Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay is giving away 445nm Spyders.

it makes me pretty mad reading the comments seeing 13 year olds (yes, they are actually stating they are 13) exciting about winning this.
Oh My God.

Anybody have some mega epic facepalm picture for this ?

EDIT: Forget facepalm. This is a whole new level of failure.
demotivational-posters-facebrick.jpg

Well, if someone young like that does win, has an unfortunate accident, maybe the family will sue him!
I'm going to go do a forum donation in protest!

Edit...and I did!

Last edited:

Pilgor

lol, if you win when will you get it, another 3 months?

Last edited:
^
Yes I liked the spongebob one. I'd like to whisper someone's name and make it quietly play that everytime they click in their seatbelt.

Oh, BTW, if anyone's seen the spec sheet for the WL goggles, they're rated <OD2 for 445nm.

They were never OD4+, and WL lied about it all along.

If you've seen the reviews, you'll be able to see that the goggles do next to nothing.

Frankly, a pair of the $7 eBay goggles would work better.

Yeah but for every laser Kip gives away 1000 little kids convince mommy to buy one for them.

IMO that laser is as dangerous as a BB gun, actually more. He's essentially giving away a free weapon.

He's irresponsible, yes, but so are many ignorant parents who don't bother consider the implications of the things their children want. Wicked is irresponsible for advertising their Arctic as a fucking toy! So Kipkay is an ass, sure, but he is not the crux of the real problem.

-Tony

Xplorer877, I think you just hit it right on the head.
Problem is, no one these days is responsible. Zero accountability is the name of the game.
I just had to make a numbered business because some people might slap themselves in the face with a spring in a new invention I made/am selling.
Mommy and daddy and/or the person who recieves the laser should be accountable for their actions but it will never happen.

DrSid

Pair of $8 focalprice anti-green certainly does work better !

A couple of years back he was on the cafepress site doing videos under a similar "pay per thousand of views."

He was decimated his competition. I remember the dollar amounts were very high.

He is getting use out of it.
Wanna know how ?

Putting the WL advertisement thing aside, there is some Youtube program which , when you join, you get payed per view.

It's good to see that he's put more of an emphasis on safety, and I guess he'll talk to the buyer seriously before shipping. IMO 13 is too young to be given or use an Arctic without prior laser experience, but his choice to target 13+ is probably based on his audience's age. I might not agree with him on some things, but he certainly knows how to promote himself well.

I still think he's an idiot for allowing a 13 year old to get a 1w laser. :scowl:

I know the stuff I did when I was 13, and some of it was not good! :whistle: