Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers 532nm 150mW Green Titanium Laser

So I received my Jetlasers 150mW Titanium Green Laser Pointer a few weeks ago, just haven't got around to posting a review.

To start with, it's my first high power laser so I think it's awesome.
It projects a fairly visible green beam to about 1 - 1.5km.. and a very visible green dot to over 3km. I don't know anything about beam divergence and all that.
One thing that is weird about this laser is that after the battery has lost a bit of charge, if you push the button harder, the laser gets brighter and vice versa.
I read that if you use batteries with a higher mAh it wont do this because it will have a more steady output power?

It came with an extension tube incase you have no 3.7v AAA, this means you can use two 1.5v AAA's but with less power obviously. It has a lock on the lid.

All in all i'm pretty pleased with this laser, it has a really really solid host and just looks cool! :) please give me info on the 'button' situation and we can discuss it.

I've basically fallen in love, many more awesome lasers to come. Give me suggestions on what I should buy next.. I'm looking at something in the >500mw range, Probably blue or violet.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.15.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.15.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 302
  • Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.11.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.11.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 428
  • Photo on 2011-09-19 at 18.47 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-19 at 18.47 #3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo on 2011-09-19 at 18.48.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-19 at 18.48.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo on 2011-09-08 at 23.41.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-08 at 23.41.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.10.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-09 at 14.10.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Sorry about the pictures of the beam being really shotty, it is far far brighter than that, i took the pictures with my iMac webcam.

Nice laser dude, good choice on a first laser... Jetlasers is a great company, i say stick with them! the general rule is if you want a laser twice and bright you need four times the mw, blue or violet isn't as bright as green, if your thinking about getting one of the two though id go with a nice 445nm/blue.

Be sure to get some safety glasses though dude, im not just saying it because everyone else on the forum says it, you really do need them man, you only get one pair of eyes :)

Nice pictures and that looks like a sweet little laser, remember to put your reviews in the REVIEWS section! :beer:

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely need a pair of goggles, using it inside the dot is too bright to look at, gives me a headache. Could only imagine what would happen if the beam went directly into the eye.

Post some links of nice blue lasers or even maybe red!

I love green but I think I'll regret it if I get the same colour again before getting a different colour. The jetlasers 1100mW blue laser on greenlaserpointer.org for $200 looks pretty appealing!

Any idea why it gets brighter when i push the button harder?

try not to push the button "harder" for it may break the button
i think this happens because of something to do with the contacts?
or maybe its just the nature of buttons (i had a new wish pen that did the same thing)

Yeah i try not to, it only happens when the battery is starting to die.
Ive found 1200 mAh 3.7v AAA's on ebay for bugger all!

your batteries are probably just running out of juice
nothing you should really worry about unless you are the nit pick type ;)

I found out what it is. The grey external rubber button can be pulled out, you can then see the actual button, it isnt pointing straight at the hole in the titanium.. it's on an angle so the button isnt pushing directly down on it. a little bit dodgey.

Yeah I definitely need a pair of goggles, using it inside the dot is too bright to look at, gives me a headache. Could only imagine what would happen if the beam went directly into the eye.

Post some links of nice blue lasers or even maybe red!

I love green but I think I'll regret it if I get the same colour again before getting a different colour. The jetlasers 1100mW blue laser on greenlaserpointer.org for $200 looks pretty appealing!

Any idea why it gets brighter when i push the button harder?

I am not sure but that site looks like just a drop shipper that sells JETLASERS- most of the prices I see there are higher too.

I do see that for the higher priced ones a battery is included which may just come around to bite you on the ass- why make it easy for customs to turn it on and seize it.:yabbmad:

Repair would take longer as they would need to send it to JETL for a fix and then back to you. Chck the prices in the JETLASER GB #6 post #2 before you send away your money.:whistle:

I never heard anything bad about greenlaser. org or anything good either.:yabbmad:

I will check them out with Gray at JETL.:D

hak

JETLASERS.Com to deal with the maker.

greenlaserpointer.org to go thru the dropshipper.

If in your OP the included battery is worth the added risk of seizure go for it, but it may, in the end, be better to deal with GRAY.

YOU CHOOSE