Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-C 600mW Green Laser 532nm - 1.2W Peak!

Well, this is my first review here on LPF. English is not my first language so please take it easy guys. :) I did read a lot of reviews here, and liked the format of some of these reviews. :) And sorry for the pics, I must confess I took these in a hurry, just point and shoot in the auto mode.

Got my Jetlasers 600mW 532nm today.
Here are the laser specs from the Jetlasers site:

Wavelenght: 532nm
Host size: Φ38x200mm
Output Power: >600Mw
Transverse Mode: TEM00
Beam Divergence: 0.8-1.2mrad; Adjustable; Customizable
Beam Diameter: 1.2 mm @ aperture; Adjustable; Customizable
Switch: Push button

What I found out:

Output Power: >870Mw with a little over 1.2W peak.
Transverse Mode: near TEM00 with mode hopping to TEM01
Beam Divergence: Didn't measure it but is very good. 1.2mrad seems true.
Beam Diameter: I got a little over 1.2mm more like 1.5 mm

My collection is all about beam visibility, so I look for high powered lasers, but all handheld, so I looked for a high power green, so I saw the jetlasers GB and since I don't live in US (the GB was US only) I contacted Jetlasers directly. After some e-mails with Gray I buyed the 600mW version. It was fast to ship and fast to arrive in Brazil, but DHL screwed and lost the cargo manifesto and this delayed the delivery for almost 20 days. But not Jetlasers fault of course.

The package:

The box that laser came is a generic laser box with a code and a serial number, itens included were:

- PL-C Laser
- Charger
- Small Safety Key
- Small Safety rear Pin

boxzx.jpg

The PL-C Host:

It is a standard PL-C host with ajustable focus, it feels very solid and balanced. I don't like the adjustable focus, it is just too tight and every time I try to ajust the focus I accidentally close the "aperture". But it is the only thing I didn't like this laser, but I think won't bother others.

The nails doesn't look so flashy as in this pic. :D
host1t.jpg

host2.jpg

host3r.jpg

host7.jpg

The duty cicle:
I didn't go over 3 minutes because the host gets warm. Jetlasers told me 5 minutes of duty cicle.

The Beam:

Well, the beam itselft is very visible, way more visible than my 2W 445nm, its even visible in a full lit room. But it is not TEM00, what it is expected from a laser with this high output, its near TEM00 with some mode-hopping to TEM001, and its not perfect round, more an ellipse. The beam diameter is kinda thick but not near as thick as 445nm, and the brightness of the dot is something that amazes me every time I turn it on. Now I can only dream with a 1W 589nm :p

The beam dot:
beam2.jpg

Closer look:
beam1.jpg

Beam shots:
beam4.jpg

beamdot.jpg

This wall the laser is shinning is over 300 feet and even at 300 feet it lits everything around, its amazing. :)
beamwall.jpg

Laser Power Meter:

I used a NOSPIN LPM with Ophir Head to test this laser output. First I didn't know if this laser had or not IR Filter, but Gray from jetlasers and others told me that it had. I tested if it had or not IR Filter with a 473nm IR Filter that I have, the results didn't changed. I also tested the laser trought googles and the results were 0mW.

Peak:
jetlasers.jpg

And 3 minute runtime:
23k9raf.jpg

Burning Power:

Well, I'm not really into the burning thing. This laser will burn very easily trought CD Cases and Cardbox Paper.
Made a burning video: Laser versus CD Case:

Bonus PIC, my little girl (9 months old) holding the laser with my marine aquarium in the background. :) Its of course without battery, safety key and pin. All my lasers are locked in a safe here.
girl1ts.jpg

Last Impressions:

I just loved this laser, it is so bright and its is overspec. The fact is that I was surprised with the overall very good quality of this laser. I also can recommend jetlasers as an overall buying experience. Next time I want FEDEX.

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:

Re: Jetlasers 600mW 532nm - 1.2W Peak

Nice review! Especially for your first.. cute baby too!

For a 600mW laser, that thing screams.. I read in a different thread where you said that your output stays similar even after you put an IR filter in front of it. Impressive..

Be Safe!

Kevlar

WOW!! That is a sweet laser you got there!!

Very good review. You a building up quite a collection too!!

BTW, nice saltwater tank and your daughter is beautiful as well. Mine girls are 4 and 6, no way I'm giving my lasers!!! They're are not safeties on mine!!!

Good job. +1.

Excellant review and great photos as well -- good job and Thanks for sharing +rep

hak

ZapU

Re: Jetlasers PL-C 600mW 532nm - 1.2W Peak

I want one of those. :san:
+1

Although you said English is not your first language, you did better than most of us English speaking members. Well done and a great review too. +rep for you.

Nice laser and reivew! Your daughter is cute and I like your marine tank, I also have a tank, but I am down to 1 puffer. When the puffer dies I am turning it into a terrarium.

DJNY

Good job! Are you going to paint the laser like your fingernails?

TTerbo

oh yeah, i forgot about those, probably because they arnt painted fluro pink or green :p

PM Gray at JETL for a metering of those in stock and a price- the GBs are filling up fast now that we have good faith in Gray- the limit is 13 lasers for this-(10 possible openings atm) Gray will quote you a price on your choice- fwd that to me to get on the list. Total for shipping is 33$ with all the trimmings(MMMMM trimmings!!!) DO NOT PP until asked to do so.
More details in the GB thread.
PM me diectly with questions not answered there.

btw Regina is afaik OKay with this thread jack-we are freinds!!!

thanks girlfriend!!!!
no doubt you are the number one female LPF member!!

ped

Youve taken my 532nm crown for a handheld :)

Well done +1

Just made a video of this laser versus a CD case showing that this laser can do serious burning. As I said I'm not into burning but I made this video anyway, and it is my first youtube laser video. :) Watch in HD if possible.

Enjoy:

Cheers!

Last edited: