Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lasers will help save my life.

the mind has powerful influence over the body, staying positive and believing you will kick it's ass could make lots of difference. so kick it's ass, with lasers

Laik

I hope you make a speedy and full recovery! Stay positive and like shake said, kicks its bloody ass! Hope you can keep your mind off it with lasers :beer:

WOW, MT...So sorry to hear of your upcoming battle. Though, you do sound confident and unwavering in your determination to prevail, and that's important. "Stiff upper lip" and all that, right mate! I have complete faith....You Brits are tough as nails.:beer:

I only hope that your road to victory is as short and uneventful as possible...you know, so you can get back to thinking about YOUR lasers!:D

BTW: Michael Douglas (the actor) recently stated that his throat cancer (which BTW, he totally beat) was caused by HPV.

Get well soon bro-
we all feel like brothers here-

and we now have one more GREAT answer to te all-too-common question--"what good are lasers"?

kilter

That really sucks! Sorry for slight Necro but I really hope you get better and have a succesful surgery. Lasers ROCK!!!

Thanks for all your support and kind words guys.
I start my radio therapy today and chemo therapy today for 6 weeks.
Glad to be part of this forum and Hobby

Last edited:

IsaacT

I don't know how I missed this since I am on here so damn much. It is terrible to hear that you have throat cancer, but as others have said you brits are a hardy bunch. I am confident you will kick its ass, if not simply so you can get back to your tea.

Keep calm and carry on, friend :beer:

IsaacT

When I had some ingrown toenails removed they used a CO2 Laser to cauterize the wound. The doc wheeled it in and I was all questions. What type of gas does that laser use?(CO2 I was told) How many Watts is it??? etc etc etc. I am surprised the doc didnt smack me in the face.

Last edited:
When I had some ingrown toenails removed they used a CO2 Laser to cauterize the wound. The doc wheeled it in and I was all questions. What type of gas does that laser use?(CO2 I was told) How many Watts is it??? etc etc etc. I am surprised the doc didnt smack me in the face.

HAHA it was just two girls ,,,most girls hate lasers , there was no point!(although I sold a lovely 405 I made to my boys wife!) but I wanted to know that stuff.. they were super weak ones still very visible .
when they made my mask they used 650nm stuff.. to line it up and they had to switch the lights off to see it and no goggles.!