Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob 2d Mag All Options 3W

Well Jayrobs kits were one of the first I saw on this site when I originally got here. Tax return showed up and I decided to go all in on the 2D Mag, Hot option with all add ons.

For those of you wanting this kit please follow the link Here

The kit arrived quickly in the mail and came with everything you need(minus the diode and module) He also included the original flashlight parts. I purchased batteries and a charger as well.

Heatsink is huge. Which is nice because its for a 9mm running at 2.1A

Flexmod is heatsinked to the inside of the host just in front of the voltage monitor.

Tailcap mod with keyswitch. "Arms" the laser and activates voltage monitoring circuit.

Diode is a 9mm from the Bloompyle GB and the Lens is a spare DTR had rolling around.

This build was as simple as + - plus some heatshrink and you're ready to go!

Heatsink fits nice and tight with absolutely no rattle or wiggle room.

Batteries installed with the voltage monitor on. Laser is "armed" LED is bright blue. Indicating a full charge on the batteries. This thing is HEAVY. :)

Don't forget your damn glasses people! (Ophir hasnt equalized yet, it was sitting under a desk lamp and I was too impatient to wait for it to zero)

On the LPM :)

Peregrine 30 second run. Do I need to average in 3W to be in the "3W club"? haha.

Overall I love the quality of this build and how easy it was to finish. I recommend Jayrob to anyone looking for a quality host. He has many options to choose from.

Thanks for looking!

Speedy

daguin

Nicely done :D

Jayrob has some of the sweetest hosts and kits available

Peace,
dave

what was the total "damage" of the host, hot option, batteries and everything from jayrob? was thinking of doing this same exact build but debating over the FlexModP3 and X-Driver and then which batteries to go with it. was actually going to PM him later about this but since you have one and did a build i can ask you first :p

tumblr_lwy2smyX8H1r5xs0co1_250.gif

ARG

Nice build! I really like the maglites, they feel really sturdy.

Over 300$ is about what I would expect for the kit, it's got all the bells and whistles, I love the cell monitor :D

the price makes sense but if i did it i probably wouldnt get the key lock or the monitor, although its nice to have ill just charge my batteries often :) . those the $55 batteries as well? i cant find those batteries in 3.7-4.2v anywhere so jayrob might be the best place to get them. what are you going to use for a cycle? i know jayrob suggests 1-2 minutes but i dont see why you cant get longer, right?

It all depends on how hot youre running it. I dont need long duty cycles for what I usualy do so 30 sec on is long enough and kewps things cool.

the price makes sense but if i did it i probably wouldnt get the key lock or the monitor, although its nice to have ill just charge my batteries often :) . those the $55 batteries as well? i cant find those batteries in 3.7-4.2v anywhere so jayrob might be the best place to get them. what are you going to use for a cycle? i know jayrob suggests 1-2 minutes but i dont see why you cant get longer, right?

you can get these here https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ng-32600-37v-5000mah-rechargeable-li-ion-batt but i'm sure there not as good quality but a good price. there also currently sold out.

jayrob

Those are KD 6000mAh 32650 cells that I stock for $22 each. (not using the Feilong cells at the moment - they dropped in quality)

The KD cells are good cells and worth the price. You can get them for a few bucks cheaper from KD, or I stock them for immediate U.S. shipping...

Speedy78, glad you like the kit!

Using the X-Drive buck driver from Lazeerer is one of the best set ups. Very efficient. Better than the linear P3 in my opinion. (P3 is not available at this time anyway)

Thanks for the review and link... +rep

Last edited: