Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay copied Rog!

Not original, just a knock off or rogs. pretty dumb to go intentionally out of the way to make it different but with the same concept.

Like I posted above... It's OK to build something similar to Rog's Lighter...

What's NOT OK is bragging about his being the "World's First"...
and condoning shining a high powered Blu-Ray Laser towards the user's
eyes... (seen by his own video)...

Jerry

Lets not *cough cough* forget were Rog got his inspiration LOL.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/laser-cigarette-lighter-27987.html

Sill working on mine. I need a module with a flex drive..just cant afford it right now.

Here is the host...

sku_1320_1.jpg

DONT STEAL THE IDEA KIP!!!

Last edited:
:D
Lets not *cough cough* forget were Rog got his inspiration LOL
:D
And I was gracious enough to say on my website that it was the discussion here that got me thinking....

Laserbee is correct, my designs are out there to be used, I don't do production.

Regards rog8811

Last edited:
Odd...I just happen to own that lighter.
Maybe we should race to see who can make on first and then Call it the[SIZE=+2] Worlds First "Cheap" Laser Tourch Lighter.[/SIZE]

LMAO yeah right. We will start calling you Kipiskor. I have all the parts but there is only room for 2 AAAs and all I have is a couple modules with a rkcstr drivers.

LMAO yeah right. We will start calling you Kipiskor. I have all the parts but there is only room for 2 AAAs and all I have is a couple modules with a rkcstr drivers.

Have you thought about using lithium batteries? That way you wont have to use 2.

Kipiskor....has a nice ring to it. LOL:)

Yes but I thought you needed at least 9v to power a rkcstr driver with a GGW. What would happen if its under 7.5v?

Keep in mind I dont have a flex drive.

daguin

If KipKay "SENT" people here, they would never buy anything from him :crackup:

I have no problem with KipKay claiming "first." KipKay is who KipKay is. It would have been nice to drop an attribution to Rog for the inspiration, but that only carries weight in "professional" circles. If he had made the claim in this forum, I would have been all over him. He didn't. He made it in his own marketing video.

KipKay's verbiage is for marketing. One rarely points out that the product that they are selling is sub-standard. No one expects them to.

I have no problem with KipKay charging so much for his parts. As I have stated before, in retail the value of your merchandise is whatever you can get paid for it. It is a fact of commerce that ignorant customers will pay more and "insiders" will pay less. Welcome to the free market.

The problem I have is that if the product is used AS SHOWN in the marketing, it will result in harm to the ignorant consumer. Rog's design specifically dealt with the direction and termination of the beam. KipKay's shows that you must shine the laser beam directly toward your eyes for it to work.

KipKay -- Take down the video. Then, at least, instruct the consumer to light the material while pointing the laser in a SAFE direction. It would be better still if you replaced the video with one showing the lighter used in a safe manner.

Then you get to still sell the parts for the unit, but don't have to keep a personal injury lawyer on retainer.

Peace,
dave

My bad....I thought you said flexdrive....

Basicly, the laser will still work, but the current would start to drop from the second you turn it on.

Jaseth

Wow, I just replied on his video instructing people to not shine it as close to their face as he did and to max. give the laser a 15 sec duty cycle because of the lack of heatsinking.. and Kipkay went and deleted my comments and blocked me! What a jerk, unbelievable.

Well he's a member here... you can always "delete" some of his rep points..
with a note on why...
and you can also put him on your "ignore" list...:whistle:

Jerry