Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser activity in my house will be decreased majorly... read to find out why :|

Well, experiments with lasers and fun with lasers in my house is going to go down.

Not because I am loosing interest, not because I am in trouble, but because a new kitten will be joining my family.

From now on, to keep my baby kittens eyes safe, I'm only gonna use my laser outdoors...

And unless I can find some kitty protection goggles there isnt gonna be no more lasers in da house.

If yall are wondering, the baby kitten is a girl, and shes really cute. Blue Point siamese :D.

Oh and btw I did get my 150mw laser, its amazing and probably gonna be my last laser, best laser ever, AMAZINGLY built. <3 rayfoss

~~woo 100th post :D

Last edited:

hey you can always use a <1mW to play with your kitten that way you can have both! :D

HIMNL9

Make her have fun ;) ..... we have some cats in the street, here, and when they was kitten, i played a lot with them with a low power red ..... was so funny see them try to catch the dot all the ways, someone also trying to climb the walls for catch it ..... and the expressions and moves they was doing when they jump over the dot and you turn it off, sometimes, are real "rotfl" :D

ixfd64

I may be wrong, but I've heard somewhere that cats' eyes are less prone to damage than human eyes.

i may be wrong, but i heard that kittens are just baby rodents. i wouldn't worry too much about them :)
i guess i'm just a dog person, but i know if it came between a kitten and my lasers........well, one of them would be eating a bullet.

lol @ the post above.

I use high powered lasers in my house, and I have cats too (and a family). I'm just not stupid with them and point them near my family or anything. I have had lasers for a while and only one cat occasionally runs into walls, and that's because she had a car on her head. Just don't point lasers at your cats and you will be fine, I'm guessing you don't have any lasers in the Class IV range anyway.

i may be wrong, but i heard that kittens are just baby rodents. i wouldn't worry too much about them :)
i guess i'm just a dog person, but i know if it came between a kitten and my lasers........well, one of them would be eating a bullet.

Amen.

I dislike kittens.
I don't know what it is, but I get stressed out when in the presence of a kitten.

Things

I may be wrong, but I've heard somewhere that cats' eyes are less prone to damage than human eyes.

Maybe at lower powers, but if you can burn with a laser, eye's don't stand a chance ...

What the f*** is this a kitty hate thread! You Guys deserve a slap! Now after reading this thread im twice as pissed than i was being awake by "dog's" in my House.

Jaseth

I have a beautiful little kitten here too (my roomie's), but it isn't allowed in my room anyway as it likes to destroy books, bite power cords and be mischievous in general, so I can use my lasers as much as I want.
I am more of a dog person myself but really, I like most animals so how could I not love this little kitty? It acts quite a lot like a dog too - loves being around people, getting attention, eating and lying somewhere sleeping for hours.

It also furiously chases my <1mW greenie around the room.

Seb