Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasever 473nm / 120mW Build

jayrob

Just finished my Lasever 473 build and wanted to show pics...

lasever%20473%2012.jpg

That's the finished look after I sent the host to Angelos (lazeerer) to have it polished professionally... :cool:

It started out as shown below...

I found that these Lasever modules run very stable if using a large heatsink. :)

These are the PL series modules designed for hand held application. (more expensive vs the other modules they have)

lasever 473 1.jpg

Here's the link to the 26650 host I'm using:
OEM E3 HAIII CREE XM-L U2/T6 LED 1x/2x26650 Flashlight Host Kit with Extension Body_OEM Flashlights_Electronics Wholesale online

For DIY, here's some information on the build: (also showing how I mounted the lens and driver)

* Module - 26mm diameter X 53.5mm from brass to the IR filter
* Driver - 25.5mm diameter X 13.5mm (there is a switch on the driver - it is not a momentary switch. So instead of by-passing it, you can just turn it on, and it does not stick out past the edge of the board if you just remove the blue cap)
* Distance from lens to front of module - .890in.
* Length of brass module without driver or lens - 1.960in.
* Over all length needed for module with lens (not counting the driver mount) - 2.850in.

For this build, there was some modification and machine work needed for mounting the driver into the pill, as well as machine work needed on the head to mount my custom heatsink...

lasever 473 10.jpg

The following pictures show the details of the build...

The driver has a switch that you can just turn on. If you remove the blue button, then it does not stick out past the edge of the board...

lasever 473 2.jpg

lasever 473 3.jpg

lasever 473 4.jpg

lasever 473 5.jpg

lasever 473 6.jpg

lasever 473 7.jpg

lasever 473 8.jpg

lasever 473 9.jpg

lasever%20473%2011.jpg

I find it hard to get a good picture of the beam with 473...

This is the best I could get but it's over exposed and the picture makes the beam look much 'thicker' than it is. Still pretty decent shot I guess though. :cool:

Current / Output:

The driver draws a steady 2.1 Amps from the fully charged 26650 cell...

The stability of the module at this power is awesome!

* Up to 80mW's in 25 seconds.
* At 40 seconds - 120mW's
* At 1 minute - 134mW's

Even after 2 minutes, it was still 125mW's, and it peaked at 154mW's. :)

Also, the beam is really nice with great divergence...

I'm not selling complete lasers, but I can hook you up with a 'Hot' option if desired. (just connect your module lead wires to the driver lead wires)

You can use the information and measurements shown in this thread to get an idea of how you might make one of these nice modules work for you! :beer:

Click here to see my list of projects and tutorials! :)

Last edited:

This is Awesome! Great job jay! :beer:

Put now the actual Focus Adapter :na:

Last edited:

jayrob

This is Awesome! Great job jay! :beer:

Put now the actual Focus Adapter :na:

:thanks:

About the focus adapter. It doesn't need focusing...

Although the way I have it set up, it can focus for fine adjustment, but you don't need to mess with it once you get it set.

I chose the way I have it, because I like to use a dust cap. :)

Last edited:

DJNY

Wow very impressive Jay! A lot of people are going to be jealous as hell now :)

What I would do is to polish the host :)

jayrob

Wow very impressive Jay! A lot of people are going to be jealous as hell now :)

What I would do is to polish the host :)

That's the same thing I was thinking... :beer:

I thought about asking Angelos how much he would want to polish the host since he is so good at it, but I know he's really busy these days...

DJNY

That's the same thing I was thinking... :beer:

I thought about asking Angelos how much he would want to polish the host since he is so good at it, but I know he's really busy these days...

The host is not easy to polish, especially the head is going to be a lot of work.

You can enjoy it now as it is and ask him later this year. It´s like getting a new laser and you can revive your fascination for this laser again.

Great going jay... looking at the sink there is usually a land area that the top of the host uses to lock on while turn the host top section. I don't see that here it looks all one diameter. How is the sink locked into the host?

Looks fantastic :drool: Shame you arent selling them as kits ;) :beer:

Great going jay... looking at the sink there is usually a land area that the top of the host uses to lock on while turn the host top section. I don't see that here it looks all one diameter. How is the sink locked into the host?

Pic 6: Looks like a setscrew in the outside wall of the host, where the HS slots in.

Last edited:

jayrob

My beam shots didn't turn out focused, I'll try and get better ones... Edit: Beam shot added... :cool:

Looks fantastic :drool: Shame you arent selling them as kits ;) :beer:

Pic 6: Looks like a setscrew in the outside wall of the host, where the HS slots in.

Correct, I'm using just a single set screw to hold the heatsink into the host. The heatsink to host, is a very 'snug' fit. And just the single set screw is plenty sufficient.

The reason I said I wasn't selling kits, is because I'm distributing these Lasever modules, and don't sell complete lasers.

But you can use the information and measurements shown in this thread to get an idea of how you might make one of these nice modules work for you! :beer:

Last edited:

ped

Yes, beam shots or its a PHR :eg:

Last edited:

jayrob

No beam shots? Shame on you!

I find it hard to get a good picture of the beam with 473...

This is the best I could get but it's over exposed and the picture makes the beam look much 'thicker' than it is. (adding to first post)

lasever%20473%2011.jpg

jakeGT

It shows the color well! I forgot to add that the host is awesome, and I think the only way it could get better was if you sent it to Angelos to have him polish it for you. If you end up doing it you better post the pics!

jayrob

It shows the color well! I forgot to add that the host is awesome, and I think the only way it could get better was if you sent it to Angelos to have him polish it for you. If you end up doing it you better post the pics!

Yep Angelos told me that he will polish it for me when he gets caught up... :)

The fins are close together and kind of deep, so it may be really hard to get down in there though...

Last edited: