Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just ordered my first 473nm DPSS from Jetlasers

Hey guys,
I am as giddy as a school boy right now having worked my ass off all summer 10-12 hour days my wife told me I should enjoy the fruits of hard work sooooo.... tonight I placed my order with Gray from Jetlasers. 100mW 473nmm, DPSS PLE pro in silver with beam expander and ac adaptor is on its way!

After Gray's incredible customer service in helping me diagnose and replace my 532 PLE pro this past spring I will always be a loyal Jetlaser customer. These guys take customer care to another level. I look forward to writing the first review I have made in quite some time. After this, all I am missing to complete my handheld collection is 594.5. Im going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.
Thank you Gray,
Jeff
40179243_zpsjpa8a2lt.jpg

Last edited:

Congrats olympus! :D

Have you ever seen 473 before? If not, it's a beautiful color almost all fall in love with. Make sure to take some sleeping pills friend.

-Alex

Congrats olympus! :D

Have you ever seen 473 before? If not, it's a beautiful color almost all fall in love with. Make sure to take some sleeping pills friend.

-Alex

Thanks Alex, I have only seen them in pictures. I love DPSS lasers most of all. The beams are so razor sharp I just love them. I bought a binned 463 diode with custom made driver that will safely push the diode into 470's but haven't found a host worthy to put that set up in. Even though, I really wanted that wl in DPSS. I Love this hobby more and more. It brings me hours of joy each day I fumble around my work bench.
Took an ambien so I can actually get some sleep tonight lol

gozert

Still like my PL-E 473 a lot. Definitely a good choice. I'm kinda wondering why Gray wouldn't sell me a 100mW 473nm 2 months ago though. He told me they couldn't make it or something and now it's right there on their website.

Still like my PL-E 473 a lot. Definitely a good choice. I'm kinda wondering why Gray wouldn't sell me a 100mW 473nm 2 months ago though. He told me they couldn't make it or something and now it's right there on their website.

Yeah they are new. I was pleasantly surprised to see 100mW's as they used to only be 80mW max.
Maybe they have been metering high enough that they feel comfortable offering 100mW. Im guessing its the same module don;t you think? Sorry buddy I understand your disappointment. Talk to Gray maybe he wil be wiling to work something out for you.

I'l take some good vids and pics so you can maybe sell yours and buy one if the power difference is significant enough to justify the hassles of selling.
Im looking to thin out some of my collection for sale. I am still searching for the elusive PGL 589 80mW. I may have a used one offered to me. Fingers crossed.

gozert

Yeah, probably the same modules. Mine is supposed to peak at around 95mW so it's no that bad. Just wondering why he wouldn't sell me one back then. He'll surely work something out, but I don't feel like sending it to China and back, so I'll settle with this for now. Maybe a PGL 473nm in the future.

Would be awesome if you could get ahold of that PGL 589, keep me updated.

Yeah, probably the same modules. Mine is supposed to peak at around 95mW so it's no that bad. Just wondering why he wouldn't sell me one back then. He'll surely work something out, but I don't feel like sending it to China and back, so I'll settle with this for now. Maybe a PGL 473nm in the future.

Would be awesome if you could get ahold of that PGL 589, keep me updated.

I found a great price on a re-seller of CNI PGL-III-C 80mW 473 from Ultra Lasers in Canada. $489 US. I was going to order one but then saw JL has 100mW and I want as much power as possible. Plus JL has the best customer service in the industry.
Seriously give him a polite email and I bet he will work something out for you.

gozert

That's not too much for a PGL 473. Will definitely keep that one in mind. I talk to Gray quite frequently about projects and such, he'll help me out no doubt. I just don't think it's worth sending my 473 to him and have it upgraded. Shipping to China is like 40 bucks, and 35 for the way back to me. I'll consider it another time.

Thanks Alex, I have only seen them in pictures. I love DPSS lasers most of all. The beams are so razor sharp I just love them. I bought a binned 463 diode with custom made driver that will safely push the diode into 470's but haven't found a host worthy to put that set up in. Even though, I really wanted that wl in DPSS. I Love this hobby more and more. It brings me hours of joy each day I fumble around my work bench.
Took an ambien so I can actually get some sleep tonight lol

Haha. 473 is something which can't be accurately described in just words, it really is something you need to experience in your own home. It's a very soothing, tropical water colored shade of blue :D

-Alex

That is good news! Christmas in October :D
I agree with LeHap as 473nm is a great WL. That is why I have 2 in that WL :)

Gabe

Yes congrats! Like Alex was saying, 473 is really a colour that can't be described in photographs. Even to this day it still surprises me how often I switch my labby on just to enjoy the colour lighting up my room :D

This one is new- the first JL 473 were around 50 mW BUT they needed to be warmed up to make full power- apparently they can stand the heat- so keep that in mind-
AFAIK there are no others at all just like Gray- AND- he has been way more than generous to the forums. PLUS his English skills are great- Gray has set the bar very high-- all should be like him!!

We have a social group here for JL owners- join us!!

BUT unless you click 'group tools' and add the group as a subscription otherwise you wont ever know when something new happens. I have some like-new JLs I will be selling soon.& will do that at the group (ROG) only.
great prices too.
here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/groups/jetlasers-owners-group/

make sure you SUB!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice choice olympus mons, I can't wait to see your review, and what this new 100mW will do! :D

I've also recently placed an order with J/L through Gray, but I found out that Oct. 1st to the 8th is one of China's largest holidays (National Day Golden Week Holiday), and almost everything is slows to a crawl.

Last edited:
Haha. 473 is something which can't be accurately described in just words, it really is something you need to experience in your own home. It's a very soothing, tropical water colored shade of blue :D

-Alex

I think I'm one of the only people on here who really doesn't find it that remarkable. I got mine, turned it on and promptly thought "is that it". lol. it might be because I despise anything that is in between green or blue, so cyan's, turquoise etc, and I find under the "right" light 473 looks to have tiny bits of green in it. I'd probably best not bother with a 488 line then :shhh:

Last edited: