Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interest guage - 200mw 660nm red pointers...

haha im in teh same boat rog...

anyway, ive followed this thread all the way through even though I wasnt involved, and now thats its almost over I have one thing to say.

SenKat for President!!! on the LFP ticket hahaha

www.Senkat.youaremighty.com

S

SenKat

rog8811 said:
Hi SenKat, is there a chance that there would be enough bits of broken laser knocking about in the bottom of the box for me......I came on the scene rather late :-[
Regards rog8811

There could be an extra one after all is done with - I have given out a few refunds, but still do not know 100% how this will trun out, so stay tuned....

T

timelord

I'm all ears mate your doing a fantastic job Greg and the best things in life are worth waiting for [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Timelord said:
I'm all ears mate your doing a fantastic job Greg and the best things in life are worth waiting for  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hehe very true Timelord but to quote a song "The best things in life are free"

SenKat you are the man, we all really appreciate what you are doing on this GB, I hope the end is near for your sake more than ours.

There could be an extra one after all is done with - I have given out a few refunds, but still do not know 100% how this will trun out, so stay tuned....

My paypal payment finger is poised.... :)

Regards rog8811

S

SenKat

I am waiting (impatiently, I might add !) for them to be received this week by them - and then they will ship ALL lasers - hopefully as they state, certified to be a minimum of 180mw (keep fingers crossed !!!!!) at once - and I have insisted on a different carrier - Fedex or UPS, as DHL is consistently pissing me off with their antics, and unreliability. So - hopefully, they will listen this time, and do as requested - I am fairly certian that I have been painfully clear with them - not RUDE, but VERY clear ! LOL Geesh - I really wish I had the mental capacity to learn other languages - it would make international work SO very much easier !

xgeek

Just a quick question from a noob

In power terms are these pointers much more powerful than making your own using the new "DIY Laser Torch" guide that Daedal posted today with one of the Sony 250 mW LDs from the GB?

I know the housing and finish will be better as it is not home made, but I was wondering about the laser output, brightness and burning capabilities.

Many thanks.

Daedal

Greg, you are doing a great job man. No worries from my side. :)

Xgeek, a milliwatt is a milliwatt. How these reds compare to the ones I am making really is a matter of luck. No one as of yet knows the specs of the diodes these guys are using, or if they are being overdriven, or if they are in fact some of the best diodes for that price! It seems to me like past experiences with this pointer have been very positive and that leads me to believe that these pointers are actually loaded with some nice diodes. I can personally say that a LD from an 18x DVD burner had lasted me just a little over a month, perhaps two, before dying on me. When I get this one, if it is in fact going to die because of being overdriven... I would show up quickly.... Then again, someone must have found that out by now... ;)

--DDL

Is it means that it won't be around 200mW average as they originally stated?

Anyway, you do great job in handling this whole ordeal Senkat, and I do really appreciate your persistence for all this time...

chimo

Greg, got my shipment today! :):):) Same observation as the others on the washer thickness. Looks like a fairly easy fix. I have some other observations that I will follow up with later. Thanks,

Paul

chimo

More pics and some electrical data has been added to the thread linked to above.

Hey everyone,
I saw in a previous message that someone said they used snap ring pliers to focus the laser. I was just wondering if it is recommended that I have a pair of these or will other devices work? Thanks again!

THe focusing ring are held by small drop of green threadlock glue. You can use standard flat screwdriver to focus the laser, no need to buy special snapring plier...