Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the iGreenie

Murudai said:
That sounds like a good idea for a thread!

'What if ____ made a laser?'  lol

If microsoft made a laser, you'd need to send it back, have it upgraded, then returned to you every week or so :)

second that.

apple lasers would work only between 2.00pm and 6.00pm and not in every place outside you go to.

microsoft lasers would mode hop and wouldnt turn on everytime you wanted...even if it was CW it'd pulse from time to time (booting problems). after using it a bit the diode would start to do even weird-er stuff.

and a linux laser.......you'd have to program it from the terminal to start working, update it, get the driver's drivers and maybe code de diode so you can let it exist. after a year of coding it'd be the awesomest-est-est laser of all time, but remember it'll take you a year of coding!!

BUT
a linux laser would be free :D

ok...now lets start with some images for a MS/Apple/Linux laser.....any ideas?

(i see somebody posting the "what if microsoft created the ipod" video (maybe VI?))..

DOS laser FTW! With Zork pre-installed.
it would project a black screen with white words.

"You come to a fork in the road. What would you like to do?"

"Pick up fork"

LULZ.

The microsoft laser would be a big ol' brick that weighs an extremely portable 60 pounds. The apple iLaser iPointer would be a sleek ergonomic design, but it would require AT&T to run. Soon, "how to hack your iLaser iPointer to work with t-mobile" would be uploaded to the internet. It would cost a ridiculous $2000 dollars, and the beam would be white or black. The microsft beam would be a disgusting poo colored brown, and when it malfunctions, it would become the 100MEGAWATT blue beam of death.

nikokapo said:
and a linux laser.......you'd have to program it from the terminal to start working, update it, get the driver's drivers and maybe code de diode so you can let it exist. after a year of coding it'd be the awesomest-est-est laser of all time, but remember it'll take you a year of coding!!

(i see somebody posting the "what if microsoft created the ipod" video (maybe VI?))..

VI delivers

A linux laser wouldn't let you pop balloons or light matches. It'd also have excellent divergance and automatically redirect the beam away from people's eyes. It'd also have a 7-point safety system with three keylocks.

As far as looks go

The Microsoft laser would look just like what the Apple laser looked like three years earlier, but the beam would come out the other end!

icecruncher said:
As far as looks go

The Microsoft laser would look just like what the Apple laser looked like three years earlier, but the beam would come out the other end!
icecruncher your avatar really disappoints me, lol. windows is the almighty!

mikeeey said:
[quote author=icecruncher link=1210369596/36#37 date=1211419150]As far as looks go

icecruncher your avatar really disappoints me, lol. windows is the almighty![/quote]

Sorry, maybe it would help to tell you that it was made by a Microsoft programmer/fan who is also really good with Photoshop. But, he knows I'm a mac guy, so he did it for me as a favor. He goes back about 25 years on PCs.

I go back 30 years (Bill and the TWO Steves.) The Woz.

BTW, be careful, without the laser - it's pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a grue!

icecruncher said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1210369596/36#38 date=1211421954][quote author=icecruncher link=1210369596/36#37 date=1211419150]As far as looks go

icecruncher your avatar really disappoints me, lol. windows is the almighty![/quote]

Sorry, maybe it would help to tell you that it was made by a Microsoft programmer/fan who is also really good with Photoshop. But, he knows I'm a mac guy, so he did it for me as a favor. He goes back about 25 years on PCs.

I go back 30 years (Bill and the TWO Steves.)  The Woz.

BTW, be careful, without the laser - it's pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a grue!

[/quote]
lol at the last sentence..

yes it makes me feel better that it was made by a microsoft programmer. i would have just assumed that that picture was just found somewhere on google, but thats pretty cool that it was made by your friend!