Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Toasted Marshmallow (om nom nom)

I got more bridge rectifiers today and ran the laser at 50 amps for this video - enjoy :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rua0eg-7Vpc&feature=channel_page[/media]

By "toasted", you mean "unevenly charred to a crisp", right?

That was awesome!

And did you say 50 AMPS?! What laser are you running that can take 50 amps, a CO2 laser?!

-Mark

JLSE

Thats a nice change in smell over the classic roll of electrical tape :eek:

rocketparrotlet said:
By "toasted", you mean "unevenly charred to a crisp", right?

That was awesome!  

And did you say 50 AMPS?!  What laser are you running that can take 50 amps, a CO2 laser?!

-Mark

what you haven't seen my 60W 808nm thread? look down the page here in multimedia =P

I've eaten one of those before! 10.6µm seems to facilitate toasting more effectively. No, the color of the marshmallow has nothing to do with it.

game-genie said:
Yummy!
I will try that when i get my next laser =]

Will your next laser be 10W or more? You'll be there quite literally all day if it's not class 4.

Cyparagon said:
I've eaten one of those before! 10.6µm seems to facilitate toasting more effectively. No, the color of the marshmallow has nothing to do with it.

[quote author=game-genie link=1229840023/0#6 date=1229869958]Yummy!
I will try that when i get my next laser =]

Will your next laser be 10W or more? You'll be there quite literally all day if it's not class 4.[/quote]

Yeah, CO2 lasers burn just about anything because of the long wavelength - I had to "sharpie" the marshmallow with blue food dye so it would absorb enough light to start burning :p

Ref said:
Am I the only person that sees no video? :-/

It's an embedded youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rua0eg-7Vpc

I'm guessing it's not yet outputting the full 60W? Seems like at that power it would be able to torch anything - white or not! Does it do anything to white paper w/o putting a marker on it?

Things

He said it was only running @ about 50A or so, I believe this diode can handle 90A or so :)

Things

If you were in laserchat yesterday, you would know what he was talking about :p