Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow 593.4nm 250$ OBO eBay.

Here's an eBay listing if anyone is interested in a laserglow Vega 593.4

Seller says it needs the tailcap repaired. Looks like it might have a bit of dirt on the lens too.

Either way 250$ for an 800$ Laserglow laser is good especially if all it needs is a simple tail cap repair.

Wicked Lasers | eBay

Blord

And what is the catch ? Why doesn't he make the $10 repair and sell it for much more ?

Thanks Blord!

I've submitted an offer on the laser. Even if the laser is DOA. If you look at his feedback history it seems like he works with his buyers. Though it does make me a little worried that he does sell a lot of laser related items.

Blord

That means he know the true value of this laser. And selling it at $250 make it suspicious.

The only problem I could see making this not worth the money is if there is a problem with the pump or crystals. If its a wiring problem or a problem with the host I'm sure it could be fixed with little to no work.

OMFG! this is the guy who was selling the "direct green" diodes that everyone on the ebay thread talked about and it pretty much ruined the thread... he "sold" this same laser, same pics and everything about a month and a half ago.
BEWARE THE SCAMMER

Last edited:

Trevor

Did you read the description?

Its is from Laserglow! VERY HIGH QUALITY BEST THERE IS.This is a $700+ yellow laser pointer I'm selling EXTREMELY CHEAP brand new because it needs a new tail cap plug(the little white plug on the end of the laser they use a security measure so friends can't use it). You can get one for about $10 on laserglow website. 100% + feedback! Needs to sell fast!!!

This sounds too good to be true.

It is.

Trevor

lol, I actually bought that laser for $300 on Oct 16 and returned it last week. When I received it I charged the batteries and tested it; did not work. I had to file a claim through paypal and just received my money back yesterday. The laser did not work 90% of the time, and when it did work there was only a faint yellow dot visible that could barely be seen in complete darkness. The dude shipped it in a box with only a couple of crumpled up newspapers (no protection). Even if it did work when he shipped it, it was banged around in the box all the way to my house. He had a 7 day guarantee on his listing, and when I contacted him to return it he told me I needed to either go through USPS to get the insurance, or contact laserglow for a replacement. I finally had to submit a claim through paypal; they ruled in my favor, and I got my money back yesterday.

Now I get an this email today:
Ya I received the item yesterday and it seems you were the one that has broken it. The key switch turns freely therefore that's the problem, you broke it, so I have contacted PayPal and they are going to send me my money back, thank you.

Do not buy from this guy!!! He will send you the broken laser and claim you broke it. I wonder why the same laser is listed again on eBay if, as he said I broke it. This is why I hate buying on eBay sometimes!

I've been talking to him about the laser. I managed to get him to bypass the switch. He said it works like it never did before.

He so closed the listing and reopened another one only to counter offer me a 100$ more because he says the laser works better after he bypassed the cap.

Are you sure it wasn't a faulty tail cap? I'd trust you guys over some eBay seller any day.

At first I thought it may be a faulty tail-cap, and it may still very well be. When I did get power, there was not even a dot; there was a very dim blob with a loose halo. If it were any other seller, I would say go for it. To me, this guy is very untrustworthy. If you think you can get it to work properly and don't mind risking a few hundred bucks, then it might be worth it. I just hate to see someone else go through what I went through. Just be cautious with this guy.

Thank you very much Travis for the very valuable information. I'm sure everyone else is too.

Any time my friend! I have been wanting a yellow to add to my collection for some time now; it would have been a nice addition. I'm hoping in the coming years we'll see the price go down a bit. Nonetheless, good luck man.

Blord

Good to know this background information. I was very interested in the yellow laser but I am happy that I didn't took it.