Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JL's PL-E 532nm 600mw mini review

BobMc

:drool: So pretty. I really need to add a JL to my collection

Thanks Jhop, I don't think there's another manufacturer that overspecs like JetLasers. Very happy with my purchase would recommend them highly.

Bob are you able to converge the beam from the new 10x BE? I can't seem to get mine to at all. I have tried to adjust the focus on the laser but it has no impact on the beam coming out of the BE. Ill try the old version to see what happens. edit: well that's not going to happen. Totally different sizes.

Last edited:

BobMc

Bob are you able to converge the beam from the new 10x BE? I can't seem to get mine to at all. I have tried to adjust the focus on the laser but it has no impact on the beam coming out of the BE. Ill try the old version to see what happens. edit: well that's not going to happen. Totally different sizes.

Sorry but I'm away from the house for a month. So I can't try, I didn't before I left. If you don't find the answer I give it a try when I get back home. :thinking:

Edit; I did notice that the adjustment won't spin but 3/4 of a revolution, which I thought was curious??

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm away from the house for a month. So I can't try, I didn't before I left. If you don't find the answer I give it a try when I get back home. :thinking:

Edit; I did notice that the adjustment won't spin but 3/4 of a revolution, which I thought was curious??

Just wondering if you have determined how long the single 16350 battery runs before needing a recharge?

BobMc

Just wondering if you have determined how long the single 16350 battery runs before needing a recharge?

Umm, the pl-e 532 mini takes (1) 18350. ( I'm guessing it was just a typo ) , no I haven't. I use Efest 3000 mAh that tested out at 2800-2900 mAh, pretty healthy, so, sorry I can't answer your question. :(

Or were you asking about the Fenix 16340's I bought with the built in charging port? :thinking:

Very nice!
There is something about that high quality 532nm dpss beam that is just so right, sure more total power is desirable, but I would choose 600mw of 532 over 1.2 w of multi mode 520 at least 9 out of 10 times if not every time.

Now get the multi mode up to 5w and I would choose the power, but as it is that 532 beam quality is what a laser beam should be in my humble opinion.

Umm, the pl-e 532 mini takes (1) 18350. ( I'm guessing it was just a typo ) , no I haven't. I use Efest 3000 mAh that tested out at 2800-2900 mAh, pretty healthy, so, sorry I can't answer your question. :(

:thinking:
The pl-e mini 523nm. Yes my mistake. I'm undecided which to buy, the mini or full size. The full size is attractive because of its beefier power supply. The mini for its price. Well when you have to recharge let us know. Thanks.

BobMc

Very nice!
There is something about that high quality 532nm dpss beam that is just so right, sure more total power is desirable, but I would choose 600mw of 532 over 1.2 w of multi mode 520 at least 9 out of 10 times if not every time.

Now get the multi mode up to 5w and I would choose the power, but as it is that 532 beam quality is what a laser beam should be in my humble opinion.

Thanks Red, she sure is a well built unit with a gorgeous beam. Your right, when I compare her to my Sanwu Challenger 2, 1watt with the g7, she's got a tighter beam and I don't know how to describe it but she got a crystal-ly-er beam, it's like she got little crystal in it. You know that might make a good thread. Maybe next time I hit the house I'll do a comparison between the 520 and the 532? Good idea. :thinking: Have a good Easter and thanks for your thoughts. :)

The pl-e mini 523nm. Yes my mistake. I'm undecided which to buy, the mini or full size. The full size is attractive because of its beefier power supply. The mini for its price. Well when you have to recharge let us know. Thanks.

Yea, that's a personal decision. I'm guessing both have the same diode, one is just pushed harder, henceforth the need for a larger sink and more current. Do you like smaller or larger hosts? Would you like a couple hundred mw's more for a larger host. Questions, question, both are nice, your call. But I know sometimes it's a tough decision. :thinking: Best wishes and have a great Easter. :)

Very nice, Awesome, I've been looking for just a module for a custom build for a while of this power still no luck, David from Lasever said there 800mw modules are still in testing for reliability but they used to sell them if I'm not mistaken,

Anyway this is very nice Bob!

BobMc

Very nice, Awesome, I've been looking for just a module for a custom build for a while of this power still no luck, David from Lasever said there 800mw modules are still in testing for reliability but they used to sell them if I'm not mistaken,

Anyway this is very nice Bob!

Thanks BadBoy, heard the same thing talking to Gray about the 800mw modules, there still in the testing mode. Curious though, my 600mw tests out at over 850mw's. Wondering what their 800mw one would test out at, over 1 watt? One can dream. :). Hope you find what your looking for. :)

I have to check out your collection thread. Grats on the new greenie. I have the 400mw on order with the new BE. Can't wait to get it. Maybe a dozen or so beamshots would get me though these few weeks of anticipation.
Tell us about it. Mini or regular size?

So bobmc it's been awhile and I was wondering how quickly this unit drains the one 18650 battery?
And you did say this unit has the 5v ac port like the
PL-E pro?

Last edited:
Tell us about it. Mini or regular size?

Hey Steve meant to get around to it but completely forgot. Its the mini. Peaks over 700mw. The average would depend on the duty cycle I test it at. Beam is clean and centered. I have the adapter set in the perfect spot so softly attaching/detaching the beam expander is not a big deal. I can't give you a battery life estimate but it does seem to put it to task. Grey never got back to me about the beam expander question. I noticed Bob said 3/4 turn was all he could get but mine has about 3 revolutions between stops. :thinking:

Last edited:

BobMc

So bobmc it's been awhile and I was wondering how quickly this unit drains the one 18650 battery?
And you did say this unit has the 5v ac port like the
PL-E pro?

Hey Steve meant to get around to it but completely forgot. Its the mini. Peaks over 700mw. The average would depend on the duty cycle I test it at. Beam is clean and centered. I have the adapter set in the perfect spot so softly attaching/detaching the beam expander is not a big deal. I can't give you a battery life estimate but it does seem to put it to task. Grey never got back to me about the beam expander question. I noticed Bob said 3/4 turn was all he could get but mine has about 3 revolutions between stops. :thinking:

@ STeve; Ive been away from the house for the last seven weeks so I haven't had a chance to play with it. Home now for a bit so I'll try to do some research and answer your questions.

@dden my JL BE was stuck, it just took a little massaging to get her to loosen up, she go around quite a few turns now so I'm good there. As far as centering the dot I hear it just takes some practice, which I'm still in need of. :thinking:

edit, No dden I can't get mine to converge either, at about aprox 40' a have a about 6" in diameter. It's the smallest I can get it. :thinking:

edit x2, just took it outside and it seem to converge at about a hundred feet or more, it seem to get smaller the farther away. I'm in the suburbs so I don't have anything farther away to aim at. (safely)

Last edited:

Radim

Interesting, Bob. Do you have Mini or Pro expander? I'm figuring out how to adjust focus on my Pro expander. I do not see any gaps between supposed focus ring and expander body. I'm wondering whether it is just "paint" over the gap or it is not adjustable at all.

Edit: Now I see the OP - seems to be Mini BE, you have.

Last edited:

BobMc

Interesting, Bob. Do you have Mini or Pro expander? I'm figuring out how to adjust focus on my Pro expander. I do not see any gaps between supposed focus ring and expander body. I'm wondering whether it is just "paint" over the gap or it is not adjustable at all.

Edit: Now I see the OP - seems to be Mini BE, you have.

Yes it's the mini I have. My focus ring was struck. At first I could only turn it maybe 3/4's of a turn. When I learn it should spin more I carefully worked it back and forth for about a minute and she broke free. It could have been paint. She's free now and spins quite smoothly and freely.

Last edited: