Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the 10W Rubicon X LPM!

I have some ready, drop me a PM if you're interested.

I can only ship on weekends now, there is no post office near campus and I only have time on the weekends to take a trip down there.

I want! :drool: pm coming

I have some ready, drop me a PM if you're interested.

I can only ship on weekends now, there is no post office near campus and I only have time on the weekends to take a trip down there.
OK I'm sorting out selling mine locally and the exchange rate as that makes a big difference to the price ,so i want to time it a bit ..I PM when I'm ready ....and ive been meaning to ask What does ARG mean?

ARG

ARG is the filter of the goggles I first bought from OEM laser systems (R.I.P.) they were made for argon lasers, so the filter name was abbreviated to ARG.
Being unoriginal it was one of the few things that didn't sound awful when I was thinking up a username.

Great work as always.

As for the resolution, 0.15mW is still well above the Ophir's noise of 0.5mW, so I don't think it'll make any practical difference. Even if it does you could still use the oversampling feature of Peregrine 1.4 to lower it at a slower sample rate.

plexus

Trevor/ARG... i have a kenometer pro w 20A sensor. can I connect the sensor to a Rubicon X and get the 10W range?

ARG

Yup, you can take a 20A sensor from any LPM and attach it to the Rubicon base unit to read up to 10W :D
Just note that you will need to heat sink the sensor for extended power readings above 5W.

ARG

Have not forgotten :D

Sent you another update :)

ARG

I have the meter, without heads in stock.

Heads will be back in stock at the end of Aug/start of Sept.

Reiign

Yup, you can take a 20A sensor from any LPM and attach it to the Rubicon base unit to read up to 10W :D
Just note that you will need to heat sink the sensor for extended power readings above 5W.

This seems like the perfect lpm. Both usb interface and internal interface. I pmed you earlier regarding lpms and totally forgot about this thread so scratch that pm! I will be buying one of these next week when i get paid. Is there any cheap 20a sensors i can use untill i can afford the ophir one as 500 is a bit much in one payment lol

ARG

This seems like the perfect lpm. Both usb interface and internal interface. I pmed you earlier regarding lpms and totally forgot about this thread so scratch that pm! I will be buying one of these next week when i get paid. Is there any cheap 20a sensors i can use untill i can afford the ophir one as 500 is a bit much in one payment lol

Whoops, already responded to that PM.

We are out of the 20A sensors, but you can still find them on ebay occasionally.
We will have a different thermopile and different rubicon model compatible with them in stock sometime this winter.

Pman

Did you time your evil Rep for Halloween Alex:eek: (when I posted it was 666)

Last edited:
Looking at these has me wanting one. Are the complete packages in stock?

PM sent

Last edited: