Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow Rigel 6.

IsaacT

That's a pretty good price for a 6mW unit. I bet it is a ton brighter than my old 1mW 594 I had. And the 1mW can be obtained from CNI for 330 dollars.

norbyx

Well on the CNI group buy I made the 593.5 at 10mw was $390 plus expenses (so it would have been arround $500 in your hands. That is not bad considering that laserglow sells the rigel 6 at $499 plus shipping, but for what I paied there was nothing out there that could compare... I think it was a pretty good deal...

Hi Norbyx,
A tip: when you are shooting two or more lasers with a big difference in mw (especially when one is yellow)you can use the same exposure with your camera, preferrably a long exposure, but block the beam of the stronger laser, with something opaque, after a fraction of the exposure, and the exposure of the two beams will look uniform. If you check out some of the pics I have taken with my 593.5 6mw Rigel 6 and 589 5mw Spartan in conjunction with other colors and more powerful lasers I use to photograph, you can see a nice balance in color between the different colors. Just experiment. The best of luck with your Rigel 6!

norbyx

Thanks Bruce, any advice from you is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Will try it as soon as I can. In this case in the picture with the 3 lasers it was done by closing the aperture of the stronger 589 laser so that it actually looked the same as the others. The red is a 7mw and so it has the same power as the 594.

I dream of getting a 589nm of 80 mw or higher, yours at 120mw is incredible! Maybe next CNI Group Buy I will do it. Again the best of luck with your yellows

Congrats on your Rigel... the close-out post wasn't too long ago iirc, so you received it fairly quickly... that rocks. It looks great!

Thanks for posting up some coparisons too... awesome looking wavelength.

Grats again,
Clayton

That unit has some AWESOME divergence. I can tell just from the photos. god, i want so bad, SO BAD. If i get one, i can guarantee it will be up in the BST section in a week or so. haha.

Yeah sum frequency generation is hard, and it's truly impressive that they can get it into such a small host, let alone having it so stable and with good divergence. It says leaps and bounds about the quality, and that you get what you pay for. That and it's backed by incredible customer service and warranty, which just adds a few cherries on top of the already sweet pie. I actually used to use a few of their lab models a while back, and it won me over to be a steady customer. I am continuously impressed by them.

norbyx

Well it is actually a very nice object, probably not going to sell anytime soon. But I was checking the clearance listings and there is still one up there for sale, a bit unstable but at even a lower price.

When I get tired of lasers you will see a nice post in the BST section for sure.

I got mine back when they were on sale, and with a coupon. Got it for $349, and got my last name engraved on it.

I love the 594, especially when there's smoke, plus yellow lasers blow minds.

Last edited:

norbyx

Well done, I assume that since you have your name and all it will be a definitive keeper...

It will be, got it as a Christmas present for my self. I had some money saved for my trip back home that went unspent, so I figured it was high time to finally get a yellow laser. Plus I'd never sell it, it's a prized piece of my collection.

I was wondering that too, Raffle, all the comparison shots are with <10mW of 594 to >30mW 589.. If we can get a filter for the 589 to bring it down to average 594 outputs, we could get some decent comparison shots.

Can you tune down the III-C? I'm lost here..

norbyx

Who says the 589 wasn't tuned down? Please go read the pictures descriptions and you will see that they were both more or less at the same output. The color difference isn't all that much but is there.

Hello All,
I went thru my old photos and here are a few pics of a 589nm 5mw Dragonlasers Spartan and a Laserglow Rigel 6 593.5. There is definitely a difference. The 593.5 is more orange and the 589 is nore yellow

Cool beamshots, believe we have a sticky on this. I also note that the 593.5/594s tend to have a wider beam diameter than the 589s and are more unstable without power management of sorts. Manufacturing process thing probably? Can definitely see more orange in the 593.5, more of an amberthan a true golden yellow like the 589.