Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow Hercules 650

DJNY

Dustin, at LG pics or not, at least I´m happy he did this review (I asked him for doing it). It´s very systematically, pointing out the important advantages of this beast. Of course the price is high, but LG service and know-how is outstanding.

Dustin, at LG pics or not, at least I´m happy he did this review (I asked him for doing it). It´s very systematically, pointing out the important advantages of this beast. Of course the price is high, but LG service and know-how is outstanding.

Lol not enough to make them worth the cost. They actually cost about $400 to build, so...... the 650 should be priced at a MAX of $1,800 or so. These beasts are not 100% duty cycle either sadly, their cooling works well but not that well. I love mine simply because its a cool laser, I will probably never get rid of it cause I know I can't replace it if I did :na:

-Dustin

DJNY

Smeerworst, what was the longest time you had this beast ON?

Can you confirm this statement here?

I can't speak for other vendors but at Laserglow, when we get a new product, we put it on a power meter and a DC power supply and run it until it fails. (Imagine our surprise when the Polaris-1000 just kept going, and going, and going... for hours.) To earn a "100% duty cycle" at Laserglow, a laser has to keep running without losing power for several hours. Lasers listed with 60-90 sec duty cycles (for example) showed power loss or instability around this time, indicating that the laser is not in thermal equilibrium.

Im testing it right now for 40 min...

It's 23:24 hours now here .... Gone LPM it when time is 00:00 hours.

it's on Power suply.

Last edited:
Well so far so good.

Nice projected stable green sparkles all over the wall here ^^

ANother 15 min to go..

dynamike-hercu20111.jpg

Last edited:
Lol not enough to make them worth the cost. They actually cost about $400 to build, so...... the 650 should be priced at a MAX of $1,800 or so. These beasts are not 100% duty cycle either sadly, their cooling works well but not that well. I love mine simply because its a cool laser, I will probably never get rid of it cause I know I can't replace it if I did :na:

-Dustin

Well.....

i had it running for 40 min now, and no red light showing up.
The fan inside this laser does it's job....

My LPM showed 656 / 660 mW after 40 min.

No strange things noticed, like i said stable green sparkles all over the walls.

Heatsink does get warm, but not hot to the touch, so it's doing it's job.
You can hold it against your face without burning yourself.

Greetings.

Last edited:
A beaut like that? She would dump ANY human for something sexier, and your FEELINGS would be burnt :p

Oddly enough I ran mine for 40 mins to test it once and had the exact same results, I would be afraid to do much more ;) I did see power drop, only about 70 of that was from heat in my case... the rest being battery drain :( these things eat 18650s / Ds like nothing else haha

-D

Last edited:
Oddly enough I ran mine for 40 mins to test it once and had the exact same results, I would be afraid to do much more ;) I did see power drop, only about 70 of that was from heat in my case... the rest being battery drain :( these things eat 18650s / Ds like nothing else haha

-D

Interesting
Techlasers claim that the Titan series is manufactured by Shanghai Mojian Ltd.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080105054903/http://www.techlasers.com/pricecompare.html

45622637.jpg

Before they went out of business, I asked them for more info about that Shanghai Mojian Ltd.
All I've got from them is they still have a few titans in stock that will let them go for huge discounted price, and nothing about Shanghai Mojian.

BTW You've got a piece of art there Smeerworst +1 :beer:

Last edited:
Thnx all for those kind words on my first review here.

I took some more pictures of the laser myself, and placed them in first post.

Greetings,

Smeerworst.

Update again*

Last edited: