Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interested in the new Jetlasers 100mw 473nm PLE pro Mini

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
30mW will still give you a visible beam in dim conditions plus it will probably be overspec as well.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
mortuus, if you are thinking of buying one of these J/L 473nm's, I'd personally go with one of the higher output choices, if you can afford to do so. As Curtis mentioned, they will all probably be overspec to some degree.

Last edited:
Something i have noticed with 180mw of 473nm. If you have the lights on and shine it around its not all that impressive but right when you flip the lights off everything changes especially when you let your eyes adjust to the dark. Its super impressive and the beam becomes more viberant then you would think for 180mw. Honistly the beam looks more vivid then my 95mw green laser which acording to the beam calculator should not be the case.

Radim

Something i have noticed with 180mw of 473nm. If you have the lights on and shine it around its not all that impressive but right when you flip the lights off everything changes especially when you let your eyes adjust to the dark. Its super impressive and the beam becomes more viberant then you would think for 180mw. Honistly the beam looks more vivid then my 95mw green laser which acording to the beam calculator should not be the case.

Not sure, which calculator you used, but a lot of them are set for daylight conditions what I've noticed. Thats why I've created mine own once. ;)

Check one of my earlier posts:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/473-nm-high-power-portable-recommendations-100013-2.html#post1465483

Not sure, which calculator you used, but a lot of them are set for daylight conditions what I've noticed. Thats why I've created mine own once. ;)

Check one of my earlier posts:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/473-nm-high-power-portable-recommendations-100013-2.html#post1465483

Thats awesome. That 50nm shift in dark conditions really makes sense. This morning when i work up at 2am to get to the airport while my eyes were very night adapted the beam was stunning. It even seamed more impressive then the sanwu 445nm pocket laser i used to have. The divergance which i have not measuered yet is most definitely below 1mrad. At 20 feet it was still a pit point spot

Radim

Wow, below 1 mrad is quite awesome. I'm looking forward to see mine. It started to move yesterday and is supposed to come on Monday. Last seen in "LEIPZIG - GERMANY". This seems reasonable to get here on Monday. Let's see how the package will proceed. But my great moment of updating my collection description with such an amazing wavelength is coming. ;)

DPSS! Also, DPSS at a shorter wavelength, together you can get excellent mRad.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
DPSS's have great beam specs compared to diodes.
Best of luck Radim. I bet you are getting very excited! :p Be sure to post when you receive it. :)
I really like my 473, it is a lovely shade of blue of which cameras don't do it much justice. Enjoy it when it comes. :beer:

Radim

Be sure I'll do, Oliver. :) It is going to be another jewell in my collection, like 589 nm is. I have a lot of work on Monday, therefore it will be an awesome reward receiving it. I have to make sure I won't forget to take one 18650 with me. :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, you will end up with a special place for your exotics most probably. Combine your 589 and 473 together and see what you get. ;)
Make sure you remember to take a fully charged 18650 with you on Monday. :p

Radim

Yes, you will end up with a special place for your exotics most probably. Combine your 589 and 473 together and see what you get. ;)
Make sure you remember to take a fully charged 18650 with you on Monday. :p

Yes, I'll do. You can check my post here. If you connect 589 nm and 473 nm on the diagram, you get a line, where the combined color will be. Definitely awesome. Check also 445 nm or 405 nm and 589 nm and compare with my photos, where these two meet. It composes in interesting "pink" color. I'm step by step creating more and more combination possibilities due my laser collection and I'm about to play with it in the future to find out how to combine more than 2 wavelengths to reach other colors in the RGB colorspace as well.

Edit: I need to get some beamsplitters to manipulate with intensity. I plan to get optics kit when I'll go for Optotronics laser in near future. ;)

Last edited:

Radim

Damn it! The waiting for this laser is pure pain for me. Still not here and tracking from today morning says: "The Clearance process for this shipment is on-going with additional details required for clearance" I got them what they wanted yesterday already as there was another message. I contacted DHL just a while ago and it should be OK as the tracking is delayed - in other words - useless. Should be here tomorrow according to them. Really if it arrives, I'll be surprised. Hopefully they handle the package carefully at least. Pigeon post from China would be faster than that. However I would like to mention it is not fault of Jet Lasers, as this is just shipping what takes ages.

Damn it! The waiting for this laser is pure pain for me. Still not here and tracking from today morning says: "The Clearance process for this shipment is on-going with additional details required for clearance" I got them what they wanted yesterday already as there was another message. I contacted DHL just a while ago and it should be OK as the tracking is delayed - in other words - useless. Should be here tomorrow according to them. Really if it arrives, I'll be surprised. Hopefully they handle the package carefully at least. Pigeon post from China would be faster than that. However I would like to mention it is not fault of Jet Lasers, as this is just shipping what takes ages.

I was reading your signature Radim, sucks to hear about that. DHL is usually very fast regarding shipping packages so you should expect it tomorrow. If not, give them a call and see what's up. I never really had any issues with DHL that I can remember. :eek:

-Alex

Last edited:

Radim

Thanks, Alex. They told me it should be ok and just the tracking is delayed and it will be in my hands tomorrow. Sometimes it happens, not serious issue - just me being impatient. But you know how it is, if you are expecting new laser to come and worried about any issues with customs, handling of package etc. I do not like opening the package by them because you never know how they will treat the content - will they open aperture or optics covers? How much dust is in that room? How carefully they pack it again? It is not illegal to get laser of any power portable or labby in my country, not even any license is needed for that, but I'm still worried.

Last edited:
Very nice beam shots, Alex. I am interested in the measure divergence of this laser. Will be looking forward to seeing what you get exactly.