Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser dump for sale

LASER BEAM DUMP / BLOCK FOR SALE

Point your powerful laser to a safe spot! Enjoy the view of the beam without diffuse reflex and worries!

MODEL 1 cheap dumper *SOLDOUT*

5427826430_ec43a99d3f_b_d.jpg

5418294272_d8be9597be_b_d.jpg

specs: cast iron tube, black soldered to black stone shield, matte barbecue paint finished, 5 inches. duty cycle max 10W x 2 minutes.
(beam will not touch the bbq paint, the beam reach the stone shield and the bbq paint get just the reflex, the heat is diffused along the body of the cast iron tube through the shield)

Model 2 standard dumper

5427221153_7ffdab8f5e_b_d.jpg

5418294712_79402eb370_b_d.jpg

specs: anodized aluminium tube, black stone dust + hot metal shield, matte barbecue paint finished, 6 inches, duty cycle 10w continuos, max 20/30w x 5 minutes stop. $50 paypal + shipping charges (anywhere in the world, ask for quotation)
(beam do not touch the bbq paint, beam reach the shield and the bbq paint get just the reflex, the heat is diffused along the body of the aluminium tube through the shield)

Model 3 Captain America *SOLDOUT*

specs: plastic action figure, shielded with 400 anodized platinum blades, boxed into anodized aluminum condainer, soldered to copper shield, barbecue paint finished. 10w max. continuos.

5416561244_527c8c71da_z_d.jpg

5416560344_d4b9879c8b_z_d.jpg

All the laser dumpers are hand crafted, heavily tested with several lab and handheld lasers, to absorbe 99% of the emission, and made the beam extremely visible.
They will be shipped into a safe box. note: all dumpers can stand heavy laser shots and long heat duty cycles but are delicate in costruction, so if they
fall down or get hit, the materials can easily be damaged, expecially the black stone of the model 1 dumper, that even if can stand high temperatures, can be break easily like glass. And Captain America,
that is made of several delicate parts solded togheter, concepted for standing high temperature from lasers, but not to fall down to ground!

Is possible to verify the quality of this dumpers, checking that WHOLE surface of the tube, gets warm, during the test with high powered lasers, so the heat is properly diffused along all the surface, and non concentred only on the shield part of the tube.

Note: The dumpers may look expensive, but just note that the hot metal formula combined to black dust, costs me $30 for a 1 inch tube that is barely enough for 2 alu dumpers,
and for Capt America, $50 is just what i spend for a kit of 400 blades! So i sell it just as reimburse of the experiment.

Cycles above 10 minutes, are not recommended with high power laser
(even, for the health of laser diodes, than for the health of laser dump)

I just have one unit of each for sale.

Thanks for watching.

NOTE: The stand tripod where the laser and the dumpes are locked, is not included with the package.

VIDEO

Spartan Laser 1W dumped - duty cycle (55mb video / 640 x 480 res)

Intense close-up cycle with 400mw green + match lit

Last edited:

it's a beam terminator....
it's meant to provide a safe place for the dot of your laser to rest, instead of burning a hole in your wall or through your television.

daguin

Last edited:

Helios

I understand what it does and what it is for.... nevermind

daguin

I understand what it does and what it is for.... nevermind

Ahhhhh. An edited post. I had to read the quotes to figure this out. Sorry Helios.

Oh well. The info is good for others ;)

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

Cause it can be helpful, at hobby level, this is my personal beamdump design (i had to plan something different, when i needed one, cause i don't have a lathe ..... BTW, this is released under creative common, open-source licenses, free for personal use, not for companies, or whatever it's called that thing :p)

First take a piece of aluminium rod and cut it diagonally with an angle around 10 degrees or similar, then cut away also a small piece from the back side, so you will end with a shape like in the first draw, and "scratch raw" the surfaces that are exposed to the beam (do it in the sense of the lenght, NOT in the sense of the height, so this reduce the back reflections too)

attachment.php

Then take a tube of aluminium a bit more long, with the same internal diameter of the rod, and push the dispersor part inside, approximatively at the middle (left a cavity at the back), close the back part with a disk of aluminium "raw scratched" at the inside part, and if you want to improve it a little bit, also place a "washer style" border at the front.

attachment.php

Ofcourse, all the inside must be painted matte black, better if with "high temperature paint for exhaust tubes or barbecues", or also better, if possible, all the parts can be anodized matte black.

This must not be too difficult to build also for peoples without a lathe or machines (the one that Dave posted is more professional, but you need a lathe, if you want to build one ..... this one, a hacksaw and a bit of work, you may build it also without machines)

EDIT: error on the second draw, the lenght of the tube is, ofcourse, 14 /15 cm, not mm :p :D

Attachments

• beamdump01.jpg
    beamdump01.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,612
  • beamdump02.jpg
    beamdump02.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,988
Last edited:
I dont get it

I read you full message complaining about price.

The aluminium that you talk about, does not use a plain black stone, like the (very) cheap model, they use as a shield ad industrial material that is used for sealing car exhaust professionally, combined with black stone dust.

This preparation just cost $30 for a few drops of it.

But also 5mm/7inches thick aluminiom tubes are expensive, at least here, the thermal expoxy guaranteed for 300celsius, costs, and the barbecue paint too.

So, i made this dump for experiment, and non sellin them to "earn", just try to get a reimburse, as long as i just need ONE for my personal stuff, do not need 4. I just made many seeking the most efficient one, and at the end, all of them came efficient due to the quality of materials and care of the crafting.

(i just, concentred myself to the functionality, than, to aesthetics.)

Beside this... if you check price of laser dump, around internet, most of them cost 10 times of this.

Last edited:
Beside this... if you check price of laser dump, around internet, most of them cost 10 times of this.

Probably because they are more than $.75 black pipe sections from home depot spray painted with grill paint.
Have you tested these with 10W @ 2 Min?
I will give you credit on the captain america one though, pretty clever.

Probably because they are more than $.75 black pipe sections from home depot spray painted with grill paint.
Have you tested these with 10W @ 2 Min?
I will give you credit on the captain america one though, pretty clever.

None of both parts that you underlined takes the direct laser beam, they just take the diffuse light back.

The EXPENSIVE part, that is a legue of blackstone and cast iron, designed for high temperature that i requested from an industry right here, is exacly the expensive part for the aluminium tube. exacly is that sort of amorphous shape ie end of the tube, shown it the picture. It is guaranteed to stand 800 celsius.

The cheap one, does not have this material. it has just black stone..and cast iron, finished with bbq paint. but infact, it is CHEAP.

Yes, tested on lab laser for 60 seconds, and turned off when got HOT.

Probably i could design a model for laser lab, the league + aluminium would be ok, but definitively a cooling fan system would be needed,
also a different design to collapse so high wattage of diffuse light.

Long duties on all handheld lasers anway, this models are designed and safe for high power PORTABLE LASER POINTERS. Like Spartan, Hulk, Arctic and this class.

You want a professional dump for a 30w lab laser, then you need to spend $1000 on a professional dump.

Last edited:
I think you can improve you specs, a 90% absorbtion is very low, a flat black surface can do that. Professional beam dumps can have a 99.99% absorbtion. I think yours does much better than 90%, probably above 99%