Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser to deter security camera!

Matrix

Re: Laser to deter neighbors security camera!

arctic probably could do the job but you can get a laser at the same output for cheaper. Blord is selling 2.2w lasers for 210$ that might do the job but then again im not 100% sure

Thank you much! I seen spider 3 arctic laser? . What about that!

I would suggest you not use a Laser >1mW if you are going
to shine it in the direction of someone else.

Thx so much for your reply! How can I get an IR panel. I retired from Semiconductors and used to supply LEDs etc.

You can easily EDIT or ADD to your posts by using the [Edit]
button at the bottom of all your posts.
No need to Double Post when it is not necessary..

Read the above posts and you will see 2 links that show you
some IR transmitters...

Like it's been posted, install a bunch of IR lights so it blinds the camera! Or simply go from behind and do what you have to do to protect your kid. As long as there's no proof, nothing can be done to you by law.

BAD advise... you never know who is waiting for you "behind"
or with what....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

jArdi

That's what my wife says. But even a coward can loose it against a 5 yr old. So I take even a sissy remark serious. I

That's what I need. Thx much gonna
Let you know what happens.

Does color matter?.?

He is only a renter. He has had several problems with people here before. But as far as moving because some dope, that just sounds like running to me. I live a nice quiet life and all my neighbors love me already.

What kind of laser is that. Where is the better place to purchase?

You can easily EDIT or ADD to your posts by using the [Edit]
button at the bottom of all your posts.
No need to Double Post when it is not necessary..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyway....

.Hes got a camera...that should be enough proof. Keep it legal and dont do anything illegal..keep yourself innocent and dont make him the victim.

i dont think color should matter intensely, but different colors will have different effects. I would use a <1mw IR laser because if its aimed directly at the camera, his screen should just turn white and he wont see anything. and when he goes out to check it, he wont see anything - even if he puts his eye in the beam it will take a second or two before any damage is done.

my previous comment had an amazon link to two small panels, however idk how bright/effective it will be.

Also, simply googling IR Led Panel had some nice results which may work. How much are you willing to spend on one?

Last edited:

The best revenge is living well. As long as he's not truly a threat to your family, spend your time on things more worth while :)

Last edited:

jArdi

I am ready to drop 299 for the spyder arctic 3 but need to get one hard wired for continued transmission. Battery life is too short. I think that if it burns it out, as long as these threads aren't available, Ill be ok...lol

Dont use the arctic...it wont last for the time you need (not just battery, but diode life as well) and can do major eye damage if he looks into the beam...which he might be able to sue for - this can/will be BAD
seriously, an IR panel is your SAFEST bet.

I am ready to drop 299 for the spyder arctic 3 but need to get one hard wired for continued transmission. Battery life is too short. I think that if it burns it out, as long as these threads aren't available, Ill be ok...lol

Their are much better / cheaper lasers then the Spyder artic 3.

Last edited:

Matrix

if you havent tried this walk up to his house tell him i dont want the camera facing my house and if that doesnt work threaten to take legal action.

jArdi

if you havent tried this walk up to his house tell him i dont want the camera facing my house and if that doesnt work threaten to take legal action.

It isn't illegal. Anything held to the public/that you can see from a public vantage point can be recorded by anybody. its not illegal to stand in your house and look through somebody elses window - nor is it to record. A helicopter can go around with a camera looking down at neighborhoods and there is nothing illegal about that - its public. There is no invasion of privacy, or anything.

EDIT:
forgot to mention, my neighbor across the street from me has his house set up in a way that i can see straight to where he is sitting & watching tv at night. if i take a picture and post it, there wont be anything illegal about that either.....

Last edited:

Ok, thx. Yeah I don't want to get violent or hurt him or anyone else for that matter.If I can't find a laser that will not hurt anyone I'll look into something else.I googled blord, but got nothing. Sounds like I'll just deal with it. There is really nothing else to do. Thx again!I rally appreciate your knowlege.

Can you tell me or set links for the better and cheaper lasers than the spyder ? That's really what I need to know, what is the most effective way to spend on high power laser.

Ok, thx. Yeah I don't want to get violent or hurt him or anyone else for that matter.If I can't find a laser that will not hurt anyone I'll look into something else.I googled blord, but got nothing. Sounds like I'll just deal with it. There is really nothing else to do. Thx again!I rally appreciate your knowlege.

Doing nothing is probably the best bet. If they already took action against you, then dont do anything.
Mount cameras on your house. That will be even better, have more purposes and serve to protect your family. After all, his cameras could be very, very fake as well.

Personally, if it were me, id have someone paid to destroy the camera from a distance with a pellet gun and then have an alibi say i was somewhere when it happened. Ive done this to a kids car when he was threatening me, I had kids DESTROY his car and nothing has happened since. that was 2 years ago.

But that's just me.

Best of luck. And remember, be smart and think things through months before-hand.

EDIT: DUDE YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO EDIT YOUR POSTS INSTEAD OF DOUBLE, TRIPLE, QUADRUPLE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thx. I'm with you on this. The cops are on my side as well. They know there is something wrong with him. They were actually standing and laughing at him with me. I had them laughing pretty hard. They don't care too much for the NY gangster here in FL...lol I do want to know more about comparable lasers to the spyder . If you can help with that.

Ill only help you if you explain to me how you edit your own posts.
Double, triple posting is very, very frowned upon here.

LOL, I'm so sorry. I'll delete them. I just click reply in the bottom of the frame i guess to call it. Except this post i followed a link from my emails. Then click submit. on this one i clicked post quick reply.

Look at the bottom right of ^ post. See the edit feature?