Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this green laser good?

Im going to buy a new 200mW green laser exactly like the one here
Laser Pointer | Products | 200mw.

But im not going to buy it online.Instead I buy it from my local retailer.:p

So,what do you guys think?
Can this laser burn a match or burn cigarette?:gun:
Coz,I want to buy this laser for burning purpose and for show off purpose.:san:
Is the beam light is much more visible than the 50mW green laser one?
I have the 50mW now...But I dont know the diff since I never own green laser 200mW before.And my 50mW cant even make my skin feel hotter..

UPDATE:
I found a short video on youtube about this green laser.Take a look.
YouTube - 200mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black

Is it look under specs to you guys?:thinking:

Last edited:

if it really is putting out 200mw it will light at match. and pop balloons. it probably won't light a cig. i couldn't find any reviews of that specific laser though. you can check out the green section here and i am sure you could find a much better laser at a similar or better price.

michael.

ok then,how about the beam visibility?Do you think that the 200mw will much more visible than the 50mW one.Like the 200mW are visible under lighted room?

yes if it is out putting 200mw, in a dimmly lit room you will see the beam. my 90mw green can be seen in a day lit room with the wooden blinds closed. and it can pop balloons.

michael

I highly doubt that that is a true 200mW laser. There is no way with a pen that size. Also a 50mW pen should sting your hand, it sounds like that one is underspec too.

I suggest you buy elsewhere unless the price is good, because that laser is most likely underspec.

Ash

" but not those cheap crappy ones"
Do you mean the one that from the site I gave?
Yes. That site is lying. The laser can not put out 200mW from only 250mA current:
Working Current:I<250mA.
This tells me that the laser is probably a 40mW-60m. This is why we don't trust sellers that don't have their information correct.
Also they indicate that it uses a green diode. Impossible.
Green Laser Diode (no such thing as a green diode, it is 808nm -> 1064nm ->532nm)
Do not trust a seller that lies, or doesn't have the correct information.
You would be paying $150 for something that is only worth $25.

Good luck with that. :thinking:

Yes. That site is lying. The laser can not put out 200mW from only 250mA current:
This tells me that the laser is probably a 40mW-60m. This is why we don't trust sellers that don't have their information correct.
Green Laser Diode (no such thing as a green diode, it is 808nm -> 1064nm ->532nm)

Thank you for that information.Although I said that the laser was exactly like the one on the site,it may not the same item that were sell at the retailer shop at my place.Also I said same as on the site because the casing on my 50mW green laser got "laser pointer" word.But my laser doesn't have silver ring on the middle of the laser body as the one in the site the have the silver ring.

Since I had bought a 50mW green laser from the retailer shop I mention,I know that they sell a "true" laser.My 50mW rated green laser are exactly outputted power 50mW/I think so:thinking:.And I can say so because the laser's beam are very noticeable at dark place without smoke or dust.That means the beam are really bright.

So I doubt the other laser(the 200mW one) from the retailer shop at my place are underspec@non genuine. :beer:

Last edited:
Yes that's what he meant

Thank you for that information.Although I said that the laser was exactly like the one on the site,it may not the same item that were sell at the retailer shop at my place.Also I said same as on the site because the casing on my 50mW green laser got "laser pointer" word.But my laser doesn't have silver ring on the middle of the laser body as the one in the site the have the silver ring.

Since I had bought a 50mW green laser from the retailer shop I mention,I know that they sell a "true" laser.My 50mW rated green laser are exactly outputted power 50mW/I think so:thinking:.And I can say so because the laser's beam are very noticeable at dark place without smoke or dust.That means the beam are really bright.

So I doubt the other laser(the 200mW one) from the retailer shop at my place are underspec@non genuine. :beer:

NO That doesnt mean anything, unless you own or have access to a laser power meter, and tested your laser, that thing could be outputting anywhere from <5mW up to >50mW. You cannot just look at the beam and say its up to spec, you have to test it. Even 5mW would look bright to you if you havent seen any other greens. My point originally was that if you want 200mW in a pen you have to spend hundreds of dollars on it. Unless it is a high quality CNI or opto ect. If not then it is just more underspec overpriced misadveritsed crap

Last edited:

actually there are green diodes. just not available for the hobbist

michael

actually there are green diodes. just not available for the hobbist

michael

Well, if the hobbyist were to put out the $ one could be gotten, but I dont *think* they have green diodes at 532nm yet, though I could be wrong, as technology improves overnight.

I don't think that there are 532nm diodes, and for that matter I don't think anybody could buy a green diode. IIRC they are still at the experimental stage.