Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

iOS or Android

Do you use an iOS or Andriod Smart Phone ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey LPF members... I'd like to know the ratio
between iOS users and Android users on the
Forum...

If you use both then vote for the one you
use most often.

Jerry

Last edited:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: POLL iOS or Android

Hey Jerry, what's your prediction? :thinking:

@dden, I'm with you on the battery issue, but I've been lucky so far and haven't had any battery issues with my last couple of phones with non removable batteries.

Ubuntu was supposed to make a mobile OS that would have been interesting.

Rivem

Android for sure. Really not too picky, but I really like the Google ecosystem and IP65 ratings.

Edit:
Ubuntu was supposed to make a mobile OS that would have been interesting.

You ever use it before they cancelled it? The UI was really something else. I was hoping it'd take off or they'd do a bit more, but the cancellation was understandable.

Last edited:

I've been using the iOS platform for a few years now and I've become used to it. Simple to use, doesn't crash on me and looks good. :)

-Alex

iOS for me too.
Not an Apple fanboy or anything, I use Win7 for my PCs, but I like the iPhone/iPad.
Also, as a side note, I find iOS is very stable and reliable when I use my iDevice to fly my drones.
Android is less reliable when flying.

:)

Don't have an Iphone, but switched to google for this forum when my Microsoft email changed about a year ago. Used to be able to link to threads from my email, but that all changed...... so I did too.

Benm

Android for smartphones all the way here, i don't like getting very expensive phones as i have a tendency to break/lose/damage/etc the things to begin with.

Also rooting an android phone seems a bit more easy than jailbreaking an iphone, and i like things like comprehensive ad blocking and privacy enhancing stuff.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

My mobile is iOS, which I use whenever I'm not on my laptop.

Hey Jerry, what's your prediction? :thinking:

A few years ago the split was a lot more on the iOS
side. Today with technological improvements and more
available apps I think the split will be close to 50/50.
Since Steve Job'd death I've seen Apple domination
drop.... But that's just my feeling.:beer:

iOS for me too.
Not an Apple fanboy or anything, I use Win7 for my PCs, but I like the iPhone/iPad.
Also, as a side note, I find iOS is very stable and reliable when I use my iDevice to fly my drones.
Android is less reliable when flying.
:)

If you are referring to the DJI GO firmware... I agree.
DJI seems to focus on iOS devices more than Android.

Although I have a P4P+ with the built in 1000 NITS
screen that actually is an Android device. I've yet
to have an unreliable connection. So maybe it's a
particular Android device architectures that are
causing connection/reliability problems.

Jerry

Last edited:
IOS, I went to Android for a couple of years some time back because Apple wasn't making cell phones with the larger screen I wanted, once they did, back to IOS I went. I had already purchased a lot of applications for my older iPhones, wanted to use them again on my new phone.

Benm

If you are referring to the DJI GO firmware... I agree.
DJI seems to focus on iOS devices more than Android.

I think one issue might be that it is easier to develop for iphone, there are only a few different models in current use (say about 8 or so, not counting ones with different storage space as different models), while there are hundreds of current android phones on the market.

So yes, they could test in on all iphones, but all androids would be an impossible task. Perhaps they optmize for the most popular ones (samsung?) but that doesn't work for other brands?

BobMc

Well, after having a flip-phone for years. A couple of years ago I got tired of my Son snickering at me so I broke down and got an iPhone. 5c to be exact, Verizon had a sale where I could get one for 35.00 flat so to keep him from giggling I broke down. :) I have to admit I glad I did. It's the only one I've ever had, but I'm very happy with it. But me thinks it's time to break down, and, I'm looking to get a new one shortly. But I seen some really nice pictures coming out of the S7's and I hear the S8's are suppose to be even better, so might be worth taking a grander it. Which ones better can I give you a definite maybe ? :)

Last edited: