Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the iGreenie

all copper and Allu construction
uses one CR123 Battery for unprecedented run times
Highly advanced GITD polymer tailcap switch
precise green beam
and one more thing................................

the tailcap switch is a clicky

Attachments

• IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 79

Oh thank god! for a minute their I thought you had beaten me to using a dead ipod as a host ;D.

the laser looks very nice mate

People it's a joke I just slapped a sticker over the copper heatsink I made for my Romisen L-B030 Apple has i everything so why not an ilaser ;)

If apple produced a laser....

It would be white and shiny. It would use completely radical batteries just to be 'different' from other lasers. It would also be somehow compatible with your iPod.

"Hi! I'm a Mac!"
"And I'm a PC!"
"Laser attttaaaackk! DIE PC!!!" *ZAP*
"Gaah!!!..."

It'd also be about three times more expensive than the equivalent product from Microsoft if they made lasers. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an iPointer, iLaser, etc for 'trendy young business people' or some crap. The only thing I'd ever buy from Apple is the iPod, which has a nice functional design, looks good, works well for an ok price...
Personally I'd rather have this

dell_xps-720-3.jpg

^I bought one! =D

than this

imac24neu.gif

okay perhaps the dell is a little bit more expensive but you get the point XD

That sounds like a good idea for a thread!

'What if ____ made a laser?' lol

If microsoft made a laser, you'd need to send it back, have it upgraded, then returned to you every week or so :)

Yeah, a Microsoft pointer would run on software or something else that you don't need....

If microsoft made a laser it would be based on a subscription service, and each time you turned it on you'd have to verify it was a genuine microsoft laser, call their customer service line, get a 20 digit number, key that into the laser, then when you finally got it powered on it would crash after five minutes of use. It would also have DRM "don't refract me" technology embedded in it where it would be against the law to try and split the beam. Once every five years they would release a new laser that costs $400, which you are required to pay since balloons and matches will soon be changed to only work with the new laser.. The new laser will require you to buy extra batteries to run it, though it won't be any brighter, it will just have prettier stickers on it... I could go on... too easy really.

With Apple it would have a terrible heatsink and it ALWAYS stays on. It would NOT have a removable battery, and it would have a really weird plugin for the wall which you need to buy seperate, only for 7 payments of $59.99.
It would probably also be some weird wavelength that you need special goggles to see it, since it isn't compatible with normal eyes.

Also, it would lack features such as an IR filter. And you cant modify/repair the hardware.

Lastly, everyone would know about it, since apple is so popular, and everyone would think it's the coolest thing, all lasers would be banned!
o and this is my favorite... everyone would think it's the FIRST EVER GREEN LASER TO EXIST.

Ace82

If it were Microsoft you would have to remove the batts to turn it off because it wouldn't shut down on it's own.

If it were apple it would have commericals that bashed the compition just so they could sell it. It would look really nice but wount function at all.

f22warzone said:
If it were apple it would have commericals that bashed the compition just so they could sell it. It would look really nice but wount function at all.

If it was an Apple, at least it's buyers would be able to spell and communicate their superiority effectively... ;D

An Apple pointer would have a soft-grip case that heats up like a son of a bitch, and they'd try and get you to buy Apple batteries for it, It'd work by plugging into an iMac (it explodes if you try to plug into a proper computer) and charges the battery via $50 software (iLaser iPointer iCharging iSoftware) It somehow switches to 100W if you try and use it for presentations without a screen made by Apple, and burns your screen. The diode soon explodes after such incident and you pay $100 to get a guy at Apple to inspect it. ;D