Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser light is literally making us sick!!!

He didn't really tell us anything about the hardware so it's hard to judge... As far as that picture goes the brick has holes in it so it won't do a lick of good if your eyes line up with the holes...

I think I know why you are experiencing this...

maybe it's the flickering of certain frequencies if the laser output is pulsed? :thinking: just saying :D

cuz i have this 3 mode flashlight and the Strobe is really making my GF sick at an instant ... i get it too but when i am walking in the dark and I am in strobe mode and trying to keep track of the road... after some time you start feeling like you are drunk.. the whole movement becomes unreal and choppy :D can't really explain it but I think this is the main reason ...

also I remember a certain pac man version of a game when I was very little... man that game was something that really made me sick when the screen was moving left or right to reveal the other side of the level... man that really made me vomit... maybe it was the monitor's refresh rate 50hz the flickering was terrible ... :crackup:

He didn't really tell us anything about the hardware so it's hard to judge... As far as that picture goes the brick has holes in it so it won't do a lick of good if your eyes line up with the holes...

If your eyes line up with those holes, you have bigger issues that being nauseous from laser light:can::p

If your eyes line up with those holes, you have bigger issues that being nauseous from laser light:can::p

Only one has to line up really...

EDIT:
Also
600full-the-goonies-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Stare at it for a while and see if it causes a seizure. Self diagnosis is always fun.

TuhOz

That would defeat the whole purpose of a light show, not to mention that a projector is many different wavelengths.

Is that just the magical answer to everything now? wear safety goggles?

Well... I didnt read the question so well... I was busy.
I didnt realize he was using a projector, I thought he used handheld laser..
My bad :eek:

^^^Just proves my point. If you look like that guy, you have bigger problems than lasers making you nauseous.

Rails .. thread .. put it back on them ..
tumblr_lcbyq0o1nK1qz7x5xo1_500.jpg

Do it yourself!

Just kidding :D

TuhOz, as I said, don't take it personal, we just like having some fun around here, and sometimes soembody to make fun of (in a good way, if you can take a joke).

Re-reading my reply to you, it was a bit too harsh. I apologise for that.

Now, as somebody mentioned, there is just a tiny chance you might be susceptable to epileptic seisures. See doctor ASAP.

Yay thanks for the great info guys. I think it's a mixture of some kind of weird motion sickness and too low of a "refresh rate". IT's happening to all three of us so it's not epilepsy or something odd medical problem. Does anyone think it might have something to do with some kind of weird radiation being produced by the device? Lasers don't emit radiation somehow do they? I know it's dumb question but my friend wanted me to ask the forum just in case.

Seems like you got it yourself.
So the Dr. House comment actually applied !
I was thinking that it would be to do with a refresh rate kind of thing too.
The projector is trying to do more than it actually can properly. Also known as "flicker" or a whole host of other terms.
If you could you should dial down the size of the display with a software mod, but I don't think that is an option for you 3 guys.

But enough of your problems...BEAMSHOTS.
Give us a few simple pics of your application, if you would please.
Always like seeing any lasers in operation.
:beer:

Um, no to the radiation thing. Just no.

Maybe try some motion sickness pills. They're available pretty much anywhere. Keep to the recommended dosage. Ask your parents if you're underage.

I don't know what might be done about the refresh rate aspect. I know it can be a real problem (as does anyone who has gotten a headache from a flickering florescent light.)

No, lasers do not emit any radiation beside the already-visible one.

It's a *somewhat* common misconcepton that lasers emit some sort of dark magic harmful "radiation". To be fair, whoever chose to call the light coming out of the laser "Class XYZ radiation" and put it on warning labels visible to end users, should be punched in the face.

Light is electromagnetic radiation in a narrow spectrum that we see, but most people do not know that. What most people do know is that radiation=bad. Hence, misconception.

Long story short, nope, you're not in any danger. Would you care to tell us exactly what is this laser projector you are using, and where did you get it?

Induce vomiting before working on your laser projector. Then you've got nothing to worry about when you become nauseated from working on it. :D