Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser66

Encap

Actually a little concerned now. Have not talked to will in a bit but figured shoot him a heads up to head over and reply but got this.
It is strange.

-------------------
Recipient inbox full
Your message couldn't be delivered to will@laser66.com. Their inbox is full, or it's getting too much mail right now.
LEARN MORE
Warning This link will take you to a third-party site
The response was:

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation Quota exceeded. For explanation visit https://help.1and1.com/smtp-error-messages?ip=209.85.214.50&c=quot
-------------------

Never terribly active over here but been about a year since logging in here.
https://laserpointerforums.com/members/laser66/
I will dig up his number and try to get hold of him tomorrow.

You can always make a telephone call to him---he is there just very busy at times, however, he will answer the telephone.
If it is important enough to someone to make a phone call it is important enough for him to pick up , so it seems from my experience anyway.
Unless he is on vacation then...

@ Apocalypse

I'm curious what current you set your driver at? In a pen with no heat sink, it should be under 200 mA as the pen will heat up if you set it at 275 mA or more. You want to keep the wavelength stable.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
He should update his Website page..
When I don't know the seller and I see...

[SIZE=-1]Page last modified: 19 September, 2014

on their website I try to stay clear...

Jerry[/SIZE]

I just looked at Wills (Laser66) personal page, and found a >Laser66< site link for LPF members only, I don't know of any specific differences from the regular site, but I thought I'd share. :yh:

BTW, it was updated a little more recently than the full site; last updated on 1/6/16, but still quite a while ago.

Last edited:

Encap

Good/nice link BowtieGuy--has everything/anything any LPF member could/would want or need from Laser66/him, Creative Technology Lasers, Walnut Creek, California

Laser66 has always been the guy to go to for good quality low cost pen hosts and parts.

That the LPF members page says "This page last modified 6 January, 2016" is a good --means prices and products have not changed. It is just a labor of love that he offer's that stuff for people interested in what he offers. No way possible for a human being to live on sales from that page.
He is always very busy with his 2 "other" businesses but nevertheless Will has always been an honest and trustworthy source albeit slow to respond and ship sometimes. Nobody has to worry about getting "ripped off" by Will---that is not a dance he does/has ever done.

Last edited:
@ Apocalypse

I'm curious what current you set your driver at? In a pen with no heat sink, it should be under 200 mA as the pen will heat up if you set it at 275 mA or more. You want to keep the wavelength stable.

I think the output of this pen is around 50mW or so. I set the current at 100mA so there's not much heat at all when it is on.

I'm not too worried about the power, just love this wavelength.

Hi all,

After seing this thread I decided to order some stuff also, I sent payment on the 6/9 And also sent an email to Will just to make sure he got my payment since I used a credit card instead of the usual PayPal, but have not herd anything,

If someone does hear from him or speaks to him can they please ask about the order from Sydney. It would be nice to know if payment was received or if the order has shipped.

Thanks guys!

Hi BBB
He will get around to the orders just takes time . I also ordered some pens from him want to powder coat some in WL colors. I can wait he’s a good guy and comes through.

Rich:)

OP
Best way I have found to always get pics that fit... use the smallest size on your camera setting. sometimes called TV size- 600x400 or close to that.
The sys rejects every pic I try that is big,, how did you do that?? MS had to go and mess w/whats not broke-- older Win had in right click-- an option they choose NOT to keep- 'resize' very easy--
@Will-- he has always taken good care of me.. best wishes hak

Hi,
glad to see you received them 66 is a great company and these pens are awesome .

Rich:)

Can you believe he doesn’t ship international anymore, I got a message and refund from him a day ago, That’s not good!