Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groove

Kenom

Re: Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groov

Ok I finally got the anodizer on the phone today and got some straight up answers. They must recognize my phone number on the caller ID and don't answer when I call them. Here is a general recap of what I was told today.

The remaining custom anodized barrels are all done. They will be shipped to me today or tomorrow and I should recieve them within a few days. The remaining clear and black anodized barrels will be done monday or tuesday and from there shipped directly to me so it looks like hopefully the end of next week.

This has been running for a long time and I think for future orders the custom anodized barrels will be done last so that the majority of the basic anodized, which tend to be the majority of orders, can be done first. my sincere apologies to the long time that this has taken to reach culmination.

The instant that the last barrel has been shipped out to it's customer, I will start the next run of barrels, starting prior to recieving orders so that we can expedite the turn around time. The manufacturer now see's that I'm a reliable person and is willing to start the run prior to getting money from me. There will be a total of 4 different products in the next run. More details on that in a short while.

I did want to let those know that are still waiting for barrel from the first and second run, I appreciate the patience and support. This will ALL be completed very soon now. God bless you all and thank you!

Oh, man
first you make us wait for the barrells, and then don't tell us the next krytons. I have had it with lasers! ;) j/k ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for all your hard work kenom :D

Lasercrazy said:
[quote author=happytomato link=1204788577/1360#1373 date=1225643423][quote author=robjdixon link=1204788577/1360#1372 date=1225623199]Do the barrells fit a protected 18650?
Yes. Definitely.[/quote]

Don't be so sure, I had 2 protected that didn't fit.
[/quote]
Really? What make?

Kenom

robjdixon said:
Oh, man
first you make us wait for the barrells, and then don't tell us the next krytons. I have had it with lasers! ;) j/k  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for all your hard work kenom :D

I don't wanna go advertising before the thread is up. When the time is right everyone will see what is available. This thread is already the longest in forum history so far and we don't really need to make it any bigger!!! LOL

at least i know i'll be getting a couple nice presents this year

[highlight]Kryton Barrels Black Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/highlight]

sweeeeeet..
soooo looking forward to the barrel. thanks for all your hard work!

happytomato said:
[quote author=Lasercrazy link=1204788577/1360#1375 date=1225931220][quote author=happytomato link=1204788577/1360#1373 date=1225643423][quote author=robjdixon link=1204788577/1360#1372 date=1225623199]Do the barrells fit a protected 18650?
Yes. Definitely.[/quote]

[/quote]
Really? What make?[/quote]

They were ultrafire I believe. I don't have the cells anymore but I know I posted it in this thread somewhere.

danq

Do the barrells fit a protected 18650?
Yes. Definitely.
Really? What make?
They were ultrafire I believe. I don't have the cells anymore but I know I posted it in this thread somewhere.

?huh? R you shur? I have won, that fits great. Thers even more space.

Oh - wait... the election's over...

The Kryton Groove was designed with the 18650 in mind, and has ample length for the protected version. I have a Trustfire protected 18650 in Big Red, and just measured - there is at least 6mm more 'expansion room' in there, lengthwise. Was your problem the width or the length? If width, maybe you got a cell with a prot board that wasn't trimmed well?

artix

You can cut part of the spring off. ::)

This is a 70 thread so far, so I'll assume this question has been asked about 30 times... Thing is, I don't want to go back through the 70 pages. ::)

Here it is: What is The Best 18650 battery I can get for my Groove?

Sorry for the likely redundancy.

-Jonathan

danq

platinum said:
This is a 70 thread so far, so I'll assume this question has been asked about 30 times... Thing is, I don't want to go back through the 70 pages. ::)

Here it is:  What is The Best 18650 battery I can get for my Groove?  

Sorry for the likely redundancy.

-Jonathan
Platinum Jon, there are many 18650's in the world... to narrow the field, I'll suggest you search at DealExtreme for "protected 18650" and read the comments/discussions for the resultant products...

As for the 70 pages, you could do a search here on "18650 Kryton"...
(I haven't done that so don't know what you'll get)

:)
DanQ

Kenom

those batteries are the one's that I was selling with the barrels. They work VERY well.