Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

kill fund for NEW NICHIA 440nm-455nm 3.5w 9mm Laser Diode

I would like to start a kill fund for this new diode if we all put in a little we can see what this diode will do! I will start it off with a $100. Just give what you can $1 or $5 all will help .I have spent thousands doing test, I need help! I hope there are more people out there that would like to know just how high they will go and a safe stopping point . If you can help send money to my paypal ricktrent4@yahoo.com I will make a video show how it is all going and post all outcomes should not have to kill it but some times that can happen and I will post all the money that comes in . If you do not want your name on post add a note.

:drool:

Last edited:

In case you missed it, ARG is doing a giveaway of this diode and they are not going to kill it. Its a little more appealing than donating money just to kill something. Anyways, wish you good luck.

To find out the max power we can get from these diode some one will have to kill one and at $650 each that is a lot .I hope a lot of people would like
if I do not get the money in 30 day all will be refunded ! This is the only we will know to find out max power! I just hope a lot of people would like to see max power !:thinking:

In case you missed it, ARG is doing a giveaway of this diode and they are not going to kill it. Its a little more appealing than donating money just to kill something. Anyways, wish you good luck.

Last edited:

DTR

You don't necessarily have to kill it to get that info. Once the efficiency starts dropping you have hit the max and with these newer generation diodes most just stop lasing at some point but will start again when turned down. Going further than shutdown would not really produce any meaningful info.:)

your 100% right but some times they keep going up in power and then blow .
I hope that is not the case but as we all know it can happen .what I will do is if I get max power and it does not blow. I will put all names in box of people who gave and 1 will get the diode!!!;)
if more people would like you to test it that would work for me .I would just like to see max power!!!!

You don't necessarily have to kill it to get that info. Once the efficiency starts dropping you have hit the max and with these newer generation diodes most just stop lasing at some point but will start again when turned down. Going further than shutdown would not really produce any meaningful info.:)

your 100% right but some times they keep going up in power and then blow .
I hope that is not the case but as we all know it can happen .what I will do is if I get max power and it does not blow. I will put all names in box of people who gave and 1 will get the diode!!!;)
if more people would like you to test it that would work for me .I would just like to see max power!!!!

That's exactly same what ARG does Rick

Look at his last tests :beer:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb-473nm-diode-information-giveaway-84526.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb-pl520-murder-fund-81496.html#post1170675

I did not see were he was going to push one to the max it was under GB I did not get what he was doing from the post looked like just a GB. not a kill fund and I hope it will not kill it the diode as DTR told.
and I do not need any one to send money tell we have it all.

Last edited: