Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob VS. LarryFDFW AR lens VS. Aixiz standards

Re: Jayrob VS. LarryFDFW AR lens VS. Aixiz standar

I knew this was going to flame LOL. I cant wait for Igor to jump in the pool.

Milos

Benm said:
To make fair comparisons, i think its important to take measurements both at close range focus and at infinity focus. Especially the opened aperatures show differences here - which can be very important at close range, but of no meaning when focussing at infinite for lightshows, pointing and such.

good point.

Although, now that i see Larry has opened up back of his lens assembly, this test will perhaps not be needed.

btw, Can you tell us Larry how is lens attached with this wide open back construction? Is it epoxied? If yes, is the glue heat resistant over 300F? I see its clear so I'm curious weather its special glue for hot environment.

thanks

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
I knew this was going to flame LOL. I cant wait for Igor to jump in the pool.

Why? If a flamewar is coming you shouldn't do anything to enable it.

Also, I'm pretty sure jayrob will not start a flamewar so no need to worry. This is Milos' neutral thread ;)

We have a new competitor - oh the irony if it was the best lens. It is from O-like, and comes with a module, but the lens fits aixiz:
http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=980

Its also half the price

Anyone up for a test?

Milos

I knew it was matter of time. I am ALL OVER Aixiz pressuring them to start selling the same every week. Even had my wife call and request. Last thing i heard was that its coming very soon!

i am very curious what beam specs and light transmission efficiency they have.

Should be interesting, and a lot cheaper than the ones you tested. I can't wait!

I have been testing many lenses for several months (about 14 at last count).

Danjoo and I have had several threads exchanging information starting in January 09.

Danjoo said:
The new lens from l!ghtpath has arrived. :)
I hope i found some time to test soon.

And to mount, is just 6.35mm lens without lensnut.

DAniel

My Reply, was to use the Aixiz glass lens, since the 6.325mm is the same as the new BR lens:
LarryDFW said:
Daniel;

The brass Aixiz lens would be a good inexpensive host for your new lens.

They have a internal threaded lens mount.

I just bought some for the bare lenses I have on order.

Larry DFW

This was long before Jay posted his modification of the lens nut.

I also have a question for Jay:

Did you post on LPF that you did NOT intend to sell these new lenses, and then edit that statement out of your lens mounting thread ?

Larry DFW

P. S. The O'Like module I saw included an Aixiz 3-element glass lens
The web page states [highlight]20% power loss vs. 3% for Hi-Power Lens [/highlight]

You know... It's like whimpering children....looks like this will never stop.. :'(

I've already bought a 405nm lens assembly from Jayrob...
I just bought a 405nm Lens assembly with module from Susie...
Now I'm going to contact LarryDFW to buy a 405nm lens assembly
from him...

Once I get then all here I'm going to take them all apart... with picture
all the way... and I'll be able to actually see if they are exact copies
of Jayrobs lens assembly as Jayrob seems to thinks... :cool:

maybe I'll come up with a new 405nm lens design.... ::)

I'll get back to you on that.... BTW... I've found a supplier of the same
405 lenses that will not be divulged... There may be a tiger in your midst...

@Milos... you did a great job on testing these lenses... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jerry

jayrob

LarryDFW said:
I also have a question for Jay:

Did you post on LPF that you did NOT intend to sell these new lenses, and then edit that statement out of your lens mounting thread ?

Larry DFW

When I first showed my lens mount, I was not selling. I do this with most of my modifications to see if there is interest. My first sale and announcement to start selling this modification was March 9th. In my first thread shown above. (the thread you started posting in the following day)

So it sounds like you are now saying that you were planning the same thing, but that I just beat you to it by a week and a half. (3/9 vs 3/20)

As I have said, I have no Patent or anything. And there is nothing I can do. But the fact remains, I did beat you to it...

And if that's the way you want to be, nobody can really stop you. I will not be bringing this up all the time. It's not my style to be arguing in the forum. I just needed to get this off of my chest. And everybody should know the facts.

But if I know something, or have an opinion on how the lens performs, and you are 'vaguely' answering to let people think that maybe it has no splash, or gives more power for red than Meredith glass (as you have done these things), then of course I will post my opinion and my testing results. Since I have tested and compared all of the normally available lenses. Including the new broad band glass lens from Meredith...

... And I am very forthright and honest about the results.

lasersbee, just to clarify, I do not know what Susie's is, and have not claimed that I think it is the same as mine.
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob said:
lasersbee, just to clarify, I do not know what Susie's is, and have not claimed that I think it is the same as mine.

I never said it was the same as yours.... :cool:
It will just be another reference point in methods of mounting a lens..
into a threaded lens nut... IMO

Jerry

Milos;

The lens is attached with a top quality clear two-part epoxy.

The manufacturer assures me that it will withstand 250° F.

I have used it to mount Cree 3W UV Leds under high heat conditions.

Try the lens on those 1 Watt LD's you just got to play with.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

jake21

here is few pics of the lens i got from LarryDFW a while back and i placed it in a plastic lens and made a lil holder for it as u can see in the pic.....the dot gets very small and really no splash and looks nice fare away as well :cool:

Milos

Thanks Jerry, I hope to test 3 more lenses in near future (that would include Igor's !!) and then we will have some more competitive market, with hopefully lower prices  ;)

interesting Jake. Be careful with glue melting with longer periods of ON time. Things can get warm and even leak with improper adhesives.

you have no splash ? can you tell us power output without lens and with this lens assembly? Also, diameter of the hole on the back?

thanks

jake21 said:
here is few pics of the lens i got from LarryDFW a while back and i placed it in a plastic lens and made a lil holder for it as u can see in the pic.....the dot gets very small and really no splash and looks nice fare away as well  :cool:

Its hard to tell will the lights on. Please take another with the lights off...

jayrob

Just to let everybody know...

I have just lowered the price on my 405-G-1 glass lens modification as well as my Meredith Glass fit for AixiZ lens modification! :)

Nothing will change about my method. Except that my custom spacer/retainer will be machined from brass for the 405-G-1 mods. (Still aluminum for the Meredith mod)

New prices: (complete assembly with focus ring, ready to install)
405-G-1 glass lens mod - $55 (bare lenses - $30)
Meredith glass fit for AixiZ - $57
Plus $3 dollars shipping...

Sorry to all who previously ordered, but I just bought new stock, and I got a break on quantity. ($5 dollars less per lens on the 405-G-1. And $3 dollars per lens on the Meredith)

This break is handed down to you! :)
Jay

::) I thought this was reviews..not sales. Its getting old Jay.... :(