Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is Lazerer still reliable?

Hey everyone! :yh:

Newbie here. I am planning on ordering my first "real" laser (other than a cheap green laser I got from one of those sketchy stores in Myrtle Beach). I've done plenty of research, and these forums are super-useful. However, I still can't find a site that seems very reliable.

I've seen plenty of posts of about Lazerer, where I think I'll order from, but most of the good ones I saw were outdated. The newer ones seem pretty iffy.

Does anyone have a recent experience with Lazerer to share? Both good and bad, please! Maybe particularly with the 100mW 532nm Classic series laser (the one I want)?

Thanks everyone in advance. Plus, thanks for all of you guys contributing to the forums. It's such a valuable resource for new laser users!

PS - If you don't think Lazerer is reliable anymore, I'm open to suggestions. Budget is about $80 for my first laser and I want 100mW green. :yh:

Oh, another PS - Yes, I'm getting safety goggles :rolleyes:

Quality safety goggles will cost you $45 alone.

Not to be rude, but that's exactly the kind of response I was trying to avoid... Hence why I added that last bit about the goggles. For just a 100mW green laser used occasionally, I think a not-so-expensive pair will be alright.

Do you have any advice for or against Lazerer?

you found recent threads about lazerer's reputation sliding lately, but couldn't find other recommended companies?:thinking:

well, here's some freebies, stay away from lazerer if you are risk averse. cant go wrong with (jetlasers), others will recommend (laserbtb), though I've no experience with them. avoid (dragonlasers), they are not terrible but you can do much much better

I'd offer my 100mW green as it is for sale, but it's a 520 and I want more than $80 for it

if it were me, and my heart was set on just 100mW of 532, one of these:

these are some of the only titanium hosts I know of, and I don't think they are making more once they run out of stock, when stock is gone that's it. I could be wrong though, but a while back they were on clearance and supposed to be discontinued. maybe they decided to continue with the line, IDK. every owner I have seen report on them says they are very stable for a DPSS laser
TI B LASERS - 532NM GREEN. Titanium lasers by JETLASERS

they have at least two other cool models of 532, the PL-E pro and Equality, but they both start above 100mW

you could get some safety glasses from rick trent here, they will be more than adequate for 100mW. there may be a place cheaper, this is just off the top of my head:
http://www.mostpowerfullasers.com/parts-accessories/

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but that's exactly the kind of response I was trying to avoid... Hence why I added that last bit about the goggles. For just a 100mW green laser used occasionally, I think a not-so-expensive pair will be alright.

Sorry. I just wanted you to be sure that goggles won't be real cheap, since 100mW can easily blind you.

My only advice would be to listen to Shake, lazerer has lately been getting a pretty bad reputation. People buying lasers from them and never receiving them, along with other problems. Best advice, stay away from them!

Last edited:
you found recent threads about lazerer's reputation sliding lately, but couldn't find other recommended companies?:thinking:

well, here's some freebies, stay away from lazerer if you are risk averse. cant go wrong with (jetlasers), others will recommend (laserbtb), though I've no experience with them. avoid (dragonlasers), they are not terrible but you can do much much better

I'd offer my 100mW green as it is for sale, but it's a 520 and I want more than $80 for it

if it were me, and my heart was set on just 100mW of 532, one of these:

these are some of the only titanium hosts I know of, and I don't think they are making more once they run out of stock, when stock is gone that's it. I could be wrong though, but a while back they were on clearance and supposed to be discontinued. maybe the decided to continue with the line, IDK. every owner I have seen report on them says they are very stable for a DPSS laser
TI B LASERS - 532NM GREEN. Titanium lasers by JETLASERS

they have at least two other cool models of 532, the PL-E pro and Equality, but they both start above 100mW

Thanks for the response. I did find some other recommended companies, but there are just so many, I'm drowning in the possibilities! :eek:

I looked into JetLasers and laserbtb but I couldn't really find any I liked... Guess I'll just have to pick one and deal with it :p

The JL you're suggesting looks really nice! If JL is a reliable source, then I might can expand my budget to snag the $119 100mW version. 2 quick Q's: Does JL have a good rep as far as refunds/replacements if the laser doesn't work (or gets caught in US customs)? And do they usually supply on- (or over-) spec lasers?

Thanks again!

Sorry. I just wanted you to be sure that goggles won't be real cheap, since 100mW can easily blind you.

My only advice would be to listen to Shake, lazerer has lately been getting a pretty bad reputation. People buying lasers from them and never receiving them, along with other problems. Best advice, stay away from them!
Ok, no problem :yh:

Thanks for the advice - I'm pretty convinced now to stay away from Lazerer.

Last edited:
In the OP of this thread, http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jetlaser-pl-d-one-day-old-fs-79087.html it looks like one is for sale, PM hakzaw1 and ask him. even if it is sold, he may be able to help you with jetlasers, he is sort of a U.S. rep for them, or something like that. I have done business with him multiple times, he's one of the most trusted people on here. this will eliminate the customs problem. jetlasers customer service is top notch, i have personal experience with that. they tend to be on or over spec. I had a 700mW PL-E that averaged just below 700mW actually, but peaked at 990mW, and held there for a while pretty often.

someone recently got an empty package from lazerer, there are lots of other threads where people gripe about their bad experiences with them, I personally have found them unresponsive once they have your money, though I am happy with the blue I got from them and it has held up well, this was a while back when they were less sketchy

Last edited:
Shake -I sent him a PM. That laser looks nicer every time I see another picture of it ;) (Especially the pics Blord posted in his thread)

Hopefully hakzaw1 can hook me up with one for a decent price. Thanks!

Is the sky brown?
Does water freeze at 50 degrees?
Is oxygen a liquid?
Do you like wasting money?

I think you have found the answer you are looking for........

Is the sky brown?
Does water freeze at 50 degrees?
Is oxygen a liquid?
Do you like wasting money?

I think you have found the answer you are looking for........
Haha, thanks :p I've decided against Lazerer. Do you have any good suggestions? Already heard laserbtb and JetLasers.

Do you have any recommendations for people who can do that? I've heard of Blord but not many others. (I am somewhat good with electronics but I'm brand new to lasers, and I don't really want to mess with that at the moment)

WELCOME Adam--

Please fill out the rest of you profile- its NOT fair to the forum to not let us know your are 15 years old as we would be liable in the event an injury happened with a laser we sold you. Even if another person did something like this with a laser one of us sold you- so until you are 18 your laser hobby needs to include one of your parents-
I can ONLY sell a Ti-B titanium JL Laser to a parent-

I also ask you to go now to the WELCOME section and make a new thread there-
we consider that to be just good manners- we like to know a bit about you- other hobbies- plans for your future etc.-- and your age too. - You are actually very lucky to be so young- many here would envy you as lasers are so very important to all- and you can make the study of them your education focus. any member that mentions safety glasses to you is NOT being rude- so do NOT take that the wrong way-
We say the same thing to any new member regardless of age.-- PM coming--Hak

WELCOME Adam--

Please fill out the rest of you profile- its NOT fair to the forum to not let us know your are 15 years old as we would be liable in the event an injury happened with a laser we sold you. Even if another person did something like this with a laser one of us sold you- so until you are 18 your laser hobby needs to include one of your parents-
I can ONLY sell a Ti-B titanium JL Laser to a parent-

I also ask you to go now to the WELCOME section and make a new thread there-
we consider that to be just good manners- we like to know a bit about you- other hobbies- plans for your future etc.-- and your age too. - You are actually very lucky to be so young- many here would envy you as lasers are so very important to all- and you can make the study of them your education focus. any member that mentions safety glasses to you is NOT being rude- so do NOT take that the wrong way-
We say the same thing to any new member regardless of age.-- PM coming--Hak

Sorry, I wasn't trying to hide my age... It says my age right on my profile :p

I'll make a thread on the Welcome page when I get home tonight. Thanks for the suggestion :yh:

Yeah, I have seen lots and lots of people post about people getting goggles. I just didn't want the thread filled with posts about how I needed safety goggles :p

I urge you to reconsider-
Once you focus the laser and see what 100mW can do, you might want to change your mind. Sure it's not going to cause a forest fire but it'll cut through thin plastics like tape and can burn skin. $50 is not a lot to spend on an Eagle Pair OD4+ and will give you good eye protection. A cheap pair of goggles might not even be OD2 and could melt under a direct hit.

Once my ARG goggles and yellow/red blockers arrive, and with my existing pair, I'll have spent in total almost $300 on eye safety, and I'd do it all over again if I had to.

I urge you to reconsider-
Once you focus the laser and see what 100mW can do, you might want to change your mind. Sure it's not going to cause a forest fire but it'll cut through thin plastics like tape and can burn skin. $50 is not a lot to spend on an Eagle Pair OD4+ and will give you good eye protection. A cheap pair of goggles might not even be OD2 and could melt under a direct hit.

Once my ARG goggles and yellow/red blockers arrive, and with my existing pair, I'll have spent in total almost $300 on eye safety, and I'd do it all over again if I had to.

Yeah, you're right. $50 is nothing if it will protect my eyesight. So is Eagle Pair the best to go with?