Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Radiant Electronics and the Radiant Alpha Power Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blord

I go to bed at 4 am, out of stock.
I wake up at 10 am, out of stock.

I missed the whole bunch of lpm. :(

DrSid

I missed it too, due bad timezone .. anyway that shop is growing nice, and all cool items ! I will order whole bunch together with the LPM.
I suggest you guys resell drivers and optics too. Most expansive things on these is shipping, and if I could buy it all at one spot, I would pay dollar or two more.

Paypal won't let me order it. Can't pay $0.00 with Paypal.

I figured that might be a problem, I'll try and get it reconfigured - maybe make it like $0.01 or something so the transaction will complete.

I'm doing this since it's easier for me to keep track of on my end for shipping purposes.

ZapU

I figured that might be a problem, I'll try and get it reconfigured - maybe make it like $0.01 or something so the transaction will complete.

I'm doing this since it's easier for me to keep track of on my end for shipping purposes.

That worked, ordered one.

Thanks

I dont know much about this sort of thing but is there any way to modify them for higher power ranges? I want one but with 445nm already breaking 2W I would like to know ill be able to mod it for future high power diodes. Even if it was just a shift up in the power range eliminating the lower end id be interested.

Or maybe a new model of meter will debut soon... :undecided:

Maybe try a neutral density filter? Use it on a known lower power and see what percentage power drop then use it to reduce a high power to within the meter's range?

ND filter should work-I use one on my SPER-

but 2 watt max should be enough for a long time to come IMO.

Old ND filters made for 35 mm film cameras can be found cheap- just like the cameras!!

and do what 'elite' says-(+rep) dont go by the N/D filter number

quote--
Maybe try a neutral density filter? Use it on a known lower power and see what percentage power drop then use it to reduce a high power to within the meter's range?

good advice elite--btw that's one monster you got there in your avatar!! tell us moar!!

Last edited:
My Meade ND96 (0.9 density, 13% transmission) filter for my telescope eyepieces claims it "transmits light uniformly across the entire visual spectrum" but I've found you need to test each frequency individually for the true percentage passed.

good advise elite--btw that one monster you got there in your avatar!! tell us moar!!

Don't want to hijack this thread. Check my profile photo albums for telescope info.

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/elite-ares/albums/some-my-stuff/4001-14-5-starmaster-belongs-asem-i-currently-have-checked-out-one-privileges-membership-check-out-our-website-http-www-asemonline-org.jpg

DrSid

With lasers this strong you must be very careful .. the ND filter may absorb those 87% of energy, rather then reflect it .. in which case it can be damaged by the laser (burned through in other words). And if it reflects all the light you mast be careful where it will reflect, as the reflection again can damage the diode if it enters the module again, or it can burn through your shirt or what whatever.

I have an idea. It would require another laser which power is withing the LPM range. Then you will need piece of clear flat glass, and some beam stop. Let's say we want 25% of the light. First you aim the laser at the LPM, and note the power. Now put the glass in between .. and rotate it. It should move the dot a bit, and the reflection/transmission will vary with the angle. Turn unless you obtain 25% value on LPM. Use the beam stop to 'catch' the reflection, or just make sure you know where the reflected 75% will end up.
Now just leave the configuration as it was, and replace the laser. Safe, cheap.

Last edited:

Blord

Maybe using a diffraction grating is easier. Calculate the lost with a "low" power laser and apply this to a high power laser.
If one grate isn't enough use two grates, but I doubt anyone with a multi-Watt laser can't afford a higher capacity lpm.

Last edited:
Higher capacity is definitely something that will be incorporated in future models :)

All orders as of this post have been shipped :)

Maybe using a diffraction grating is easier. Calculate the lost with a "low" power laser and apply this to a high power laser.
If one grate isn't enough use two grates, but I doubt anyone with a multi-Watt laser can't afford a higher capacity lpm.

Im planning a similar build to DTR with 2 micro drives hoping to break 2W and id love to have a meter to find out if I do but I can justify spending $400+ just to buy a meter capable of testing this single $200 laser.

Higher capacity is definitely something that will be incorporated in future models :)

All orders as of this post have been shipped :)

I cannot wait. If you can increase the range and still keep the prices much lower then the competition i'll be all over one :drool:

We defiantly have more plans for future models of the alpha line of ultra affordable laser power meters, the alphas will always be a main focus of radiant electronics.

But, also be prepared for new and different laser power meters from us for hobbyists who demand more from their lpm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.