Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Hobby Mental Health Assessment

Select the Catagory Cooresponding to Your Test Score

• Total voters

IsaacT

I got a 26. My girlfriend told me to pump the breaks when I asked her which 500 dollar laser purxhase I should get. I am constantly updating bst section, I think about laser parts and potential builds and my desk is covered with organized parts. I spend far more on lasers per week than food. In fact, I usually only eat 1 meal per day.

I am unhealthily addicted to lasers. The coherency is overtaking my soul.

.......but I. Don't. Care. :D

Last edited:

Scored 18, I'm afraid I'm guilty of setting up a different PayPal account and PO box so my parents don't know when I buy and receive lasers in the mail box :) according to Madmacmo thats normal :p

Last edited:
BloomPyle said:
I saw my score, and felt fine, then realized I more than double everyone's but IE. Where is my life going...

Wait a minute Issac is Ok. Bloom!!! We need to get you an hene IV :) and multiple wavelength photonic treatments. It may be a lost cause :(

~ LB

IsaacT

I bought 21 diodes on an impulse buy... I have those diodes :) though I will likely sell them.

I bought 3 hosts and heatsinks, 10 diodes, several drivers, and 25 blanks PCBs, extra batteries, and started another custom laser project just because they were deals, or I was bored.

Honestly, I've always got ideas flowing, I have a notebook at work titled "Photonic Scribings" that I take notes in for builds ideas, and cost of parts. I'm constantly checking my civilian email for emails from Will, Sam, or CNI.

When I wake up to do my business in the middle of the night, I check my PMs and threads. My work station is always cluttered with wire bits, lenses, and modules.

Not a day goes by that I don't do something laser related. Whether it's building, or buying to build, or planning a project with a client.

This is an addiction, but I love it.

Last edited:
I don't want the hassles of setting up a website, and keeping stock. I don't want to go big and sell parts, I just like to do custom builds. I jump on EVERY opportunity to do one when I see it mentioned that someone is looking for something. I'll put something in my sig!.
Hoping that my name gets out there a little more and people start coming in!

About your lasers, once drivers are in, you should see them in the mail within a day or so. They are however coming from Belgium...

Last edited:
No rush Bloom, you are a dedicated Laserist in the extreme :D I know I'll be happy ;) Big thanks for working with me Sir :beer:

Got some nice designs I'll send you soon ;)

~ LB

No problems! I've wanted to build these, but never got around to it.

Sometimes I find something that I want to do myself in the builds someone else has me make. This gives me an idea of the real time costs, and effort that will be needed. It also keeps the hands busy and makes sure that I've always got something to do!

Will keep you in the loop for sure ;)

Thanks! Can't wait to see them! Not sure how we will implement, but all in due time :beer:

I saw my score, and felt fine, then realized I more than double everyone's but IE. Where is my life going...

I just took the assessment again... I'm now at 13.

I think my addiction to flashlights has overtaken my addiction to lasers... at least for now... 7 flashlights en route :tinfoil:

You though, you need some serious laser detox asap :shhh: :na:

A couple diodes, drivers, and hosts might help...No? Well we could try..never know until you try...anyone? ... I'll take any and all laser parts to try to kick this...habit...

I really want to change! Trust me!

rehabisfor.png

:crackup:

~ LB