Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers Pro PL-E 473 - An In Depth Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much drama in the laser world lately.
And no need to be sorry hak , you're a busy man , the people understand.

Just kinda disappointed with JL that's all :(

Maybe I should stick with CNI .....

Last edited:

^^ could not agree more- none of the 532s were unfiltered so whay not the 473 and i looked at JL.org and nothing in the specs of EITHER about IR filtering- could the new Pro 532s also have no filter- I bet the do not as if they did the 473 surely would laso have one- I will be workinghard on a fix that does NOT involve sending back or work on our oart- maybe Garu can get threaded front lens covers drilled out and a filter glued over that hole- I am looking at one now and that seems to be the best and easiest fast fix- I will jump right on this-- rthe only downside is when addimng the new JL beam expanders as they too use this threaded hole up front- not too bad all things considered--

Very sorry that it was tested with ir filter leakage.

I confirmed with our department today - all the 473nm shipped were added with the ir filter - the first several 473nms we assembled in advance is with a new AR coating filtered we purchased -

Now the new AR Coating ir filter seems to have specs issues - is it okay for us to send you some pcs of old ir filter which prove to be good for further testing?

A few hours ago when i read about the post, we again tested two different ar coating filtered - the old one we used to employ for PL-E Pro 532nms proves to work a lot better in filtering the ir residuals from 473nm.

The following dozens of 473nms we shipped to people in and out of lpf were added with the old irfilter for PL-E Pro 532nms - which proves to work better so far. And we metered these lasers with a detector/probe with also an ir filter cap, so we didnot find the extra output increased by the ir leakage.

BTW, i am a bit confused by the testing ir power by the goggles - just wondering if the goggles can block all 473nm? Better test it with plus without the ir filter and see the output difference.

Our testing record is 40mW+ for 3 minutes, with ir filter attached in front of LPM probe - so it is kinda weird to see it drop to only 20mW................

DEEP APOLOGIES!
Gray

Last edited:
40mW-50mW IR leak from a 473nm? Isn't that rather high for a DPSS 473nm? Anyway... glad to know the issue is being resolved... any idea when the replacement filters will be sent out? Thanks

IsaacT

The goggles are ones I got from yall back when I got got my Jetlasers Ti-A. There is zero 473 that makes it through because even a half a mW would be visible. When the 473 is blocked, the output drops from 60-70mW to 45mW. So doing the math the IR that gets absorbed or reflected by the goggles added to the 473 output cannot exceed 70mW.

Hope that explains it. Thanks,
Isaac

While the goggle method does work a little better way would be to place a known good quality IR filter in front and see the mW drop if any.

The good news is that Gray is very willing to do what it takes to solve this asap.
If the specs had contained 'IR filtered' for both wavelenghts of DPSS Pros at JL.org . I would have no assumed incorrectly that none was used. Gray is also addressing that for us.

Gray is already working on a solution and very soon all will be fixed.

Since i now have an extra threaded lens cap i will go ahead and make a IR filter from it and see how well that works-

Hak

Last edited:
I deleted my neg comments about laserglow and warn- i have never owned any of thier products and it was very unfair of me to do that, even in anger.
And being in extreme pain when I wrote that is no excuse.

I have left their prices there as that is what they want ATM,

hk

I deleted my neg comments about laserglow and warn- i have never owned any of thier products and it was very unfair of me to do that, even in anger.
And being in extreme pain when I wrote that is no excuse.

I have left their prices there as that is what they want ATM,

hk

I heard it has something to do with your back.

Hope its not a herniated disc of something serious ...
My father had those a few years back , that changed him... now he's grumpy 24/7 and nothing ever pleases him ... he even gave up his radios ..

Get well soon eh?

Glad everything is being sorted out, goes to show the quality customer service both Hak, Gray and Jetlasers as a company provide :beer:

+1

when it lets me :)

IsaacT

Hello, I just want to update everyone. Gray/Jetlasers has contacted me and this issue has been resolved for me. I am overly satisfied with the resolution and I know Gray/Hakzaw1 is working to come up with a solution for the IR leakage which will fix this kink in their product. My faith in Jetlasers is intact and I look forward to buying lasers again from them in the future. I am going to get a mod to close this thread, but if anyone has any concerns about buying a Jetlasers product they can feel free to contact me via PM with any questions. There is also a Jetlasers Owners group I would recommend joining to see who all has owned or is planning to own a Jetlasers product.

Thanks,
Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.