Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JAKE21 Review

rebman

So I got my red burner from jake yesterday, and I must say... I am impressed, it works great burns all kinds of things. It's really a great laser. This is my first review, and I don't know what else to say. I got the laser really quick, it looks good, solder joints are nice, and it works!

GOOD DEAL!

Pics:
--beamshot soon--
IMG_0214.jpg

jake21

this might be his first laser and ur asking him to take it apart just for u to make a point lol

yeah, rebman, if your not fimilar with putting it back together, i suggest not taking it apart unless it stops working. I took apart a working bluray leadlight, and now i blew the diode. be careful what you do.

well if he didnt already how does he know what the solder joints look like? look at the first post. he clearly stated the "solder joints look good." was that a lie? edit:he said "solder joints are nice..."

daguin

It is rarely a good idea to disassemble a working laser. If you want to learn about them, I recommend you buy the parts and put one together from the start.

Peace,
dave

rebman

No, I took it apart already.

I just gotta upload the pics then.

I am waiting to get a nice beamshot also

One of the reasons I stopped selling lasers was that I would never be sure if that first PM to say thanks for the laser....but it doesn't work.... was down to it not working when it arrived or not working as it was taken apart within minutes of its arrival.

Regards rog8811

daguin

rog8811 said:
One of the reasons I stopped selling lasers was that I would never be sure if that first PM to say thanks for the laser....but it doesn't work.... was down to it not working when it arrived or not working as it was taken apart within minutes of its arrival.

Regards rog8811

This is the main reason I am still clearing out stock.  I got tired of getting a laser returned for warranty work, that "never even lit once" returned with the wiring all twisted up and the driver broken off of the diode or the pot turned up to 240mA for a PHR diode.

Almost done ;)

Peace,
dave

yeah, i took apart one of your lasers dave!!!! hahaha, it was a great experience, but in the end I broke the whole thing. I, though, understand when to return something and when not to. in this case, any idiot would know it shouldnt be covered by any warranty made by the seller, however kind he may be!!!

daguin

Swordofsalvation said:
yeah, i took apart one of your lasers dave!!!! hahaha, it was a great experience, but in the end I broke the whole thing. I, though, understand when to return something and when not to. in this case, any idiot would know it shouldnt be covered by any warranty made by the seller, however kind he may be!!!

Yeah, but you willingly paid for your education ;) Even though I disagreed with the process. I respect your taking responsibility for your own life.

Too many out there think that since we sell lasers, we must be rich. Either that or their character is soooooo poor that they think the world owes them something.

Peace,
dave

IMO if jake ever wants to be known as a reliable builder then he'll have to suck it up and let someone review the guts of his lasers and his workmanship. from what ive seen his solder joints are dirty as can be and i wouldnt waste my money ever buying anything from him that wasnt pre-made(before he got to it...). im going to invest in a bottle of loctite and some warranty stickers for my builds b/c i know what the insides look like...

p.s. if any trusted members every want to review my builds the feel free to send me a message...

jake21

well when i get my sleds in ill build one just like this.... but i will not send it to u drew because my luck u will f it up just to make me look bad  :p

EDIT:i got ur dt8011 sled in talk about messed up  :mad: hell both of the diodes was not contacted to the sled and bouncing around