Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is the END of portable lasers nigh?

I disagree- read LPS.com some used blue lasers and besides there is no rule that allows lasing aircraft with lasers LESS than 5 mW- if the pilot can see it he is required to report if he sees it aimed at his aircraft its a more serious report and often ends in arrest.

Before Only lasers aimed at aircraft got reported and it went from a misdomeaner to a felony NOW its a FEDERAL OFFENCE- NO early release and the guy who got 14 years will serve EVERY day.
So you don't have to be aiming at aircraft to do all of us harm-

so even aiming at a tree in your back yard MAY get reported as a sighting.

best for now to just not lase outdoors at night - however I am thinking there are many less flights after midnight--

laserpointersafety.com

If you happen to see any members of this forum there -- best thing may be to report that to admin. I don't think that LPF is right for them.. IMO

OR send username to me & I will see that they get:

Attachments

• HAKZAWD PLATE.jpg
    HAKZAWD PLATE.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I disagree- read LPS.org some used blue lasers and besides there is no rule that allows lasing aircraft with lasers LESS than 5 mW- if the pilot can see it he is required to report if he sees it aimed at his aircraft its a more serious report and often ends in arrest.

Before Only lasers aimed at aircraft got reported and it went from a misdomeaner to a felony NOW its a FEDERAL OFFENCE- NO early release and the guy who got 14 years will serve EVERY day.

best for now to just not lase outdoors at night - however I am thinking there are many less flights after midnight--

laserpointersafety.org

If you happen to see any members of this forum there -- best thing may be to report that to admin. I don't think that LPF is right for them.. IMO

so basically the future is in indoor laser projectors and labbies and stuff then?
No more running about outdoors at night and pointing at the moon and cliffs and stuff.

Last edited:
I disagree- read LPS.org some used blue lasers and besides there is no rule that allows lasing aircraft with lasers LESS than 5 mW- if the pilot can see it he is required to report if he sees it aimed at his aircraft its a more serious report and often ends in arrest.

laserpointersafety.org

well i didnt mean the 5mw ones were ok to laze them with, i just meant most of the people dumb enough to laser a aircraft would not be the ones who managed to get a 200mw green or 3 w blue hopefully they know better but there still are a few. just saying that if all the big high power laser companies went away it prob wouldnt reduce the laser crimes as most of these are from kids who got one on ebay or office depot..

well i didnt mean the 5mw ones were ok to laze them with, i just meant most of the people dumb enough to laser a aircraft would not be the ones who managed to get a 200mw green or 3 w blue hopefully they know better but there still are a few. just saying that if all the big high power laser companies went away it prob wouldnt reduce the laser crimes as most of these are from kids who got one on ebay or office depot..

ehh... its not that hard to get a 200mW laser these days.
eBay is PACKED FULL of em and China is churning out 650nm 500mW range lasers and 532nm in the 100mW range by the truck load.

Getting a 3W is probably gonna be a bit tougher but considering how UTTERLY RETARDED kids are these days... I've pretty much lost all hope for the present generation now.

(was showing off my laser by the bay a while back , lend it to a teenager and the 1st thing he FUCKING DID was point it at a MOTHERFUCKING PLANE . Another time had my 532nm laser setup on a tripod pointed towards the moon and the 1st thing a little kid did when he saw it was RUNNING FUCKING HEAD FIRST INTO THE FUCKING BEAM and his parents was FUCKING LAUGHING THOSE RETARDS SHIUAHUDIOGBAHGIUAHhjsgouhgb)

Hopefully they will be able to regulate some kind of law that doesn't completely get rid of lasers in the future. Maybe an age restriction of some sort, I know that won't help much but it will help a percentage. It's sad we can't have nice things. Or if we are able to have nice things, there will always be kids or teenagers who enjoy going against the law.
There are many arguments against this but it's just like gun laws, there will always be people opposed for the safety of the world. We are paying people to take our freedom away.

Last edited:

upaa27

This is very disappointing to hear. With people shining lasers at planes to shooting soccer goalies to temporarily blind I mean :wtf: people. Lasers or some sort of particle beam technology is probably the weapons we will be using in 10-20 years. You don't see people running around popping off 9mms at planes to see "how far it goes."

Enough is enough kids. The old folk were once young and rebellious like you and probably learned the hard way. They are just passing on COMMON SENSE.

For some time now- at private parties etc whewn i have one or more hanhelds with me I do not hand them over very often-- and tire of explaining why I wont- so I did this a few times-- I said 'SURE' you can see it--and then i remove the safety pin from the tailcap or remove the battery- THEN when they ask why I did that...& I then have their attention and IF they can follow my 'rules' a may let them lase--
I say its a good idea to unload a gun before handing over and the same for any laser with power-
as far as kids or adults with a kid's brain i just refuse-- dont drink and drive ( or drink and use anything with a 'driver')--
hak

You don't see people running around popping off 9mms at planes to see "how far it goes."

BRB...

nope wont reach, at least not at cruising altitude. maybe needed to lead it more.

I KID!!!

I'm with hak, most people dont want to see my laser anymore when they learn it cant be shone with impunity

Sadly, there will always be immature kids, teens, and adults that don't care about the laws and don't care enough about the chance of getting arrested or blinding someone. These people will always be around, I've seen kids play with cheap 1mw lasers pointing them in each other's eyes to see how long they see streaks when they close their eyes. Those kids are going to grow up with no care for these kinds of precautions or care for others when it comes to lasers. There needs to be a better way then banning everything. Raising awareness helps, but I dont think that will help long term. If you tell someone not to shoot their 100mw laser they bought at a plane, they are going to want to, just to see how it looks.

Crap. I want to get a 671 and 532 in PGL-3-C from CNI still.

Laserglow, CNI and Dragon have held their price points through think and thin.
I do recall some 50%+ sales when Novalasers sold off some of their inventory.
Keep your eyes open. At some point companies may want to liquidate stock.

As far as using my portables outside, I only do it when my telescope is set up.
It makes for a reasonable justification if someone ever called the authorities.

We are gonna need someone in Mexico to start making DPSS laser modules and sending it over the border with all the coke and pot.
Cos getting DPSS modules made for hobbyists in the state side with the FDA thumping or EU with the EU stomping is pretty much impossible imo....

Last edited:
For some time now- at private parties etc whewn i have one or more hanhelds with me I do not hand them over very often-- and tire of explaining why I wont- so I did this a few times-- I said 'SURE' you can see it--and then i remove the safety pin from the tailcap or remove the battery- THEN when they ask why I did that...& I then have their attention and IF they can follow my 'rules' a may let them lase--
I say its a good idea to unload a gun before handing over and the same for any laser with power-
as far as kids or adults with a kid's brain i just refuse-- dont drink and drive ( or drink and use anything with a 'driver')--
hak

Look what happened to Tmack. He lost an eye because he handed a laser to his mate. I won't hand my lasers to anyone, I did it with someone I thought I could trust and he was a little too keen with it - nothing happened but it was not comfortable for me to not be in control of the beam.

Last edited: