Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers Ti-B titanium, 133mW 532nm green laser.

That is an amazing set of pictures. I wish my 50mW olike looked as nice as that, but I guess you get what you pay for. That host looks awesome.

Frankk

Here's a cool shot:
312408_555583907803375_1196389225_n.jpg

I need to make a correction(or two)-- I have been touting the JL Titanium lasers( now just one... the Ti-B 532/100mW) as being sold by ONLY one company (plus me) JETLASERS and that the Ti-Bs I have here with me in stock are the last of their kind.

First correction--- I have found another place that sells one Titanium pen pointer- smaller than the Ti-B... when you could get one from JL it was called IIRC the Ti-A- it was a 532/100mW and used the 10440 battery-I had output issues with mine- sent it back and as JL was not able to make it output the full power plus more... SO they refunded me and sent a free laser for my troubles.
So while looking thru the newest DinoDirect store LaserFun I found that for $139usd (plus shipping)you can now by a titanium pen laser 532/100- so on that , I stand corrected- they offer no other titanium afaik.

Secondly due to the many requests made by members wanting TI-Bs, JL has gotten 50 new hosts that are ALMOST the same as the few I have left here with me to sell. AFAIK these will also be only offered in 532/100mW.

AFAIK the only diff. id they use a slightly larger Li-Ion battery- this was done simply by not adding the white thin plastic sleeve that you will see inside the older versions of the Ti-B.

I will have one of these newer versions to test and review ASAP. JL can offer these new versions at a lower price than before because the R&D is done and paid for- So you can get one thru me or my store cheaper than I have been offering the last of the old Ti-Bs- The price drop is not all that large and if you consider the increased cost to ship from china VS me shipping to CONUS from Texas is works out to be almost the same pricing. AND I will add a few extras that make the deal pretty much identical.

Neither Gray nor myself knew about this until recently- Gray is not the CEO of JETLASERS- (yet-ha ha)so decisions like this one are not made by Gray. If you want a Ti-B and have it in hand within a week just PM me.

I will very soon have plenty of batteries to sell and ship from Texas- the box coming weighs 18lbs!!

it will have 26650 King Kongs (4000mAh) and =Samsung 2800mAh 18650s- also 14500, 10400, 16340, and the new batteries used in the new versionTI-B 532/100mW-- Pricing TBA asap.

hak

Thst is great news Hak! Glad there will be more available soon.

I want to show some pictures of the Jetlasers DLP Ti-B green laser. It bought it from Hakzaw1 groupbuy. :beer:
It is a 532nm green laser running at one 14500 li-ion battery. You can turn the crown for focussing.
The laser is made from titanium. :drool:
The machining is very good but some edges should have a little better finishing. The attack crown is literary very sharp. ;)
I am a man of pictures so here they are,

The most ugly case I ever seen :D
Ti-1.jpg

Everything was packed well.
Ti-2.jpg

I also bought the 5X BE at the same time. I will make another thread of it.
Ti-3.jpg

I let the pictures speak. I hope you like it. :thanks:
Ti-4.jpg

Ti-5.jpg

Ti-6.jpg

Ti-7.jpg

Ti-8.jpg

Ti-9.jpg

Ti-10.jpg

Ti-11.jpg

Ti-12.jpg

Ti-13.jpg

Ti-14.jpg

Ti-17.jpg

Ti-15.jpg

Ti-16.jpg

LPM%20Jetlasers%20DPL-100%20Ti%20green.jpg

Very tempting :drool:
Looking forward - v2.0 150mW

Great pics bro. It did mesmerized me a lot, especially the beam ones.

@Blord
" The machining is very good but some edges should have a little better finishing. The attack crown is literary very sharp. "

I found it interesting that about an equal number of JL Ti -B owners both agreed about the sharp edges on the Attack Crown with some finding this to be a Con as did those that thought this was a Plus..

I sure would not like to have one jabbed at me. That I do know.

Does anyone have an opinion about the best way to soften those sharp edges when the metal is Titanium? Personally i like it sharp but in case a buyer asks the best method I would like to give the best advice. I have other lasers with 'tactical' crowns and they are no way nearly as sharp. It only takes a little pressure to cut five holes in cardboard with the Ti-B- I did not find any other places where the edges need more work , just the front of the crown.

I have four Ti-Bs ready to ship out to CONUS 0r Canada- all others can get them directly from Gray at JetLaser.org- IIRC these are only shipped by Exress by DHL or UPS and at $30 it seems pricey Express is not just fast it is safer as well. I DO NOT suggest that you ask for batteries to be sent WITH the laser( or any that crosses any borders)

Inspections seem to be less frequent with express but they still can happen and having the battery in the box invites problems. Its very frusrtating to have a laser and no battery to try it out with. Plan ahead and do what it takes to have your battery before the laser is delivered- SO- if you order Batts/chargers from ebay /China and the shipping is free you will be waiting at least 14 days in most cases on the batts. On the average that means you will not be able to use your new laser for around 10 days after getting it.

I have all the Jetlaser batteries in stock now,(except 14500) ready to Fed EX- which if you only order a few costs more to ship than the cost of the batteries- I can ship two 16340s or 16650s for about the same cost as 15 or 20. The USPS ban of shipping these may end or not.
Until then we have very few or no other/cheaper options.

Last edited:
I love the TiB's. I mean I already own two :p

Still there are two design problems I have with them;

1. That stupid plastic spacer. It would be nice to be able to use a larger battery. If anyone knows a simple way to get rid of it, please let me know?

2. The screw down/push down tailcap. It makes the "waterpoof" or "weatherproof" claim absurd. Yes, I agree, that design can't fail, but if there was a way to have a regular clickie there, it would be so much more convenient.

Again if anyone knows who can do a mod to those... please let me know. I remember someone from Canada did it.

I love the TiB's. I mean I already own two :p

Still there are two design problems I have with them;

1. That stupid plastic spacer. It would be nice to be able to use a larger battery. If anyone knows a simple way to get rid of it, please let me know?
Gray tells me that it is glued in place- and that heat may be needed to get it out- He may be able to do this for you for free but you would need to ship it to/from China(not free)- Also the 14500 is shorter than the 16650 so that could be an issue. I dont really think the spacer is smart or stupid and if JL did not make these changes to this newer version we would not even be having this convo.

2. The screw down/push down tailcap. It makes the "waterpoof" or "weatherproof" claim absurd. Yes, I agree, that design can't fail, but if there was a way to have a regular clickie there, it would be so much more convenient.
AFAIK there has never been a claim that these were waterproof or 'weatherproof'{whatever that means} -- if there was I missed it and I have been stressing all along that these are ONLY water resistant and shock resistant not PROOF. The switch it not a clicky- BUT clickies can break- this switch cannot 'break or fail'.

IIRC ARG did change out his- and then later sold the laser. Aside from the possibility of failure- most clicky switches are not also momentary the Ti-B can be both depending on how tight the tailcap is screwed down.

Again if anyone knows who can do a mod to those... please let me know. I remember someone from Canada did it.

Designing a laser that pleases 100% of the people is rare. (especially when one of them is IE--:crackup:)

Last edited:
Gray tells me that it is glued in place- and that heat may be needed to get it out- He may be able to do this for you for free but you would need to ship it to/from China(not free)- Also the 14500 is shorter than the 16650 so that could be an issue. I dont really think the spacer is smart or stupid and if JL did not make these changes to this newer version we would not even be having this convo.

That's not true... I've brought up the plastic sleeve subject long before the new versions came out, and when we were expecting that there would not be anymore TiB lasers at all.

I might need to send a laser to Gray at some point anyway, it's really nice of him to offer :D

AFAIK there has never been a claim that these were waterproof or 'weatherproof'{whatever that means} -- if there was I missed it and I have been stressing all along that these are ONLY water resistant and shock resistant not PROOF. The switch it not a clicky- BUT clickies can break- this switch cannot 'break or fail'.

IIRC ARG did change out his- and then later sold the laser. Aside from the possibility of failure- most clicky switches are not also momentary the Ti-B can be both depending on how tight the tailcap is screwed down.

Weatherproof = water resistant. Different language same meaning.

I really would never want to test any laser for shock resistance though... I like my lasers too much for that :tinfoil:

It was ARG? Hmm, time to go bug him I guess :shhh:

Also a lot (if not most flashlight) switches now are made for momentary on... where the circuit is completed, even with just a partial press of the button.

Designing a laser that pleases 100% of the people is rare. (especially when one of them is IE--:crackup:)

:crackup: Now that's very true :p

Sorry to differ but- waterproof means you can use it underwater
while water resistant means you can use it in the rain-- BIG difference and the two terms are used a LOT but never interchangeable. Thus all waterproof lasers are also water resistant but water resistant lasers are NOT waterproof. JL got its start by using others hosts and improving them with more and/or better rubber O-Rings and other changes.

I may be wrong but... AFAIK none of the lasers in MY collection are both momentary and constant on with the exception of the JL Ti-B-- I think the two 532s I have in Jasper hosts can be momentary but you have to just press the end button ever so lightly to get it to come on without 'clicking'

I do have some -'old timey' falshlights with dual button switching but would never want one in any of my lasers- too easy to fail.

"G" did you ask Gray about those sleeves back then-??- we may you to thank for the change. Perhaps you could find a buyer for yours and then get the 2.0 with the 16650 battery.. I was told that this current batch of 532s was only 50 pcs mostly 100mW plus a few 150mW.. These had been selling so slowly that JL did not want to sell them anymore- But when so many LPF members got in on the last of the old version and many contacted Gray/JL about more, they had a change of heart- its cool that we have this kind of influence.

hk

I said Weatherproof = water resistant. Not waterproof. I agree with you that those are completely different... I don't consider any of my lasers or even lights to be waterproof. :whistle:

Many lasers are built out of flashlight hosts, and even dedicated hosts often use the same design clickie mechanism.

With thise you can press the button halfway to tun on the laser momentarily, and all the way, clicking, for constant on.

I'm sure you have a few lasers like that :na:

About the sleeves... yeah I definitely asked you guys about that. It just seemed like an odd duck move to me in terms of design.

I'm definitely, 100%, not selling my TiB 250mW+ green... that one will have to be pried from my cold dead laserless hands :tinfoil:

I might sell the one I got last time though... I have way too many green lasers, and i think it's time to practice a bit of catch & release.

The problem that I'm sure JL is running into, in slow sales, is that very few people appreciate true quality, and titanium especially. It's a very premium product.

I mean let's face it, you can get a 100mW green laser for ~$50 easily enough. Getting one that is well built, in a tank of a host, from a unique material, and with a premium module though... that's a whole other ball game. Kind of like comparing people who buy a camry to those that buy a maserati.

Last edited:
OOPs- that was what you wrote-- my bad, G.

Not sure if there is much of a diff between weather resistant and weatherproof.

Or, for that matter what 'weatherproof' even means...
The old timey flashlight I was referring to rarely get used as hosts- tho I have seen some done Steam-punk style- the ones I had there was a button for momentary and a slider switch for constant 'on'- inside there was copper strips that made contact and no 'clicking' of any kind.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@ Hakzaw1,
Regarding the sharp edges on the crown -
You may be able to use a small dia. (1/4" or so) hone type stone with a fine grit, to gently remove the sharp edges. Or possibly, just some extra fine sandpaper (400-600) wrapped around something round, such as a dowel, or similar item.
The biggest danger, other than slipping and scratching the polished finish on the crown :(, would be getting dust & debris on & around the lens. I would definitely point the face down while attempting anything like this.
Personally, I'm one of the 50% who like them as they are. :)

Thanks BTGuy- check your rep!!

I E as always your input is great!! TY for all the kind words!! +rep will haave to wait while I do some spreading --lol

I am now restocked with Ti Bs-2.0
and three Pl-E 532 all way over 500 mW.
ready to ship-- now even more overspeck Ti Bs and with the bigger 16650 battery also in stock in Texas/ Fed Exing these and 26650 KingKongs- Samsung 18650s and a few DGL 16340s too- I have a thread on these in BS&T.

hak

Awesome Nice and beautifull Titanium Killer host,you must be very happy with it.
Have good Vibes.
Friendly,Olsqueak.