Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

iPhone 4S

vk2fro

Re: iPhone 5/4S

Yep not as impressive as I thought.

In other news, guess what I'm about to play with - yup gonna pop IOS 5 GM on the iphone 4. This will be interesting :)

Hmm... I think I'm going to pick up an htc or motorolla in another 6 months or so.

Samsung was a bit of a letdown... they suck on software updates... but still better than the iCrap:D

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Probably just going to stick with my HTC Desire for now, don't see anything revolutionarily better right now. :undecided:

Last edited:

mpwn

Lol i was waititng for the ipod touch 5 and allthey did was make it white :( like seriosly wtf?

rhd

Possible Headlines:

"Apple Innovates by Adding Features that Have been on Android for a Year"

"Think Different? Or Think the Same, But 12 Months Late?"

"iPhone 4S. Same Phone as 14 Months Ago, But Now With Half the Market Share!"

I got some inside contacts via Apple Canada and I can tell you going with the decently upgraded iPhone 4S has caused quite a shake up at Apple HQ. They were really hoping to release the 5G, but given the current market status, a radically new model didn't make sense. A few senior members of Apples team were at odds with the decision. Development was to focus is on iOS5 to make already existing products "better"/ more usable. A new (beta - NUI) has been incorporated into iOS5 making voice recognition for using most parts in the OS possible. It's as simple as that. Money from their sales has gone in large part to building a huge facility in SanFrancisco for iCloud, which was the dream child of Steve Jobs back in the early 1990's.

There are a few more products to be introduced later on in December. I'm eager to see what that might be! :) There is rumor is an ipad-like device that will come in several sizes. It will be capable of 1080p video and have an enhanced retina display. I have a feeling that his may be the e-ink hybrid Apple engineers have been working on for the past 2 or so years. When view B&W info the device switches to a low power layer on the display, then when colour is introduced it switches to the retina display. I don't think any 3D is expected.... 3D on phones is largely a GIMMICK! and there is not a single unified standard of format. Until this happens I think Apple will stay out.

Last edited: