Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands green 30mW Disco Laser - Extensive Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

HIMNL9

I'm just surprised that someone (who said jayrob ?) haven't yet placed a pair of micromotors with mirrors in all that free space, turning it in a mini-spyro ..... maybe lefting also the mirror on the spring, as extra effect ..... :p :D

(just kidding ..... but only until a certain point :D ;))

I had a question and now i can't remember it...

Oh well...

A different question. How big is it?

Perfect in size -45X120 mm-look at the link and read more there.--I MAY be getting these to resell- shipped USA (free) in 3 or 4 days delivery for 30$ each- cheaper from china- but no way quicker.

D

Deleted member 8382

I already said on my Review that when I opened it I first thought about the great DIY potential in this :D

worth repeating;;;The tunnel effect in dense fog/smoke is impressive and with the star cap set to least number and therefore brightest spots it makes great beams. way more fun than just a pointer!!!--

flickr-2528386634-image.jpg

Nice review man!

flickr-2528386634-image.jpg

Nice review man!
Thank you-niko -- Oh you didn't mean me??-sorry -I did help tho--not meaning to threadjack-from Albert--I WILL be adding videos on this soon---but I must warn you-- you may not be able to resist getting one!!! IMHO--HZ

ser

I got this laser (30mw) + 4 different star caps yesterday from rayfoss. Since it's my first green laser, I was quite disappointed, it looked only a little brighter than my old red pointer (the toy ones, probably less than 5 mw). I thought that I either got a really underpowered one, or green lasers were over-advertised. But then, half an hour ago, I changed batteries, and freaked out at the visible beam :D Should invest in some GP Recykos...

It's quite powerful. Now I can light a room in a building under construction a few hundred meters away. And the dots are very visible through the star caps on the grass below (I'm on fifth floor).

I'd post some pics, but the camera is very bad in night time mode. I could video all the star caps effects, though, if anyone is interested.

P.S. mine has a very cheap button. Laser power kept changing when turned on (depending on how much and where I press my finger). Putting a piece of thick paper under the button cap fixed it, though not completely (power is still not constant, keeps getting somewhat brighter/dimmer all the time). Could be due to other causes like temperature change or bad batteries, though.

I have put 10,440 a lithium battery and is much more constant.
The beam is brightest and the power increases by 15% or 20% more.

D

Deleted member 8382

I have put 10,440 a lithium battery and is much more constant.
The beam is brightest and the power increases by 15% or 20% more.
You're overpowering the driver, I hope you know the risks of doing so...

Bueno Alvert por el precio que sale , vale la pena correr el riesgo.
He puesto la pila de litio . En el otro hueco un trozo de lapiz con cable ( como coductor ).
No probar una pila de litio y una alcalina gastada. Lo he probado y empieza ha salir humo.
Seguramente la vida del diodo será menor, o no si se le deja descansar cada 30 segundos.
La pila de litio cargada entrega 4,20 voltios. en lugar de 3 v. y se nota la buena descarga.
Como ocurre con mi Rayfoss flx 200 mw ( bateria de litio) conforme se gasta la pila no se nota una perdida de brillo drástica.
Muy recomendable con las precauciones de éste tipo de pilas.
Saludos.
Well Alvert so the price goes, it's worth the risk.
I put the lithium battery. At the other hole a piece of pencil with cable (as coductor).
No test a lithium battery and an alkaline spent. I have tried has come out and start smoking.
Surely the life of the diode will be less, or not if left to rest every 30 seconds.
The lithium battery charged delivery 4.20 v. instead of 3 v. and it shows the good downloads.
As with my Rayfoss flx 200 mw (lithium battery) as the battery is spent does not see a drastic loss of brightness.
Highly recommended precautions with this type of batteries.:)
Greetings.

Last edited: