Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers prove we've been to the moon !

Yes, I was visiting the looney part of YouTube. I like the sci-fi aspects of it, never mind reality, LOL. Strangely, there is lots of that stuff but I suppose there is lots of anything on youtube now.

You are all wrong, the moon isn't real, it's a 3D projection and we all live inside a huge virtual reality where nothing is as we think it is, it's just energy or information coming from a 2D surface projecting an 8D quasi crystal we see as the universe. I just watched a couple of youtube videos on this a few days ago, no mystery to me anymore :p All can be known through youtube :) Was probably set up by the mainframe for us as a learning tool. Now watching another video which postulates only I am real, the rest of you projections for my benefit. The mainframe gives me much to think about.

I love sci-fi :)

brainwash.gif

Last edited:
You are blowing their cover with that 2nd photo, showing what we really are, all wired up into the matrix but unaware of it, human batteries, according to that movie. What happens if you take both the blue and the red pill together? No one ever asks that question :p

Edit: I have the answer; magenta!

Why do such strange ideas fascinate me? IDK, but the idea of a virtual reality has caught my attention and I enjoy reading more about the whacky theory when I can, I'm in good company though, Elon Musk does too.

Last edited:
When you point a powerful beam at the sky why does it look like it ends after a few miles. Is it the eyes or some other known phenomena?

Benm

What happens if you take both the blue and the red pill together? No one ever asks that question :p

Edit: I have the answer; magenta!

Why do such strange ideas fascinate me? IDK, but the idea of a virtual reality has caught my attention and I enjoy reading more about the whacky theory when I can, I'm in good company though, Elon Musk does too.

I believe there is some interaction between those pills, bascially causing nothing to happen but you will shit purple for a week or two. Or you just imagine your turds are purple for a week or two, this we really do not know nor can we establish with certainty.

As for the concept of you living in a situation and/or everyone living in one: If the simulation is -perfect- there can, by definition, be -no- method to detect that.

Some people think that the speed of light (or more precisely, information) is a sign of this: it accounts for processing time in the simulation when trying to interact with things that are far away from you.

The speed of light is often referenced to when looking at things in space that are pretty far away like tthe moon or mars. But it works the same on earth, there is a minimum amount of time required to send information from one location to another. This is seldomly noticed except for long distance phonecalls or internet connections between continents and such.

I don't see it as proof, but it would be a great design idea for a simulation: limit the speed of light so you cannot have instant communication with anyone else, on earth or otherwise. Pretty decent to deter anyone from figuring out the fact that they are in a simulation by running an experiment that proves there is lag in computation of it.

When you point a powerful beam at the sky why does it look like it ends after a few miles. Is it the eyes or some other known phenomena?

It just appears that way. Even a BE laser will look or photograph like this. It isn't stopping, you just can't see how far it has gone before the beam seems to disappear.

IDK, the theories sure keep pointing towards our being in a sim of some kind, what is happening, I think, is our tech is simply getting advanced enough to mirror natures way and we start think everything is virtual and then begin questioning who made the machine the program is running on when we should just accept reality is digital at our base level and that the machine created itself at the moment of the big bang. Although, at the level below that of Plank, at the place the energy our universe expanded from out of "nothing", I suspect that is a pure analog reality without division of any kind. Thus, is "God" analog?

I don't think so. At the moment before the big bang and during inflation, time didn't exist. Without time, what is there? Nothing exists without a time frame to reference to. Space and time are, after all, interlocked together.

diachi

The points are when Steve did this he did it at least 19 years ago and he did during a new Moon. Therefore cleaner reflectors an no warping caused by the Sun's heat. The other point is over the decades dust has collected on these reflectors that's why these reflectors return fewer and fewer photons as time has passed. Would it be possible to see naked eye twinkling today likely no. Did Steve see naked eye twinkling I do not know.

It'd actually be relatively simple to calculate if it is indeed possible or not. As long as you know the output power of your transmitting laser and can calculate the signal attenuation from here to the Moon and back with a given aperture size/sensor efficiency.

From there you can calculate the power received by the much smaller aperture of a human eye and figure out if it'd be visible or not.

Keep in mind, the story on the FAQ is not from Steve Roberts (AKA "mixedgas" or "LSRFAQ"). It's from a different Steve.

I don't think so. At the moment before the big bang and during inflation, time didn't exist. Without time, what is there? Nothing exists without a time frame to reference to. Space and time are, after all, interlocked together.

Yep I agree, according to our current understanding you are right. My speculations run wild.

Radim

BTW: Was Moon landing staged? Yes, and it was very expensive because actors recquired it to be shot at actual location. :D

Last edited:
If it was staged, they sure went a long way away from home to set that movie set up.

diachi

If it was staged, they sure went a long way away from home to set that movie set up.

Obviously they just made a smaller version of the holographic Moon here on earth. :beer: :p

Last edited:

Radim

Yes, Alaskan. :D

BTW: I've read a few posts here... Quite interesting discussion here. I was week out of LPF, so basically not aware what happened here. :D

Anyway those retroreflectors are not really proof we were there - just probe is sufficient to put something somewhere. No human is needed. Still I have no doubts we were there - the most significant proof is that it was in times of cold war and Soviets and US space race. Who will be first where. If this did not happened I do not believe Soviets would left this just as it was. Just imagine if they discovered US was liar - the greatest "weapon" in this race for Soviets.

Regarding further issues I noticed here about universe... There is a lot I would like to discuss, but I've not read all long thread so far.
Just about any question like "what was before big bang?" - this does not makes sense as there was no before big bang, time started at that moment and there was no space, no time before. It is a bit like asking what was your favourite meal 30 years before you were born.