Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Radiant Electronics and the Radiant Alpha Power Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega

I will be getting one ASAP!!
Please PM me your payment info! with the shipping if any..totall!

Last edited:

That's not a bad idea. One thing I forgot to ask is there a recommended distance from the sensor you should place the laser? I've seen some people say 6" is good but I've sen videos of people putting them anywhere from point blank to a couple feet away. I would think point blank would be bad because the LPM's sensor would pick up heat from the host or your hand and throw the reading off.

Right, you want to keep other sources of energy away from the sensor. However the actual distance itself doesn't really matter, as long as you can get the whole beam on the sensor.

I will be getting one ASAP!!
Please PM me your payment info! with the shipping if any..totall!

They are currently out of stock but you might be able to get one this weekend. You can purchase them here: Radiant Alpha

Shipping in the USA is about $6 and $13 international.

Do you have a prototype images of the higher power models your be offering?

Do you have a prototype images of the higher power models your be offering?

No teaser shots yet, but they will be under heavy development during winter break :)

Also apologies to those who were checking the site this weekend - studying for finals ended up taking more out of me than I thought :yabbem:

Production will be full steam ahead with the parts I have after Friday though ;)

iFoSh

I'll sell you mine for $150. Haha. :evil: just be patient. They are great meters!

ZapU

Was 11-21 the last time they were available? Haven't seen anything since then.

By the way, I updated the adjustment pot. Didn't seem to make much difference.

Was 11-21 the last time they were available? Haven't seen anything since then.

By the way, I updated the adjustment pot. Didn't seem to make much difference.

You may need to adjust the internal zeroing bias pot (the one on the pcb marked 101) if adjusting the internal pot doesn't allow it to properly zero you can return your unit and I'll replace the opamp.

A batch just went out on Jan 2nd, I'm waiting on a large order of more panel meters right now.

I might have to buy this if I see a good review for it.

Looks good for what I need it for.... :D

ZapU

Didn't see the availability on the 2nd. I appreciate your offer to make repairs if needed.

With the original pot, the meter pretty much stayed at .000, but didn't seem to change when turned. With the new pot, it's not much different, turning the pot has very little effect.
Since it still zeros out on it's own, I haven't worried about it, just thought I would give some feedback. I use it a lot and really like it. Hope you get more out soon!

Helios

If I hadnt recently dropped $800 on a lathe and all the need accessories id snatch up one from the next batch. Cant justify spending any more money on this hobby at the moment haha

Ill be needing one eventually however...hoping theres a 3-5W unit in the works!

Put a shortcut to Radiant Alpha on your desktop- check it often. They are very nice meters and sell out within hours. Be patient , these are not mass produced and Radiant is only trying to be fair to all. They must wait on parts from China and cannot always tell when they will be ready with the next batch. MarioM is a full time college student please keep that in mind. The Alpha is worth the wait IMO.

Be nice- it pays off in time.

hope this has been helpful. My Alpha review will be posted soon.

hak

Really hope these become available enough at some point for me to get one with a custom LED display color, or a dot matrix backlit LCD display. I know that was going to be an option but they're just too popular, heh.

DrSid

I guess I don't care anymore. Those meters looks good, and price is great. But I just won't check their site every day. It actually may not even work, because batch may be sold in hours, rather then days. It's not shop, it's lottery. If they ever implement order queue, ok, let me know. Like this, just another LPM I can't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.