Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is there any HANDHELD LASER thats a 2W? (405nm-473nm)

MojoLA

I think the ability for someone to safely own a high power laser is directly proportional to how many "lol," "rofl" and :p characters are in their posts.

Lol, i think people take lasers too serious, reallym i dont see anything to be afraid of..... The highest power ive seen, 5mW ROFL...

but anyways ill look into it more and check stuff out.. thx.

Wow... you haven't a clue as to how serious the consequences would be from what people are trying to warn you about, do you? "LOL" , "ROFL" ??

You're a laser-uneducated newb and you want a 2W handheld... Stevie Wonder just rolled his eyes and he almost never does that

Haaaa daneflex n1.. I'm an outgoing type, not always serious yet know when to be serious and know when to joke. Really.. Burning paper from far away doesn't really scare me even wood. I'm the type who isnt very moved by much. Not easily scared, motivated, nor excited. You know... not like some emo kid though hah. N whats wrong with rofl and lol? What, too cool? Too old? hah.

Which is brighter - welding light, or laser light? I've stared at welding light for like 10ish-15ish secs and got yelled at lawl.. but eh.. which is brighter eh?

Toke

Which is brighter - welding light, or laser light? I've stared at welding light for like 10ish-15ish secs and got yelled at lawl.. but eh.. which is brighter eh?

There is a nice place called Wikipedia, it have pages on laser safety.
Reading up on it would help you to sound less like an idiot.

You won't be ready for a 2W handheld 445nm until you are an LPF veteran with an existing laser eye injury. Then don't look at the beam with your remaining good eye.

DrSid

Burning wood indeed is not scary. Looking at the process and irreversibly damaging your eyes without even knowing .. that is scary for me.

Haaaa daneflex n1.. I'm an outgoing type, not always serious yet know when to be serious and know when to joke. Really.. Burning paper from far away doesn't really scare me even wood. I'm the type who isnt very moved by much. Not easily scared, motivated, nor excited. You know... not like some emo kid though hah. N whats wrong with rofl and lol? What, too cool? Too old? hah.

Regardless of your personality, fearlessness and boldness - it only takes a second or 2 to blind even the bravest of people with a high powered laser.

What's wrong with "LOL" ROTFL"?

People are trying to help you understand how dangerous it is to 'play around with' what you're looking for - especially when you express interest in a 2W laser for 'public entertainment'. It's not a laughing matter. Nobody is trying to be mean to you (including me) but you must realize how uninformed you sound with your laser101 questions when it comes to what you're looking for..... and when your response to these warnings include 'LOL' and 'I'm brave' - as Toke said, you sound like an idiot.

We're not scared of high powered lasers, we're educated. Braveness & blindness are two entirely different things!

K first of all, you all can chill out. Im not a retard who has no sense of danger in lasers. I UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ---> LASERS ARE NOT FOR THOSE WITH LOW TO NO EXPERIENCE, you people don't have to be repetitive and act like im 13. If its so hard to answer a simple question as to, whats brighter.. laser or welding light? Dont answer it and move on, dont rage about how godly you are in experiences of lasers and how stupid i am compared to you in some diode that fires light thats fit into host with other components, and instead educate the noob, in this case me. I can brag all i want for how much i know about computers and how i can build any one i want according to what the user needs. Sweet, awesome, i know about computers, i wont rage at a kid who asks... Why are DDR2 processors faster than DDR(<--- total fail), i wont rage at them, but explain that DDR is with RAM not processors. How about trim down on attitude and treat me as you would to anyone on this site?

I never said i try to be brave, and junk like that. Blindness is something I've been stressing on half the response comments i've had, yet no one recognizes it and just blares pointless stuff. I am who i am, if you all seriously hate how im naturally not scared easily by a sick laser burning through wood or moved easily by them because when you saw it your first time your pair dropped, then i wont log on just to make you all happy seriously, if you wish. Trying to be nice but i get some off topic and down messages with "no offense" or "its truth" in them, when really thats just a weak not really meant comment but instead aimed for a cocky attitude.

Last edited:

jib77

But you act like 13. You obviously have not read any of the rules or stickies, otherwise you would be familiar with forum etiquette(i.e. not double posting) and why safety is not something to take lightly. Your refusal to do so and your liberal use of "LOL's" in inappropriate places are a reflection of your immaturity.

This is not the place to get information spoon-fed to you. Everything a noob needs to know has already been discussed ad nauseam.

I never said i try to be brave, and junk like that. Blindness is something I've been stressing on half the response comments i've had, yet no one recognizes it and just blares pointless stuff.
Blares pointless stuff? Your ignorance and stupidity is overwhelming. I was going to rest my case after reading that, but you continued...
I am who i am, if you all seriously hate how im
Nobody hates you.... You brought this on yourself when you repeated your stupid questions after being told to do some reading here. You're being defensive & projecting, it's not necessary.
...how im naturally not scared easily by a sick laser burning through wood or moved easily by them because when you saw it your first time your pair dropped, then i wont log on just to make you all happy seriously, if you wish.
Reverse guilt psychology doesn't work here. If you never logged on again the forum probably wouldn't change too much.
Trying to be nice but i get some off topic and down messages with "no offense" or "its truth" in them, when really thats just a weak not really meant comment but instead aimed for a cocky attitude.
We went off topic? I missed that part. Everyone who's taken the time to INFORM YOU about what you're looking for has given you warnings and 'do a little research first' for advice but you keep coming back with your 'ZOMG LAWLZ junk n stuff' replies that still makes you look like an idiot. I never came here to make enemies or fight but you're making that impossible.

As a certain and respected Tech_Junkie once said...... 'I'm done with this one'

Last edited:
Haha "Techno_Junkie". You might want to edit that Danefex or Tech_Junkie might sit on ya :p

Also please argue in a different thread. This one is too good to mess up with bickering. :beer:

Wattage is wattage
higher wavelength will burn more "reflective surfaces" I think, I heard that 10,000nm+ will burn glass but I have no experience with them.
Green will be the most visible during the day, blue is still vibrant at night.
if you only want a "burner" you can get the most bang for your buck by going 808nm but it is every bit as powerful as a brilliant beam greenie at 1W.
The difference is, the first indication you are doing damage is a crackling sound in your head. That is the sound of the juices against the back of your eye boiling.
I would recommend you never make/buy a laser over 500mW until you have made a few class 3a and b lasers first.
You say you aren't scared of stuff, me either.
I have chased a bear with a flashlight and a machette (no clothes though)
I have speared, eaten (and been chewed on by) sharks
I free climb vertical and inverted cliffs
I ride the sportbike at over 300km/h
These are just prominent examples but with the bear I was pissed off. The shark chewing on my leg I was laughing. The climbing, I'm having fun, and the bike....I'm probably getting away from the cops. At no point in any of this silly stuff have I EVER been scared but when it comes to a laser over 50mW (arbitrary number but it works for me) I am more careful than with a gun.
Give lasers the respect you would a machine gun, loaded, cocked, safety off.

Things

If its so hard to answer a simple question as to, whats brighter.. laser or welding light?

Which colour goes faster?

People have been trying to help you, but you seem so consistent on blabbering on about how "brave" you are and how you aren't scared of lasers, with a preceding LOL or ROFL or so.

See the link at the top of the page that says "Search", it'll make your life so much easier.

To answer your question, you can't compare laser light to welding light. 2 totally different circumstances. Just think of it like this. Look into a welder arc, you go temp blind for maybe a few minutes to an hour. Look into a high power laser, go blind permanently, instantly.

After reading this thread it just supports the idea that they need to have a common sense/IQ test to own a laser! :banghead:
Yes the pretty blue light from a welder is totally different from a laser, if your an idiot you can look at a welder arc and get a bad flash burn. A lasers light is so much more intense it will damage your eye sight, catch the reflection or a direct flash from a laser and you can go blind.

Ron White was right you can't fix stupid!

Last edited: