Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers for Sale

Updated with more photographs. I apologize to those who read this thread yesterday before i added the extra information.

Wanted to get into the hobby of lasers, but just wasn't as engrossing as I hoped it'd be. I have some nice lasers and gear for sale, PM with offers.

1. LaserBTB 500mW 532nm PL-532 laser. Barely used, works perfectly. Comes with case, keys, tripod, and high capacity Nitecore battery. Can include Nitecore charger for extra $10. http://i.imgur.com/tskzDia.jpg Laser can also be seen here in my review: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laserbtb-500mw-pl-532-a-91998.html

2. Custom built 2W Kryton Groove blue laser w/ all blue GITD and polished host. Basically unused, was only powered up by grainde to test output and functionality. Uses Osram PLTB450 diode and 3 element lens. Diode and lens combo creates a powerful beam with great beam specs. http://i.imgur.com/fDusGkL.jpg

3. Optotronics optics kit with extra prisms and beam splitter cubes. Bought a premium 40-piece optics kit, 9 piece prism kit, 2 20mm beamsplitter cubes, and a few extra single prisms. I'd greatly prefer this be sold as a single lot, and represents $250 worth of great quality optics to experiment with and create home laser displays. New condition, all still wrapped up and in their storage case. http://i.imgur.com/nTMf3ie.jpg

4. Two Eagle Pair full-spectrum safety goggles. Come complete with cases and cleaning cloths. http://i.imgur.com/TT1e6uf.jpg

Prices (As shipped domestically within the USA, overseas shipping not included):

500mW PL532: $375 ($87 discount from $492 purchase price after 6% discount added [laser is $462 new from LaserBTB w/ discount]) SOLD

Custom Kryton Groove by grainde: $175 ($45 discount off bare cost with no shipping charges added in) SOLD

Premium optics set plus extras: $175 ($46 discount from bare cost) SOLD

Eagle Pair full spectrum safety goggles: $50 for the two pairs SOLD

Last edited:

Without photos or prices you will be hard pressed to sell anything here. Buyers dont like to make offers based on nothing.....

Yes, please list prices. I hate these "pm with offers" sorta deals, because usually there is a price the seller has in mind, so why not list it to begin with? Otherwise potential buyers are taking total shots in the dark.

Sorry. I didn't really want to list prices, but if you really want a baseline with which to send offers the PL532 is worth $520 (with 6% discount) and the custom Kryton by grainde is $280 new. And as i said all the optics together are a $250 value. I will entertain reasonable offers :)

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

Sorry. I didn't really want to list prices, but if you really want a baseline with which to send offers the PL532 is worth $520 (with 6% discount) and the custom Kryton by grainde is $280 new. And as i said all the optics together are a $250 value. I will entertain reasonable offers :)

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

PL532 500mW lists for $492 not $520 including discount...........so add the discount on top of the $492 and its even cheaper

The Groove is $230 from Grainde

Last edited:
PL532 500mW lists for $492 not $520 including discount...........so add the discount on top of the $492 and its even cheaper

The Groove is $230 from Grainde

Yea...I certainly won't be buying from this thread. Not sure why you would claim higher values then what they actually are, it's not hard for anyone to quickly look up what they are worth.

Prices aren't so good, but if manufacturers of 532nm lasers continue to shut down, in the future you might beg to buy a 500mw unit for this price :p

The PL532 price reflects what I paid for it after going back into my PayPal account to ascertain what it costs to get a 500mW laser here into the US. I'm not demanding I be paid back every penny for it. I clearly stated that these amounts are what i *paid* for my lasers, not my asking price. I haven't given anyone an asking price as of yet.

The Kryton Groove I got from grainde is not a regular build. I had him special order parts for a custom built laser. I wanted the best combination of beam power and beam specs, and that dollar figure posted represents the sum total of cash paid to grainde to get it here to my door. I'd been corresponding with grainde having him special order the parts to build it, as they're not regular stock he uses. I did not demand or "offer" a $300 asking price for the groove, I only told Zenzile through PM that as stated in this thread I paid near $300 for it. In that PM, i said verbatim "I do not expect to be paid back every penny I paid for it, so i will entertain reasonable offers".

I haven't given anyone asking prices, just the dollar amounts I paid to get these items. I am an honest person who isn't looking to rip anyone off, I know I won't get back a profit or even break even.

Last edited:

rhd

Sketchy sale thread IMO. Unknown seller who has been registered for one month. No photos upon initial listing (still aren't, though he may add some). No prices and/or reluctance to talk price (which suggests that he wants to discuss price privately by PM where potential buyers won't have the benefit of oversight / scrutiny by savvy community members).

This is just a big ol RED FLAG to my eye. I'd recommend that forum members stay away. There are plenty of reputable members posting in the BST section all the time, and while the OP very well may be an honest individual, he has no track record and he's off to a horrible start. Far too many negative experiences have started with threads like these.

Last edited:
Hi Guys I do have to vouch for Kestrel here!

He asked for a custom build using a PLTB450B 1.6 W diode (due to better beam specs). This means the laser was not from my FS thread and not with a standard 9 mm 445 diode. He also asked for super fast shipping on the diode for $ 45 which pushed the price up, so yes he paid $ 276.

Anyway the laser has a mirror finish, blue GITD on the host and head and a blue GITD tail cap. It uses an X-buck at 1.8 A and meters at 2 W with the included 3 element. With a G9 it was literally just under 2.5 W.

The laser was built about 2 weeks ago, so it is essentially new.

He was also a pleasure to deal with and seems like a decent guy.

My suggestion would be to knock off the delivery fees, esp. the DTR express delivery fee and you should be good to go.

If a buyer has any questions about the laser, whatsoever, pls feel free to PM and I'll do my best to help out.

Its a shame to see you selling it so soon, but good luck with the sale! :beer:

Last edited:
Sketchy sale thread IMO. Unknown seller who has been registered for one month. No photos upon initial listing (still aren't, though he may add some). No prices and/or reluctance to talk price (which suggests that he wants to discuss price privately by PM where potential buyers won't have the benefit of oversight / scrutiny by savvy community members).

This is just a big ol RED FLAG to my eye. I'd recommend that forum members stay away. There are plenty of reputable members posting in the BST section all the time, and while the OP very well may be an honest individual, he has no track record and he's off to a horrible start. Far too many negative experiences have started with threads like these.

I think you're being a bit too critical, rhd. After posting a decent length review on the PL532 complete with over a dozen photos, along with a link to said review in this thread, I think that is enough credence to prove I actually have said merchandise available to ship. As for photos, I took some and as I promised earlier here they are:

Optics set, prism set, beamsplitter cubes, plus extras from Optotronics: http://i.imgur.com/nTMf3ie.jpg

PL532 (put back in its static proof bag) complete with case and keys: http://i.imgur.com/tskzDia.jpg

Custom built Kryton from grainde: http://i.imgur.com/fDusGkL.jpg

Also, upon further review of my laser related things, I just realized I have two pairs of excellent condition Eagle Pair full spectrum safety glasses that I'll sell as well: http://i.imgur.com/TT1e6uf.jpg

Hi Guys I do have to vouch for Kestrel here!

He asked for a custom build using a PLTB450B 1.6 W diode (due to better beam specs). This means the laser was not from my FS thread and not with a standard 9 mm 445 diode. He also asked for super fast shipping on the diode for $ 45 which pushed the price up, so yes he paid $ 276.

Anyway the laser has a mirror finish, blue GITD on the host and head and a blue GITD tail cap. It uses an X-buck at 1.8 A and meters at 2 W with the included 3 element. With a G9 it was literally just under 2.5 W.

The laser was built about 2 weeks ago, so it is essentially new.

He was also a pleasure to deal with and seems like a decent guy.

My suggestion would be to knock off the delivery fees, esp. the DTR express delivery fee and you should be good to go.

If a buyer has any questions about the laser, whatsoever, pls feel free to PM and I'll do my best to help out.

Its a shame to see you selling it so soon, but good luck with the sale! :beer:

Thank you for the vouch of character and affirming that my description of the laser is accurate, grainde :) The amount posted reflects the total paid to you after going back through my paypal payments I made out for the laser. I couldn't delineate between what was freight and what was parts cost. Although, the price difference between express and standard wasn't enormous to begin with. This goes back as to why I didn't want to post prices, because as I said I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers, as it isn't difficult at all for prospective buyers to research what's fair.

Last edited:
I initially wanted to work through the best offer method. I apologize for that, I didn't know up front that it wasn't how people here preferred to do business. I'll post what I think are very fair prices for what are pretty well new condition items.

Prices (As shipped domestically within the USA, overseas shipping not included):

500mW PL532: $400 ($62 discount from $492 purchase price after 6% discount added [laser is $462 new from LaserBTB w/ discount])

Custom Kryton Groove by grainde: $200 ($20 discount off bare cost with no shipping charges added in)

Premium optics set plus extras: $175 ($46 discount from bare cost)

Eagle Pair full spectrum safety goggles: $50 for the two pairs

Last edited:

rhd

I initially wanted to work through the best offer method. I apologize for that, I didn't know up front that it wasn't how people here preferred to do business. I'll post what I think are very fair prices for what are pretty well new condition items.

Prices (does not include overseas shipping):

500mW PL532: $400

Custom Kryton Groove by grainde: $200

Premium optics set plus extras: $175

Eagle Pair full spectrum safety goggles: $50 for the two pairs

Good on you for taking the forum's feedback in stride and revising. Attractive looking build! (The Kryton). Good luck with your sale.

Good on you for taking the forum's feedback in stride and revising. Attractive looking build! (The Kryton). Good luck with your sale.

Thank you. Grainde was also kind enough to tell my via PM why the laser community is generally more suspicious of FS threads that don't come with photos right away.

If anyone wants more information or photographs of these items I have no problem supplying.