III-C is still one of my all time favorite designed hosts and laser bodies.:)

Last edited:
I can say for a fact that the battery was inserted in the correct direction.

Just so you know-- if that is what CNI does, Lasever does the same thing with the back end of their modules.

Lazereer, you have some issues, the PGL-III-C is such a boring host :p

After taking way too long for me to be able to get to the post office to send this out I have sent it back finally and it has been received by lasever and they said they are looking into fixing it.

After taking way too long for me to be able to get to the post office to send this out I have sent it back finally and it has been received by lasever and they said they are looking into fixing it.

Good! Hope it gets fixed soon and you can get back to enjoying that amazing wavelength :beer:

D

Deleted member 16589

Did lasever say what went wrong in the head.

Glad you got it fixed.