Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's me again. :-)

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm back -- in a rather minimal capacity anyway.

I fell prey to a crippling stroke on 03-21-22; and due to circumstances beyond my control, I lost everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING that I owned; this included all of my computers, test instruments, cameras, flashlights, lasers -- I mean everything.

I cannot access my existing account here because the computer hosting my login credentials was destroyed by a paranoid (but well-meaning) relative on 05-15-22.

My websites can no longer be updated and eventually will go completely to pot.

Testing and measuring lasers is therefore no longer possible.
I do have a 488nm directly-injected diode laser in a 2xAAA cell "pen-style" case (something that I snagged off Ebay last August, but I have no way of taking any measurements.

But I'm still capable of answering questions.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I don't know what to say to this. You lost everything you owned? What happened? Is there anything we can do for you? I can at least ask Avery to give you access to your old account but man this is a heavy loss. Maybe we can start a go fund me page or something?

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Thank you for your condolences; but you would have to have had to drive to Fresno *AND* Shelton WA in order to save everything. :/

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I don't know what to say to this. You lost everything you owned? What happened? Is there anything we can do for you? I can at least ask Avery to give you access to your old account but man this is a heavy loss. Maybe we can start a go fund me page or something?
Yeah everything and I do mean EVERYTHING!!!
Clothes, shoes, medications, flashlights, radios, spectrometers, DMMs, digital thermometers, watches, Christmas lights, lasers, you name it.
Everything that I owned was destroyed by a paranoid (but well-meaning) relative on 05-15-22 while I was still at the nursing home.

Due to the severity of my stroke, I can no longer live on my own; my sister is adamant that I cannot have any test equipment here living with her.

A Go Fund Me page might indeed be a good place to start here. :cool:
I no longer have a bank account or ID, so I'm uncertain how the funds would be disbursed to me.
I'm not certain what else would be appropriate.

And yes, if you could contact Avery about my accessing my old account, that would be great thanks!!! :D

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm sorry but how can your unnamed relative be well-meaning when being the reason your stuff got destroyed???

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you for your condolences; but you would have to have had to drive to Fresno *AND* Shelton WA in order to save everything. :/
I have a place up in Hoodsport so I'm up in Shelton alla time. And Fresno ain't that far. Is there anything we can do to help?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back to the forums, that really sucks to hear what happened too all your stuff. Hopefully we can at least get your old account back. I've been reading you website since the very early 2000s and love your reviews. Helped me choose my first 5mW green laser pointer way back in like 2003 when I was 15.

Hopefully there is at least some way to save the website. That would be a huge loss to the hobby if it went.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Welcome back to the forums, that really sucks to hear what happened too all your stuff. Hopefully we can at least get your old account back. I've been reading you website since the very early 2000s and love your reviews. Helped me choose my first 5mW green laser pointer way back in like 2003 when I was 15.

Hopefully there is at least some way to save the website. That would be a huge loss to the hobby if it went.
Thank you for the welcome back!!! :cool:
As far as rescuing my website, The Wayback Machine at archive.org may be of use here: (I don't have enough posts here to post a link).

The date was correct but the internal links don't appear newer than 02-06-20. :mad:

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm back -- in a rather minimal capacity anyway.

I fell prey to a crippling stroke on 03-21-22; and due to circumstances beyond my control, I lost everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING that I owned; this included all of my computers, test instruments, cameras, flashlights, lasers -- I mean everything.

I cannot access my existing account here because the computer hosting my login credentials was destroyed by a paranoid (but well-meaning) relative on 05-15-22.

My websites can no longer be updated and eventually will go completely to pot.

Testing and measuring lasers is therefore no longer possible.
I do have a 488nm directly-injected diode laser in a 2xAAA cell "pen-style" case (something that I snagged off Ebay last August, but I have no way of taking any measurements.

But I'm still capable of answering questions.
I did not mean to laugh--clicked the wrong one-- VERY SORRY to hear what happened to you. have followed you for years-- one of our very best here. If I can help let me know -- I can send you a LPM__ if that will help.. Len

same here-- we all need to step up and help.. he has been a huge asset to LPF and all of us.. Avery will help with this I know.

Last edited:

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I did not mean to laugh--clicked the wrong one-- VERY SORRY to hear what happened to you. have followed you for years-- one of our very best here. If I can help let me know -- I can send you a LPM__ if that will help.. Len
Hey Len,

An LPM would be extremely kool, thank you!!! :cool:
Let me go see if I can PM you my address...:)

(Message sent)

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I've been thinking about the fundraiser and I was thinking that you post your paypal address in a newly made donation thread and I sticky that thread. Whoever wants to donate can just do so directly and leave a message that they did so. What do you guys think?