Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IQS (itemquick ship) Laser Round-up

madog

This guy even does business on Sundays! I ordered the "super 100" yesterday and today it says shipped!

Helios

I have to say my superbeast #50 is the worst laser I own. At first it will be super dim metering at a mere 20mW and then eventually it will go TEM00 and meters in the 40s but this only lasts maybe 30 seconds before it will just start instantly mode hopping down upon lasing. Big burst of green power goodness -> fades to boringness within a fraction of a second. Its so frustrating that I dislike even turning on the laser.

I know a lot of people are quite satisfied and that is great but I do think it is important to report both the good and the bad for those who are reading this thread as potential buyers.

Bobby

I have to say my superbeast #50 is the worst laser I own. At first it will be super dim metering at a mere 20mW and then eventually it will go TEM00 and meters in the 40s but this only lasts maybe 30 seconds before it will just start instantly mode hopping down upon lasing. Big burst of green power goodness -> fades to boringness within a fraction of a second. Its so frustrating that I dislike even turning on the laser.

I know a lot of people are quite satisfied and that is great but I do think it is important to report both the good and the bad for those who are reading this thread as potential buyers.
Agree with reporting. In every case I've heard this, IQS has replaced the laser. I encourage you to contact him & ship it back for exchange,

I got the #90-#105 532nm pen today. With one 10440 battery it peaked at 144mw and stabilized at 129mw. Using laser shades to filter IR, it metered 14mw, or roughly 14mw of IR. This is only a estimate as I have no IR filter. For $23 this is a steal.

My "5mW" purple pen was in my pocket and it got washed with my pants. It was on spin cycle when I realized it. Still works but I need to get the moisture off the lens. Major dot disortion/cloudiness. Oh well, I will buy another if I have to and keep the host for another project.

wow, it's at $89 now. Definitely not worth that price.

I've got mine to "burning" power by adding a 25.5ohm (somewhere around 50mA) resister in parallel with the pot. now it will lightly make electrical tape smoke....

Helios

wow, it's at $89 now. Definitely not worth that price.

I've got mine to "burning" power by adding a 25.5ohm (somewhere around 50mA) resister in parallel with the pot. now it will lightly make electrical tape smoke....

Im sure they can still be had at the old price though email.

Last edited:

madog

I want you guys' opinions. I got my super 100 today and it only hits 68mw on my meter. Would you exchange it?

I'll try it out, Elite Ares!

My "5mW" purple pen will now pop a balloon now that shortened the barrel and can now focus the beam! A local member is going to LPM them for me when he has a chance.

I'll try it out, Elite Ares!

I've noticed it (keychain pointer) is very temperature sensitive. It takes a while to warm up before it gets to full power. Don't know if that's worth 11 bucks to you.

My "5mW" purple pen will now pop a balloon now that shortened the barrel and can now focus the beam! A local member is going to LPM them for me when he has a chance.

Very cool! Pics? Or was that you who posted one a month or so back? How difficult a project was it to shorten?

My 140mw+ #90-105 is very temp sensative as well. It prefers cooler temperatures. I held it in the freezer for a minute and then ran it on the LPM again. 171mw :beer:. Run it for ~30-45 seconds, try again and it is lucky to hit 100mw.

I've noticed it (keychain pointer) is very temperature sensitive. It takes a while to warm up before it gets to full power. Don't know if that's worth 11 bucks to you.
Very cool! Pics? Or was that you who posted one a month or so back? How difficult a project was it to shorten?

$11? I was talking about the "2011 Adjustable 2in1" that looks to be $40.99. Are we talking about the same one?

As far as my 5mW purple. Not the same one from a few months back. Different guy. It was easy. Put the silver end cap in a vice with a rag and ease it off by twisting and wiggling the barrel. Once off, measure inside to the top of the lens and transfer that measurement to the outside. Mark it and subtract a 1/16th inch so that when you cut the barrel you stay clear of the lens. Cut it with a dremel and square the cut with sandpaper. Sand cap "male" part down so it is snug in the barrel but not too tight. Reinstall cap! To adjust, take cap off and adjust with fingers.

I don't have any before or during pics but can take after pics.

$11? I was talking about the "2011 Adjustable 2in1" that looks to be $40.99. Are we talking about the same one?

No, that's what I get for talking about two different pointers in the same post, sorry.

As far as my 5mW purple. Not the same one from a few months back. Different guy. It was easy. Put the silver end cap in a vice with a rag and ease it off by twisting and wiggling the barrel. Once off, measure inside to the top of the lens and transfer that measurement to the outside. Mark it and subtract a 1/16th inch so that when you cut the barrel you stay clear of the lens. Cut it with a dremel and square the cut with sandpaper. Sand cap "male" part down so it is snug in the barrel but not too tight. Reinstall cap! To adjust, take cap off and adjust with fingers.

I don't have any before or during pics but can take after pics.

Thanks, just might have to try that since my $8 405nm puts out about 50mW.

Thanks, just might have to try that since my $8 405nm puts out about 50mW.

Well worth it for $8 I think.

My ISQs are weird. My 5mW purple pen will pop balloons but can't seem to focus my 100 to do it. My 100 will smoke electrical tape but my purple has a hard time. I need to get them LPMed!