Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just used my 1.6W 445nm for self-defense.

@Machina: I live in Maryland. I do believe it is possible to get a concealed weapon permit, but it don't believe it is possible to get that sort of permit at the age of 17.

@Wannaburn: I know you're not trying to be negative, you are probably right, I should be a little more careful with how I use my laser. That would be a disaster if it made it into the news!

-Jakob

Last edited:

Here is a picture off me. Cheech added a plunger, and tongue for a joke, but you get the idea.

2516-bigdaddyplunger.jpg

i totally believe that u were a biker at one point >_>

MojoLA

is it just me or have a few too many members been attacked on this forum o_O makes me kinda worry for my own safety...maybe i should start carrying a knife on me...

I agree, personally I don't believe any of the "my laser saved my life" stories on here. Just sounds too much like wish fulfillment from people who desperately want their lasers to transform them into superheroes.

And, of course, for the attention.

DJNY

I agree, personally I don't believe any of the "my laser saved my life" stories on here. Just sounds too much like wish fulfillment from people who desperately want their lasers to transform them into superheroes.

Or maybe YOU aren´t just not cool enough :na:

You did this before with another member, either you´re an old embittered lady or just unsympathetic.

Yeah, I'm totally trying to be super-laser man. One glance at my laser and any bad guys will instantly go blind. If it hits their skin they spontaneously combust. I can even crank up the power on it and perform optical trapping with their burnt ashes, just to humiliate them.

-Jakob

Last edited:

honestly i agree....

honestly i agree....

I couldn't care less if anybody believes me or not, I was just so shocked by what happened that I felt like I should post it...

-Jakob

Last edited:

MojoLA

Look, if it really happened, I'm glad it worked. I'm just amazed some drunk wandered into your property then pulled a knife on you. That part seems more unlikely to me than someone running off at seeing a laser!

I may not beleive them, but I HOPE all these stories are true and people really were saved by their lasers.

And maybe I am a bitter old lady AND unsympathetic! Is there something wrong with a personality profile that isn't an exact match for your own?

And so what if I voiced the same opinion in a similar thread? Do I get on YOUR case for saying the same thing (i.e. "good for you") in more than one thread?

It's amazing what happens around here when someone voices a POLITE dissenting opinion (which all of mine have been). Get over it, folks, not everyone has to have the same point of view as the rest of you. What's the point of a discussion forum if everyone simply chimes in with "yup I agree?"

I express my viewpoint even if I know it will be unpopular, but it's important to encourage healthy debate. Unfortunately, some of you react to it with pitchforks and torches rather than an open mind.

Says a lot more about you than me.

oic0

In the US you are going to get sued for blinding him. You can go ahead and blind them though and then bash his skull with a lead pipe, make sure he's good and dead, then youll get off scott free. :horse:

The odds would be against you, as you would be taking the risk of being charged for murdering a blind man if they happen to take a look at his retinas. :eek:

Last edited:
Look, if it really happened, I'm glad it worked. I'm just amazed some drunk wandered into your property then pulled a knife on you. That part seems more unlikely to me than someone running off at seeing a laser!

It's amazing what happens around here when someone voices a POLITE dissenting opinion (which all of mine have been). Get over it, folks, not everyone has to have the same point of view as the rest of you. What's the point of a discussion forum if everyone simply chimes in with "yup I agree?"

Ohh if you lived in my neighborhood you'd find it very likely. I'm right in the middle of a major ghetto. So many riff-raffs and druggies here, it's sickening. And I hope that second paragraph I quoted wasn't directed to me :/ I didn't say anything wrong to ya!

@oic0: LMAO

-Jakob

MojoLA

No not to you at all - they know who they are :)

And While some of the folks here are technically correct that if you had "only"'maimed him with your laser you could have left yourself open to being sued and/or charged, good luck finding a jury that would convict you...

A lot of wrong ideas are being put into a lot of young minds in this thread.
Never point a laser at someone :tsk:

Last edited: