Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Language questions. Please read and answer.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

Select the options that suit you. (check only 2 options)

• Total voters

Chinese and English here :D

I am probably the only white guy at my school who speaks Chinese!

Chinese and English here :D

I am probably the only white guy at my school who speaks Chinese!

Do you eaves drop on them when they talk to each other at their buffets?

Fufufufu stupid fat americans ... hohoho... :crackup:

HIMNL9

Imho, English is the preferred language, just for the lack of fixed meanings rules :p

I mean, you don't know how to say something ? ..... in almost any other languages, you need to consult a dictionary ..... in English, just invent a new funny word that sound logic and start to use it in public, acting as you know what you're doing, and in a pair of weeks you find your new word in the new version of dictionary, included comments and ethymologies for it :p :D

:wtf:

Imho, English is the preferred language, just for the lack of fixed meanings rules :p

I mean, you don't know how to say something ? ..... in almost any other languages, you need to consult a dictionary ..... in English, just invent a new funny word that sound logic and start to use it in public, acting as you know what you're doing, and in a pair of weeks you find your new word in the new version of dictionary, included comments and ethymologies for it :p :D

:wtf:

I know how you feel. I think the internet has to much of that "I define my own language" attitude.

Didn't it used to only being with gangs?

This ain't gonna happen. English is almost the easiest (if not the easiest) language to learn. This is why people has adapted to it. Chinese is one of the hardest languages to learn for an occidental person.

No. People have adapted the english language because Chuck Norris said so.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Harbfeadtuegwtdlml_4chan.jpg

It doesn't matter what language you speak, when Chuck Norris speaks to you, you'll understand him. He uses the RoundHouse-Kick language. Those will be the last words you'll ever hear.

Arayan

Italian is my native language, furthermore I can also speak: English, Spanish and I know about a hundred words of Japanese :)

D

Deleted member 8382

this is a surprise to me. An European guy learning English+Spanish a part from his native language? How does that come?

Arayan

this is a surprise to me. An European guy learning English+Spanish a part from his native language? How does that come?
I heard that the Italians are the worst in the world to speak English (and I'm afraid that's true :D ) but first with my studies, and then with my job (articles in international journals and conferences) I had to learn English even though I better be able to talk about science :)
About Spanish I did a course and I have friends in Andalucía, then the Spanish language has a linguistic construction that is quite similar to Italian.

However there is another European guy (HIMNL9) which is much better than me ;)

D

Deleted member 8382

I'm now a bit impressed about the amount of people (almost everyone) that have English as native language but know another. I thought people in USA/UK only knew English!

HIMNL9

However there is another European guy (HIMNL9) which is much better than me ;)

Naah, i'm not better than you ..... at least, you followed regular courses ..... my languages are mainly self-learned, so i have a lot of carence in grammar rules (you have just to see how i can massacre almost any phrase, when i try to speak, as example, in Portuguese ..... i always forgot the "vocè" related rules ..... probably, any Portuguese people that hear me trying to speak it, can feel justified in committing an homicide for keep safe their "language safety" :crackup:)

I thought people in USA/UK only knew English!

No, these ones are probably "Pure British Blood" ones ..... you know, the ones that are convinced that English is the only civil language, and that if you speak with a foreign in English clear and slow, first or after he must understood, regardless the fact that he know English or not ..... :p :D

Last edited:

HIMNL9

I speak a million languages ... sadly no one understands them :twak:

Sheren mhwwoooth grubba-grubba lieth lerien piyo-piyo woonka 011010110001010011010 ki-ki-kiiiyu honk dit-dit-daa-daa-dit whaddya meep ..... right ?

(j/k, sorry ..... just a little bit of sane spamming :D)