Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just lost my first Skylaser :(

My 500mW 405nm has just LED'd. This occurred about 5 minutes ago.

RIP, Burner Purple. Lots of good times.

I don't suppose the host can be reused, or the diode replaced. Anyone willing to take a crack at it?

I got this laser as part of Offroadfreak's group buy #2. How are the rest of your Skylasers doing?

Last edited:

Nope its gone. Blord rebuilt one but that think is Alcatraz to get into. I have a host as well. Bought it off a membrr for the tailcaps and to see how hard it was to take apart. Leys just say its still together. You can take the beam stop ahutter off and with an adapter put it on any other laser though

Blord

If you can open the host then replacing the diode is a piece of cake. The Skylasers are glued together. Taken it apart is the hardest part.

Invest ina reflow gun. That may losen the glue. 99% of the time I use it to get into things glued together.

If you can open the host then replacing the diode is a piece of cake. The Skylasers are glued together. Taken it apart is the hardest part.

Actually, I *did* get the top part of the host unscrewed. There was glue for sure, but not an excessive amount. Getting the module part out of the head though, not sure about that. But if it's doable, I'd be all about replacing the diode. Or, well, having someone replace it... something to look into?

How'd you get the top part to unscrew? When I tried on mine the beam stop on the front just screwed off and thats glued on. You use heat to loosen the glue, vice, etc?

How'd you get the top part to unscrew? When I tried on mine the beam stop on the front just screwed off and thats glued on. You use heat to loosen the glue, vice, etc?

I removed the silver label, figuring there'd be a seam or threaded joint under it. I gave the head a twist to the left and it came right off.

There are wires leading from the driver into the head, where the diode is. The wires are a bit on the thin side, imho. The brass module part is visible, it's threaded into the head, but appears to be glued into place as well. Not sure how to remove the brass part, it is one of those ridiculous "two hole" tool things that I have no idea what would even fit it.

If you take the front apature part off you will get at the lens and its glued in place as well. There is a retaining ring holding it in place and im unsure how to get the glue off. That crap is tough! I tried just twisting the ring out with pliers but didnt work. What will disolve glue? Idc if the lens melts a little since i can replace that.

Glad we are in the same boat here Marco Polo since now we can both replace our lasers. Mines been sitting in a drawer for 3 months and i literally took it out three days ago to give it another shot and failed again so perfect timing buddy :beer:

I'm not going to add to this thread much, but would be curious as to how long you've had the laser (I.e. How long ago group buy #2 was) and have you used the crap out of it?

GB #2 was a year ago. I have a HL532-300 from that GB that is kicking stronger than ever